Who is Starfire's True Love?

• 78 results
#51 Posted by wessaari (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@daboyfromsaturn said:

I dont really know if it should be Dick, definitely not Roy he's a dick. You gotta remember that Dick had a relationship with Barbara Gordon maybe after reboot they're still in love.

Do you mean in the New 52, because if so than im sorry to say that both Dick and Babs have mentioned that they werent together, THOUGH they both had/have feelings for each other but just never expressed those feelings. I would love for Dick and Babs to get back together, especially since i dont like his new potential love interest, who is the daughter of the man that killed his parents! It remains to be seen if they are in love, but i would like nothing more for that to be the case

#52 Posted by WonderHunter (121 posts) - - Show Bio

In Teen Titans i loved Kori and Dick together :( a lot. But if they aren't meant to be together in all this new issues, then all i want for Starfire is happyness. Maybe with some space hero (that will be awesome)

Dick and Kori didn't end THAT bad. The guy say he will always have a place for her in his heart. Man, all i want is for some writer that honor their story, even if they take different paths. They where really importart for each other, and see they treat her in such a heartless way while he is moving on.... it's quite painful. It's one of the things i like of RHATO (i like the new badass things they give to Kori, but i don't like the way they portray her as a person). And i must say, the part when she is without powers, crying for Richard in the snow.... brought tears to my eyes :'( damn you DC. Damn you.

#53 Posted by divingfalcon713 (282 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss: Not really true, for preboot Kori of the New52 version.

#54 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4601 posts) - - Show Bio

the relationship was due to Starfire's unexplainable memory loss, and Dick Grayson having not mentioned Kori in the pages of Nightwing

Her memory lost was accidentally taken away once the universe had a timeflux that fluxed everything up, and created New52. I hear on this Universe Tim was never a Robin.

All the puns are funny. XD

BUt Dam Dick is quite a Lady Killer. Keep knocking em down. THey love that $#!%.

(+)

#55 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@divingfalcon713: I'm assuming your comment was meant to say that Kori wasn't a huge slut pre-New 52. But she is now. Like a huge slut. I mean, Dick Grayson is a huge slut too, so maybe it makes sense that one huge slut ought to end up with another? I dunno. My comment about Starfire not being able to truly love a human stands, though. There's even a couple panels in the first Red Hood & the Outlaws trade (New 52) in which Kori explains how she feels about humanity and why she can't really remember anyone after a set period of time (her reasoning being that it would basically be like us trying to remember the individual faces of gnats we've encountered).

#56 Posted by Onemoreposter (3938 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer said:

she loves dick

yep...she never could seem to get enough dick.....

but you have to remember, dick is in high demand. huntress wanted dick, oracle wanted dick, you know donna t wanted dick but she just never came out and said it.

in the end though, these women are going to have to find something more than dick to satisfy them

#57 Posted by wessaari (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss said:

@divingfalcon713: I'm assuming your comment was meant to say that Kori wasn't a huge slut pre-New 52. But she is now. Like a huge slut. I mean, Dick Grayson is a huge slut too, so maybe it makes sense that one huge slut ought to end up with another? I dunno. My comment about Starfire not being able to truly love a human stands, though. There's even a couple panels in the first Red Hood & the Outlaws trade (New 52) in which Kori explains how she feels about humanity and why she can't really remember anyone after a set period of time (her reasoning being that it would basically be like us trying to remember the individual faces of gnats we've encountered).

i think u r missing the point. Kori and her people view sex differently than our standards. It is another way they share knowldge, language and info. She has always been somewhat flirtatious, and slept with guys at random in pre new 52. Heck she was married twice. Plus she has only slept with one guy since the series has started, and they are in a somewhat relationship. So i dont see how she is a slut, because frankly sluts abuse their bodies with mindless sex with random guys. Now i know that could possibly categorize Kori in their, but once again her standards and social culture about sex are completely differnt than ours.

Her explanation of being self defining didnt explain her memory problem, it explained why she isnt so hung up on Dick. She is saying that if she gave away her power to one person (he would have to be worth it) and she would give up her power to be self-defining, meaning she would be defined by who she was with. Now i dont really agree with that, since im a hopeless romantic, but that is they way she is. I would have preffered her to have her memory intact, but beggars cant be choosers. It hasnt been perfectly explained, but the fact that she still remembers Dick to an extent, even to go so far as to whimper his name when she lost her powers, means alot. She is grateful for the time that she has with him, but she isnt going to waste her life in pursuit of him. I hope they do cross paths in the future, and the explanantion on why they arent together is fully revealed, but for now im just going with the flow. The fact is that Kori's whole culture and views on sexuality dont match our standards, and you need to think past the fact that she had a night stand (which turned into a relationship btw), and more on that she is differnt than us.

P.S. i hope i didnt come off as a jerk, because that looks like a huge rant, im just trying to explain it to you. If you still think that she's a slut, well i cant change that opinion, but im not gonna force mine on yours

#58 Posted by wessaari (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

@theTimeStreamer said:

she loves dick

yep...she never could seem to get enough dick.....

but you have to remember, dick is in high demand. huntress wanted dick, oracle wanted dick, you know donna t wanted dick but she just never came out and said it.

in the end though, these women are going to have to find something more than dick to satisfy them

i litreally laughed out loud

#59 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@wessaari: Well, I was calling both Starfire and Dick sluts in a playful way. It wasn't meant to be taken too seriously. I do understand the bit about Kori and how she experiences sex differently, but from a human's perspective she... Sleeps with a lot of people. Dick Grayson has no excuse. And as for her only sleeping with one person since the series started, you are mistaken on that one. She has slept with at least two, those two being Jason Todd and Arsenal (whatever his real name is). The shaggings in question can both be found in the first RH&TA trade.

