DC comics: Bad at math

#2 Posted by Billy Batson (57802 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw this before. Made me lol.
BB

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24708 posts) - - Show Bio

@labarith: so you're saying that DC is going to lose 2 million readers because they changed Starfire?

#4 Posted by JediXMan (29696 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to say that Starfire has always been a bit... open about her sexuality. It's just that she was more naive about it before.

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna lie, the version from the cartoon is one I grew to like, back when I had no idea about her comic counterpart...

#6 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
lol
#7 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

give the character a chance character growth

#8 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see more of Lucy's adventures...

#9 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

True...

#10 Posted by kashif1 (40 posts) - - Show Bio

true, I'm one of those people.  Hell I'm only picking up the comic because I like the cartoon even though they'll have nothing to do with each other

#11 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4220 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol.

#12 Posted by kashif1 (40 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

@labarith: so you're saying that DC is going to lose 2 million readers because they changed Starfire?

no, hes saying that any readers who pick this up because they loved the show will dislike how sexualized she is, complain about, be told to read teen titans go!, buy it used and never touch a currently running titans series.
#13 Posted by noj (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know about this argument, I loved the show when it was on but that version of Starfire was nothing like her comic book counterpart in the first place, at least from what Ive read of her.

#14 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Saw this before. Made me lol.
BB

There's a thread called "Red hood and the outlaws webcomic"

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24708 posts) - - Show Bio

@kashif1: well considering the fact that the Titans from the show were vastly different from those of the regular universe at the time so they probably wouldn't have liked it even if the reboot hadn't happened

#16 Posted by kashif1 (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@kashif1: well considering the fact that the Titans from the show were vastly different from those of the regular universe at the time so they probably wouldn't have liked it even if the reboot hadn't happened

Right but now that the reboot has happened dc had a chance to make the comic similar to the tvshow or to restart teen titans go as one of their titles, they did neither.

#17 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@kashif1:  Making Teen Titans Go! Part of the new 52 would be an awkward idea. Taking beloved aspects of TTG and using them is a different story
#18 Posted by kashif1 (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@kashif1: Making Teen Titans Go! Part of the new 52 would be an awkward idea. Taking beloved aspects of TTG and using them is a different story

Alright maybe not as part of the new 52 but it would be nice if there were more than 6 issues in the digital comics store and it would be nice if the series as a whole was still running.

#19 Posted by joshmightbe (24708 posts) - - Show Bio

@kashif1: yea cause making a comic version of a show thats been off the air for 2 years longer than it ran should've been on the top of their to do list

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.