Follow

Starfire

Character » Starfire appears in 2171 issues.

Formerly warrior Princess Koriand'r of the now-destroyed planet Tamaran, Starfire found a new home on Earth and a new family in the Teen Titans. She was once romantically involved with Dick Grayson, and often dealt with hostilities from her older sister Blackfire. Starfire has also served with many other teams such as the Outsiders, Justice League, R.E.B.E.L.S. and Jason Todd's Outlaws.

Who is Starfire's True Love?

• 106 results
    wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By wessaari

In the past continuity, Kori and Dick were seemingly meant to be. They even went through with a wedding until it was stopped by Raven. They broke up and ever since had a fraternizing relationship that never ended in a real relationship.

There was always hope for their love, that is until Titans #5 where Dick admits he doesnt love Kori anymore. She has been married twice before, but were arranged marriages and meant very little to her. Now in the New 52, she is currently involved with Roy Harper, although her past relationship with Dick Grayson is still intact, it is not known how serious the relationship was due to Starfire's unexplainable memory loss, and Dick Grayson having not mentioned Kori in the pages of Nightwing. The question is simple, who is Koriand'r's true love? Is it Dick Grayson, is Roy Harper taking the reigns? Or has Starfire yet to meet her true love?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

@wessaari: Wasn't it meantion in the pre52(I think with Animal Man) that her species only fall in love once?

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wessaari

@TheCrowbar: yes but im talking more along the lines of new 52. we dont know how Dick feels and we know that Kori cherishes her moments with Dick even though she cant remember exactly who she was with, (she may remember him according to RHTO #4). obviously her true love in old continuity was Dick but the question is for current continuity. Who could Kori possibly call her true love now?

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By KnightRise

I really don't like her being intimate with Roy. I mean, she smashed the homie! C'mon, Harper, thats bro code 101...one does not fornicate, frolick, or fiddle with a bro's ex-lover.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#5  Edited By Joygirl

Me. I know, I get around.

Vitacura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vitacura

New 52? Herself and Roy maybe, while she remembers him at least

Avatar image for thedarkestnight
    TheDarkestNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheDarkestNight

It's just me, but I think she still loves Dick.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wessaari

@TheDarkestNight: i believe if she sees him, there will be lots of drama

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Sinestro2828

I've always been a fan of the Kori/Grayson pairing, they're honestly better together than apart (I dunno why DC is so afraid of these two being together when so many fans support the pairing). Kori is great as her own character of course (the original version before the New 52 messed her up), but she and Grayson just make a fun couple that compliment each other well, definitely a more interesting pairing than Grayson hooking up with Babs or some other member of the Batman family (plus, Kori pretty much saves Dick from ending up lonely and miserable in his old age like Bruce is going to be XD, she saves him from the Batman family curse lol). However, if Kori DID find a new true love...I really hope it wouldn't be Roy Harper, especially not New 52 Roy Harper >_<

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sinestro2828

@wessaari: Hopefully if they meet again Grayson will pry her away from Todd and Harper XD (guess it depends on how exactly the two of them broke up...Dick can be quite an ass depending on who's writing him lol).

TheDarkestNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheDarkestNight

@Sinestro2828 said:

@wessaari: Hopefully if they meet again Grayson will pry her away from Todd and Harper XD (guess it depends on how exactly the two of them broke up...Dick can be quite an ass depending on who's writing him lol).

I think Lobdell once said that they'll probably meet at around issues 20+

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fodigg

I dunno. Old Starfire and new Starfire are so different personality wise. For old Starfire I would've been open to other suggestions, for new Starfire it seems like she's entirely defined by being hung up on Grayson.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By daredevil21134

Jason Todd of course

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By theTimeStreamer

she loves dick

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wessaari

@fodigg: i dont think thats the case. she even says that she cherishes the memories she had with Dick, but she cant live in the past. and in last month's RHTO she said she would never do anything to hurt her new friends. so at the moment Roy seems to have Kori all to himself. New 52 Starfire is just colder, even in old continuity she was betrayed, imprisoned, raped, experimented on and somehow kept a smile on her face. Kori now just realizes that shes had a troubled life, and even though its hypociritcal of her to be living in the past, it isnt that surprising with the life she has lived. she still looks for happiness, and can still be ditzy as hell.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@wessaari said:

In the past continuity, Kori and Dick were seemingly meant to be. They even went through with a wedding until it was stopped by Raven. They broke up and ever since had a fraternizing relationship that never ended in a real relationship.

