Kori and Roy--Yay or Nay??

#1 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like these two together. I know they have some of the detractors and I know how some people don't like how Kori's past relationship with Dick has been swept aside, but I think these two are actually quite a good couple. In the first issue they slept together and ever since then there has been flirty comments here and there but it wasn't until last issue that solidified the fact that these two redheads were in some sort of relationship.

So, what does everyone else think of these two?

#2 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

It's too weird, in my opinion. I like the new Starfire, but I don't like the idea of her being with Roy.

#3 Posted by AcePace (11 posts) - - Show Bio

yay I guess

#4 Posted by LightningTiger2190 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!... Only because i want to see Dick hand out an a** beating to Roy for the hell of it.

#5 Posted by Onemoreposter (4075 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh. Just, eh.

#6 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason I just can't really get on board with it.

#7 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12064 posts) - - Show Bio

NAY. I like her with Dick. (LOL, no pun intended).

#8 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

My immaturity comes in at around this time.

#9 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12064 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

My immaturity comes in at around this time.

Haha, I don't blame you.

#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (12157 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah,I rather her hook up with Jason

#11 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its ok for now. I dont really see Jason as a one sexy-alien-woman kind of guy. Besides I'm pretty sure they have already had a relationship or tried to judging from the first issue.

#12 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always been a fan of Starfire and Dick. What I think we really need is a reunion between Starfire and Dick, that'd be a buy for me.

#13 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

I do quite like them.

#14 Posted by divingfalcon713 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

For now I'm interested to see where things will go with them. It is weird seeing her with someone who isn't Nightwing, but I'd rather see her taken in a different direction than continue to base a lot of her existence off of him

#15 Posted by wessaari (630 posts) - - Show Bio

@FrankenKong: ya but if you read issue 6, ud know they really didnt do anything they just have a close friendship, nothing physical. even though kori kissed him she did it as a way of sharing knowledge but they ended up talking instead

#16 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@wessaari said:

@FrankenKong: ya but if you read issue 6, ud know they really didnt do anything they just have a close friendship, nothing physical. even though kori kissed him she did it as a way of sharing knowledge but they ended up talking instead

I think they had a short physical relationship.

#17 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

yay

#18 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

I've always been a fan of Starfire and Dick. What I think we really need is a reunion between Starfire and Dick, that'd be a buy for me.

Agreed, they were an awesome couple & the manner in which they broke up was just terrible. They're better off together (DC seems rather clueless for not realizing the buzz they could make from bringing Starfire & Dick back together, possibly even the old New Teen Titans roster given the popularity of the animated series), or at the very least pair Kory with someone who didn't sink so low that even Killer Croc couldn't bring himself to kill him >_<

#19 Posted by Inverno (13315 posts) - - Show Bio

NAY THEE I SAY

#20 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

I am only against Star & DIck because I think the Bat-verse really should be seperate from the rest of the DCU, with no aliens /magic /etc. like in the Nolan movies.

But then again, so should the Arrow-verse.

Anyway, I dont mind Arsenal-Star because Dic can get with Barbara still. I never liked Roy with that villianess that he knocked up. I dont like it when villians get "reformed". Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Emma Frost, Cheshire, Harley, they are villians. So, as long as Roy stays away from Cheshire,

#21 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@COBRAMORPH:Cheshire never really reformed tho. For the most part the only really good thing she did was realize that Roy was better for their Daughter and agreed to let him take care of her and kinda stay out of the way.

Anyway, I don't really like Roy with Kory. Especially this version of Roy who seems a little to broken than the last versions we had of Roy before "Rise of Arsenal" Kory ends up with too many "playboy" types she needs to find some guy in the DCU who doesn't have a long line of women before and after her.

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (38139 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all for it at this point.

#23 Edited by ZenTzen (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Nay, the whole idea of her with Roy is retarded, at least for me, its one of the reasons i still cant get into RHaTO, the other is because i'm a DickxKori fan

#24 Posted by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay, I don't see why not even tough I'll always be a Dick and Kory fan.

#25 Edited by Delphic (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

At first, I didn't like it, but "holy freaking bat-crap!" has my opinion changed, and so have the characters. I don't think there's a single person out there, who reads this comic, that expected Roy and Starfire to turn out as awesome as they have. Kori is now a really awesome female character, and she actually kicks a lot of...you know what. Roy is still a smart aleck, and quite honestly a bit of an idiot, but he pulls it off so well, and in what I've read, it seems that he genuinely cares about Kori and treats her well. This is a couple that I honestly could see staying together.

So I definitely say Yay.

#26 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Kori is the dominant one in the relationship, and I like it.

#27 Posted by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

i at the begining it bugged me but im starting to like roy and they seem like a good fit to me

#28 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not reading RHATO, I just check a couple of issues once in a while and from what I read... Starfire is growing into a much better character now...and the way Roy treats her fits that change. He's fun and gentle, while she's more tough, though still sweet in her own way.

It was a couple I wasn't expecting, but when you see them together, it makes perfect sense. So...yeah, I approve it.

#29 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

thank you i want her with jason because it will piss of nightwing

#30 Posted by Teerack (7163 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like it. I think it be great to see Jade join the outlaws and be super jealous.

#31 Posted by God_Spawn (38139 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

I really like it. I think it be great to see Jade join the outlaws and be super jealous.

That would be kind of funny.

#32 Posted by TheDarkestNight (88 posts) - - Show Bio

They're cool and all, but I would very much prefer her with Dick.

#33 Posted by Loki9876 (3051 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, why not

#34 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its been a really cute couple so far, they've had some nice moments. She's sarcastic to him but it comes off really well with Lobdell's writing. At this point i'd be sad to see them break up.

#35 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Nay. I don't like them together.

#36 Edited by Lapsus (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I never be a fan of the "Arrow-verse", so Nay.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.