Follow

Starfire

Character » Starfire appears in 2171 issues.

Formerly warrior Princess Koriand'r of the now-destroyed planet Tamaran, Starfire found a new home on Earth and a new family in the Teen Titans. She was once romantically involved with Dick Grayson, and often dealt with hostilities from her older sister Blackfire. Starfire has also served with many other teams such as the Outsiders, Justice League, R.E.B.E.L.S. and Jason Todd's Outlaws.

How strong is Starfire?

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sinestro2828

I've been wondering, just how powerful is Starfire anyway?  I mean, I've heard that she's stronger than Wondergirl and Donna Troy (who rank in the lower 100s power class) but how does she stack up against Wonderwoman, Supergirl, Powergirl, Martian Manhunter, Superman, etc, etc?  I mean, is she right up there with them in terms of strength, raw power, and invulnerability or less so?  Could a battle between her and any of these powerhouses I've mentioned go either way or would she win/lose every time?

I adore Starfire as one of my fave Lady Titans but I've become curious about her exact power levels and how she compares to other badass powerhouse heroes and heroines in the DC universe.

HulkisAwsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HulkisAwsome

she isnt a powerhouse.

but she does have overwhelming powers, in the original comics, she was merged into an amazing hero.

shit.. from a marvel comic readers perspective?

-- she is stronger then most norm super heroes. :\ hope this somewhat answers your question.

Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jetshade

Good question. Unlike most superheroes, Starfire's strength limit has never been quantified (i.e. can lift X-number of tons) by any official source that I can determine. Believe me, I've checked around. The only quantification I've seen is "has the strength of eight men," which is pretty lame by superhero standards. But that quote appeared very early in her history and I think it's safe to say she is actually far stronger than that. 

Starfire was always shown to be stronger than Wonder Girl (Donna Troy) when they sparred as Titans teammates. The problem is that Donna's strength level was not quantified back then either. Donna's origin has since been retconned into being a magical duplicate of Wonder Woman (Diana), so she's gotten stronger. Donna's strength is now in the low class-100 level, so she can lift around 100 tons under normal conditions. I think it's safe to say that Starfire is roughly on the same level. If she absorbed a vast amount of solar energy, she could temporarily become stronger than that. She could also temporarily become stronger if she flew into a berserker rage, which she has been known to do. So I'd say Starfire is a low class-100 strength character, with potential variables. A step below Wonder Woman and the Kryptonians, but still plenty strong. Anyway, that's my best answer. Hope it helps.  

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sinestro2828
    @Jetshade:   Yep, you've been very helpful, thanks for the info!  Hopefully we'll get to see Star go up against a strong opponent someday that will give us a better idea of her power levels, but what you've told me gives me some idea at least (she's still my fave though, totally kickass)

BTW, do you know the title of the storyline where she goes off into space and fights evil alongside Animal Man and Adam Strange for a while?  She apparently had this big time adventure away from the Titans but I have no idea if its in a hardcover or trade paperback format yet, or what title she appeared in.
    Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jetshade
    @Sinestro2828:  Glad to be of help. The storyline you are referring to appeared in the 52 title. It may have since been collected into trades. 
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By Zoom

Recent issues of Titans have shown Kory to still be stronger than Donna.
    Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jetshade
    @Zoom: I figured that was the case, but thanks for the confirmation. So Starfire is just above Donna's low class-100 strength level. 
    Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sinestro2828
    @Zoom:   Thanks for the info Zoom!  Which issues were these? 
    Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sinestro2828
    @Jetshade:    I wonder if such strength is common to all Tamaraneans or if Starfire's strength and durability is also due to the Psion's experiments on her, just as her starbolts were (though i believe the power of unaided flight through space is common to everyone of her race except for those like Blackfire who suffered from a rare childhood disease).
    justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By justice teen

i always thought donna was stronger seeing as how she a magical copy of diana, and when she was reborn as the titan of the moon her power were greatly increase proof of this is shown when she fought her sister and gave her a very hard time
    QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By QuasarPrime

I always thought Donna Troy was slightly stronger than Starfire back in the early days of the Titans. Is this not so? Donna's strength has continually increased over the years, and now, as a magical duplicate of Wonder Woman, should be just as strong as Diana. Even when empowered by solar energy, I didn't think Kory's strength ever ventured anywhere near those levels. Has she ever fought Supergirl, Power Girl or Mary Marvel?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By PowerHerc

Things have changed a lot for Donna since the early "New Teen Titans" days.

While Donna is now easily in the low end of what would be the Class100, it's my opinion that Kory1 would probably be Class 25 at normal level and Class 50, at most, when amped by solar energy. Kory doesn't have any feats that would suggest of imply that she is now on the same level with Donna, let alone WW, PG, Supergirl or Mary Marvel.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LordOfFate

@PowerHerc said:

Things have changed a lot for Donna since the early "New Teen Titans" days.

While Donna is now easily in the low end of what would be the Class100, it's my opinion that Kory1 would probably be Class 25 at normal level and Class 50, at most, when amped by solar energy. Kory doesn't have any feats that would suggest of imply that she is now on the same level with Donna, let alone WW, PG, Supergirl or Mary Marvel.

True. Kory was said to be a better fighter then Donna but its never been said she was stronger. Like Diana, Donna can adjust her strength when fighting....meaning when she sparred with Kory she didn't fight at full strength. At best Kory is 25 tons, which is not that bad giving her overall abilities.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will wish someone would correct that Kory is over 100 tons nonsense on her bio page.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That interesting. How strong is Donna now a days?

@zoom said:
    Recent issues of Titans have shown Kory to still be stronger than Donna.

Ninjaboss123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comicbookfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By comicbookfan24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJfi701beuo&t=83s watch from 0:49 to 0:57 and you will have your answer

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
    phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she can hold her own against WW (she'd manage to do something), she'd still lose, but being able to do hold yourself for a while against WW is great (considering WW is in a passive mood)...

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Glaucus

@phoenixdiamond616:

In the DC Animated movie, Justice League vs Teen Titans.

She fought a demonic possessed Wonder Woman, and she lost.

She flew into Wonder Woman and pushed her in a building.

They were in there for a little while and then Starfire was flying out of the window from a super knockout by Wonder Woman.

They never showed the actual fight inside the building, but I can imagine that Starfire did all she could against Wonder Woman to no avail.

gmorto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Honestly, I don't know, the creators of the new teen titans comic says she has the strength of eight men. But she is obviously way stronger than that. Personally I think she is in between the 50-100 ton strength range.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.