There was always hope for their love, that is until Titans #5 where Dick admits he doesnt love Kori anymore. She has been married twice before, but were arranged marriages and meant very little to her. Now in the New 52, she is currently involved with Roy Harper, although her past relationship with Dick Grayson is still intact, it is not known how serious the relationship was due to Starfire's unexplainable memory loss, and Dick Grayson having not mentioned Kori in the pages of Nightwing. The question is simple, who is Koriand'r's true love? Is it Dick Grayson, is Roy Harper taking the reigns? Or has Starfire yet to meet her true love?

Is it just me but is Dick a Dick. Not pun intended. That was just heartless. Shame on you Dick Grayson.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Video_Martian

Dick Grayson

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Funrush

@Sinestro2828 said:

I've always been a fan of the Kori/Grayson pairing, they're honestly better together than apart (I dunno why DC is so afraid of these two being together when so many fans support the pairing). Kori is great as her own character of course (the original version before the New 52 messed her up), but she and Grayson just make a fun couple that compliment each other well, definitely a more interesting pairing than Grayson hooking up with Babs or some other member of the Batman family (plus, Kori pretty much saves Dick from ending up lonely and miserable in his old age like Bruce is going to be XD, she saves him from the Batman family curse lol). However, if Kori DID find a new true love...I really hope it wouldn't be Roy Harper, especially not New 52 Roy Harper >_<

This.

@TheDarkestNight said:

@Sinestro2828 said:

I think Lobdell once said that they'll probably meet at around issues 20+

When was that? Got a link?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preboot I would say Grayson. It's unfortunate that that became a focal point of how she was written. I think it's refreshing to see a take on her that's not all kinds of mopey every five seconds because he's not with her. She's her own strong independent lady, her life doesn't have to revolve around him. She may be with Roy in the New52, but I don't think there's enough evidence to really tell if he's her true love.

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sinestro2828

@divingfalcon713 said:

Preboot I would say Grayson. It's unfortunate that that became a focal point of how she was written. I think it's refreshing to see a take on her that's not all kinds of mopey every five seconds because he's not with her. She's her own strong independent lady, her life doesn't have to revolve around him. She may be with Roy in the New52, but I don't think there's enough evidence to really tell if he's her true love.

I could live with her moving on to someone else, but I don't like the new, cold Starfire (the one who honestly considered leaving her home-world at the mercy of an alien invasion out of spite towards her NOT evil sister...A DC universe with a benevolent Blackfire and a petty Starfire...Sigh...).

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Hazlenaut

No fairy tale ending for her although she is a princess with evil sister (formally), had planet nearly destroyed from zombies powered by jewelry, and She love with one that aided the dark knight. She now she is with archer. There has to more to add to this joke. Oh yeah she is friends with girl who has a demon father and a shape shifter. I feel I making a big set up missing a few more

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sinestro2828: The impression I got from that issue is not that she didn't want to save Tamaran because of Blackfire. To me she had a moment of insecurity because she was risking herself, her ship, and her friends to save everyone on her planet when not one Tamaranean lifted a finger to defend her from being sold away as a child. I absolutely believe she did the right thing by fighting for her people in the end, but her questioning why she had to defend them (and admitting that part of her didn't want to) after what happened to her was a very realistic thought, plus in the end she did fight for them.

TheDarkestNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheDarkestNight

@Funrush: I can't seem to find the interview, but I'm positive Lobdell said it.

