Anakin vs Obi-wan vs Count Dooku

Posted by Kingshark (172 posts) - - Show Bio

OK, so this has been bugging me for a long time now.

In both Episode 2 and 3 - Anakin and Obi-wan take on Count Dooku. On both occasional, Obi-wan was beaten by Tyranus. One could dismiss their first encounter and argue Kenobi didn't reach his full prime until episode 3, but there's no denying that Dooku beat him.

Then, it the same combat in episode 3, Anakin fights, defeats and kills Dooku. Proving that even before Anakin turned to the darkside he was already stronger than Palpatine's previous apprentice. Him turning to the darkside becoming Darth Vader only made him stronger, apparently.

So, in the climax of Revenge of the Sith - Obi Wan and Anakin, now Darth Vader, battle it out on the Mustafar. Based on the first two encounters, I would have had no second thoughts about Vader winning. But no, Obi beat him. Why?

I thought this would be some sort of rock - paper - scissors scenario. Anakin/Vader is rock, Dooku is scissors, and Obi-wan is paper ~ If that makes any sense.

Post your thoughts...

#1 Posted by Squalleon (4626 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingshark: This annoys me too!How can obi wan be on par with Vader and then lose to Count Dooku???

I think Episode III Obi Wan is stronger than Dooku..based on his fight with Vader!

He only lost because Anakin had to turn on the dark side

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.