#60 Posted by wessaari (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss said:

@wessaari: Well, I was calling both Starfire and Dick sluts in a playful way. It wasn't meant to be taken too seriously. I do understand the bit about Kori and how she experiences sex differently, but from a human's perspective she... Sleeps with a lot of people. Dick Grayson has no excuse. And as for her only sleeping with one person since the series started, you are mistaken on that one. She has slept with at least two, those two being Jason Todd and Arsenal (whatever his real name is). The shaggings in question can both be found in the first RH&TA trade.

oh ya, Dick is a slut. Dick can literally not keep his own Dick in his pants. He just made out with the daughter of the man who killed his parents..... he is that desperate.

#61 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@wessaari: Yeah, I'm starting to think that Dick has just become a vessel for all of the nerdy fantasies that fester in the minds of his writers.

#62 Posted by wessaari (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss said:

well actually, and i know im coming off as a hardcore fan here so forgive me but Kori and Jason never slept together. Lobdell said in an interview that Jason lied about that to keep Roy from pulling a move, and as it turned out Kori was the one who just blatanly asked for it. So in our terms, ya she is a slut, but she is an alien where sex is candy on her home pplanet.

#63 Posted by divingfalcon713 (282 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people think that if I woman initiates sex that she's a slut? 1) Kori has not slept with that many people. Just because she wears a revealing outfit does not mean she grabs random dudes off the street to screw. Before flashpoint she had only slept with like four people, two of them she was married to. 2) Back to what I said earlier, just because she asked Roy to have sex with her does not make her a slut. If she asked a different dude in every issue to sleep with her the way she asked Roy then she would be a slut. She is in a monogamous relationship with him. That is the exact opposite of slutty.

#64 Posted by SweetyTaste (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I Hope in the new 52 Starfire and Nightwight(Dick grayson) tell how they feel and get back together..because i believe that dick still have feelings for her as you can read in wikipedia whe he says he doesn't love her anymore but ''he can't believe what he said''....
I believe that Dick Grayson is Koriand'rs true love!

#65 Edited by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@sweetytaste: completely agree! Also when he said at he said he didn't love her in a way that meant forever thats how she asked, he loved her but wasn't as committed as she. But he did still love her he wouldn't of hinted at wanting to renew their relationship if he didn't. In the new 52 it shows they were happy and in love just broke up badly. And he told jason I'm RHATO 17 that he didn't want to get close to anyone cus of some pain and to watch over her that indicates her cares. She's with Roy but it's hinted she's still in love with Dick.

#66 Posted by lifeofvibe (3425 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Edited by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: what's bull? Read back to titans issue 5 she specifically asks him if he loves her in a forever way. But it was also stated he was hinting at wanting to renew their relationship. Why would he hint at that of he didn't give a crap at all about her? He may not have loved her as much anymore but that didn't mean he didn't care. In the reboot she's mentioned multiple times she remembers loving someone, that they spend day and night together and were happy RHATO issue 6. And issue 17 why would he tell Todd to take care of her and say he didn't want to get close to anyone at the moment. If he didn't give a crap he'd go in and just ignore her. And she lied about her memory loss e new writer stated that and she and Arsenal broke up cus she did in fact remember her past lovers including Dick, but she lied and he wanted honestly despite her maybe having her reasons. These are facts look up the issues I mentioned or on wiki about why Arsenal broke it off. And if you don't wanna believe it your problem not mine. Just cus I don't see things ur way doesn't mean what I said was bs or wrong.

#68 Posted by lifeofvibe (3425 posts) - - Show Bio

@acolombia: I believe you and the bad part about that is that now I want starfire out of outlaws

P.s I've only read the trades

P.s.s thanks for the info...

#69 Edited by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@daboyfromsaturn: according to the new continuity they've never dated. And supposedly there's feelings between them but he's always had a thing for both of them, example, in the old DCU, he still loved Babs after they broke up and they'd flirt after, yet after sleeping with Kori for, the sons of Trigon influence thing, there was still a deep connection between them, it's not so cut and dry that he's only ever loved just Babs or just Kori. He loved them at different times of his life and has always had a thing for both they've both been special to him. If it may be Dick in the future we will see they haven't really gone over how they broke up or seen them interact the writers said they'd flesh that out soon, and agreed Roy is a dick, he broke it off with her anyway.

#70 Edited by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: oh didn't know sorry if I came off a bit intense lol. But look up those issues you'll see what I'm talking about, and I've wanted Starfire out of Outlaws since the beginning if you see how they treated her at first....god. Hoping they'll take her out eventually.

#71 Posted by daredevil21134 (10849 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd lol

#72 Posted by lifeofvibe (3425 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by God_Spawn (37316 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd is incredibly doubtful. -_-.

#74 Posted by daredevil21134 (10849 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd is incredibly doubtful. -_-.

It's the fan boy in me lol

#75 Posted by lifeofvibe (3425 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: storys to be told as I said storys to be told but yea doubtul

#76 Edited by waezi2 (6823 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecrowbar: I don't think so. She once had a boyfriend called Franklin who were her first love. She had feelings for Dick after meeting him for the first time, but Dick turned her down because he had a self esteem crisis at the moment. Franklin, unfortunately, were hired by a H.I.V.E. agent to get the Titans in a trap. Franklin were killed because he refused to go through with the plan.

#77 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

prefer starfire with grayson.

#78 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@mega_spidey01: agreed. But u never know she and Roy broke up, Jason's off on his League thing. Dick and Starfire have yet to interact and its been hinted there are still feelings between them any things possible

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.