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

Dick Grayson. No matter what I still can't picture Starfire and Roy together. I kinda stopped at issue 10 or 11 on RHTO so I haven't been up to date, but isn't Starfire and Roy just friends with "benefits"??? Have either one of them said that they like each other in the romantic way or not??? But other than that, I love Koriand'r with Grayson more than any pairing out there. My 2nd favorite pairing is Beast Boy and Raven. <3

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By wessaari

@BecauseISaidSo: well u missed it my friend, in issue 12 Depalo, a Dominator or something, pulls Kori aside and asks her why she is leading Roy on and that he is only destined for heartbreak. she then says she has no intention of hurting her friends, and that Roy has shown her kindness she hasnt seen from the people of Earth. (granted, she doesnt remember Dick and Dick could have broken her heart, like in old continuity)

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

@wessaari: Ah I don't think I picked up issue 12. Wait I thought in issue 6 she mentions that she does remember Grayson but doesn't remember him completely, and that he was the only one who treated her with such kindness. Or am I wrong???

Vitacura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vitacura

@wessaari said:

@BecauseISaidSo: well u missed it my friend, in issue 12 Depalo, a Dominator or something, pulls Kori aside and asks her why she is leading Roy on and that he is only destined for heartbreak. she then says she has no intention of hurting her friends, and that Roy has shown her kindness she hasnt seen from the people of Earth. (granted, she doesnt remember Dick and Dick could have broken her heart, like in old continuity)

That says wonders of Jason and her relationship with him.

I think Starfire is the worst written character of all the new 52 I’m reading. She contradicts herself, she lies to herself, the whole memory thing is very of putting and sort of confusing.

I do think is funny that Lobdell made a big deal about the character no being defined by her relationship with other character, and that he wanted that Starfire be defined by herself but he was very quick to give her a boyfriend.

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

@Vitacura: There's a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense. Like how is it that Starfire remembers her space galaxy crew (that we have never heard of till now) but the Teen Titans??? Or how she obtained Nightwing's outfit??? And why doesn't she remember Roy??? To be honest I don't know whose worse, Starfire or Roy. They are just both horrible. But then again this is Lobdell we're talking about. Lobdell thinks of her as a justified woman who stands for what she believes in, and I think of her...dare I say it...as a cold heartless...whore. After the whole story with her and Blackfire I just stopped completely.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#29  Edited By Black_Claw

Definitely Dick Grayson. I don't know why DC seems to hate the idea of them staying together. They are by far by favorite couple in the entire DCU.

darth_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By darth_jones

@wessaari said:

Oh god. This page. My heart is breaking and I may actually cry. I think Dick and Barbara should end up together, but I did always like his relationship with Starfire too. Oh my god you can feel the heartbreak. Poor Kory :(

Such a loving and warm hearted girl, i miss her. But I think Kory does need to find a man besides Dick since he has Babs. I like the idea of Starfire/Roy in theory but only as a temporary thing. I could see Starfire with Capt Comet or a Space-themed superhero.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#31  Edited By Teerack

Roy <3 Kori.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sethysquare

Dick is being a dick.

I like Kory and Roy.

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

@darth_jones: Technically he doesn't have Barbara. With the new 52 it says that Babs has a crush on him but doesn't tell him it because he is sleeping with a childhood friend who turns out to be a villain that wants him dead or something like that. I don't really know what's going on with Grayson, but you can find out in Nightwing. I also never liked that Titans comic since everything was horrible and they kept replacing writers. If you think that's said you should read Titans Blackest Night with an old teammate of theirs making Cyborg and Starfire dream of their fantasy, Cyborg wanted to be human again while Starfire wanted to have a complete marriage with Grayson.

War07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By War07

DICK GRAYSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vitacura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vitacura

@sethysquare: How is Dick being a dick?

It doesn't matter anymore. She is boundless in her capacity of love friends and foes.... and damn if that doesn't sound like an euphemism.

Avatar image for koriandr_dick_grayson
    Koriandr_Dick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the only reasons why i like Dick/kori is because i think their relationship is very unique. Falling in love with an alien. Dick being with Babs is totally predictable but i like that dick fell in love with starfire. In a review i read, they said they broke up dick and kori so dick can go be with batman or something... they put starfire in to show dick can open up to someone. I really love DICK AND KORI together. I hope dc sets their mind straight and put them back together.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#37  Edited By Joygirl

@Joygirl said:

Me. I know, I get around.

Still true.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By comicace3

Kori... will never meet her true love....

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sethysquare

i think her greatest love was dick but arsenal is who makes her happy but jason is the one she should be with.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JasonTodd13

This isnt even a competition, her true love is Dick, it always has been, always will be.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By wessaari

@sethysquare: eh idk, i think a Kori/Jason relationship will definitely drive NW over the edge, but for the title of RHTO i think Lobdell made the right move with Kori/Roy. if it was just Kori and Jason, Roy would be the third wheel, but the dynamic now is that the two love birds follow Jason around, both for reasons of frienship and past experiences i.e issue 6 of RHto. Although, Kori/Dick is one of my favorite relationships, and im sad to see it go, i am glad to know that Kori is happy

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13: Well we are also talking in New 52 terms, and i know we have gone down that road before, but for the sake of the discussion just hear me out. Kori has a memory problem, and either hides it because she doesnt wanna talk about it, something happened to her that made her forget, or Tamaraneans actually see all things earth as sights and smells like Jason said. But Kori still remembers Dick's name, as in issue 4 when she had temprarily lost her powers, she was whimpering for Richard. That is one of the saddest scenes of the title, and along with issue 6 this proves that Dick was a huge part of her life and she still remembers him to an extent. That is very significant all things considered. But for the moment, she hasnt seen him in a few years, and is still having trouble remembering him, but as in issue 6, Kori lives for the moment. And Roy is proving to be a significant person in her life right now and is making her happy, but Dick will always remain as a very tender person to Kori's heart. Does this mean that Roy is Kori's true love, well that remains to be seen, but nonetheless if Kori sees Dick again, there are going to definitely be emotions in the air.

P.S. I have to mention that in the Nightwing title, Dick has never made anything close to a mention of Kori, so either he had his heart broken, or he did some heart breaking, something happened between the two

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JasonTodd13

@wessaari: well there is no other perfect match for starfire other than dick, i mean roy is not really suited for starfire, i think its wrong that roy is poaching his former friends girl, more to the point roy has nothing in common with kori.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13 said:

@wessaari: well there is no other perfect match for starfire other than dick, i mean roy is not really suited for starfire, i think its wrong that roy is poaching his former friends girl, more to the point roy has nothing in common with kori.

Well lets look at that. Kori and Roy, as well as Jason, have all had some tragedy befall their lives. They all suffered, and they all cope with their problems in different ways. Roy is a real smart dude, and in the pages of RHTO they have mentioned how much Kori likes that, even if he does come off as dopey. Im not saying they are perfect for each other, but they are a good together in the sense that they make each other happy, despite their differences. Now i completely agree that Roy has broken some sort of Bro Code here, because him and Dick were friends even in the New 52. Which is why whenever Dick finds out about the two, there will be some drama.

Dick and Kori were a real ideal couple, but they did break up numerous times and i think Dick is to blame for that. he wasn't ready for eternal commitment where Kori was. That scene where Dick says he doesnt love her is very heartbreaking because it cements the fact that they wouldnt be together (in pre New 52 terms). But we dont know the whole story with their relationship in the new 52, Kori does think very highly of him and obviously cherished him, but Dick hasnt mentioned her. that isnt necessarily bad because he has his own things to do but he has had a new love interest and has referenced Barbara as one of his first crushes. but again, nothing about Kori. if they are truly destined for each other, Dick needs to learn to commit himself.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JasonTodd13

@wessaari: I just dont see roy and starfire as a couple. All i have known is the starfire and dick relationship, well nothing to say that the dick and kori relationship is over, i just prefer that dick is starfire's true love thats all.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13: honestly, i would love that. but Dick and babs is also another relationship that i love. its just sad the way things ended between Dick and Kori.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JasonTodd13

@wessaari: yeah, i know about babs as well, its hard to choose between and babs and kori in the choice of who should be with him.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By End_Boss

My friends and I refer to Starfire as "the vagina with legs."

Because she will sleep with anything and anyone.

Seriously.

I don't think us silly humans matter enough for her to truly "love" one of us (though apparently there's something she loves about all of us... Well, about half of us, anyway).

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By PowerHerc

Some alien on her home planet.

Avatar image for daboyfromsaturn
    daboyfromsaturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By daboyfromsaturn

I dont really know if it should be Dick, definitely not Roy he's a dick. You gotta remember that Dick had a relationship with Barbara Gordon maybe after reboot they're still in love.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.