Follow

Star Wars Rebels

Series »

An animated series set during the early days of the Rebel Alliance.

Star Wars: Rebels--Seven Minute First Look

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

An exclusive sneak peek for Star Wars: Rebels debuted tonight after Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars on Disney XD.

No Caption Provided

What is Star Wars: Rebels?

Star Wars Rebels continues the epic tradition of the legendary Star Wars saga with all-new exciting, action-packed adventures. It is a dark time in the galaxy, as the evil Galactic Empire tightens its grip of power from world to world. As the series begins, Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet, ruling with an iron fist and ruining the lives of its people. The clever and motley crew of the starship Ghost is amongst a select few who are brave enough to stand against the Empire. Together, this ragtag group will face threatening new villains, encounter colorful adversaries, embark on thrilling adventures and become heroes with the power to ignite a rebellion.

Scheduled to premiere this October as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, it will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the world.

If you missed the preview, check it out here:

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

I liked that they're trying to capture the same feel of the original movies. That whole chase seen reminded me of the scene from RotJ. Is it me though, or did it feel a little too quiet during that whole chase. Felt like it would have felt more dramatic with some action music or something.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I'm already falling in love with these characters. And from a visual standpoint it looks way better than that 3D garbage DC has been putting out. Don't really watch much all-ages programming these days, but I might give this a shot.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow, I am actually excited for something related to Star Wars. I totally did not see this coming. I will be tuning into this with my 6 year old, for sure.

IronAngelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Hoping that this is as exciting and fun for me as The Clone Wars was. I have high hopes though and I like that they're completely new characters unfamiliar to even the most die hard Star Wars fans. I'll be grabbing the prequel novel as well.

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm ... pretty sure I heard Freddie Prinze Jr.'s voice in there. Love that guy.

Those new Imperial helmets look super cool. Almost like samurai troopers.

The sound of TIE fighters alone is enough to make me watch this show. :)

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I'm ... pretty sure I heard Freddie Prinze Jr.'s voice in there. Love that guy.

Those new Imperial helmets look super cool. Almost like samurai troopers.

The sound of TIE fighters alone is enough to make me watch this show. :)

You did, he voices Kanan Jarrus

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ok, I don't expect it to be as good as Clone Wars, it looks too Disney but I hope it is entertaining and watchable unlike the other shows in Disney channel.
    But ugh, this is so Disney looking, you have the young protagonists for kids to relate too(who has a sling for a weapon...a lazer SLING), the female love interest, which is hip and cool and does graffiti, yeah, we are modern,yeah and a bot that doesn't make sense to be grumpy! To complete the set we get a bunch of funny looking aliens, because the kids must buy the toys.
    Now don't get me wrong, its not that I won't give it a chance, but the series is soooo Disney, I am certain we will see many things dumped down.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Also am I the only one tho thinks of Aladdin when he sees the protagonist of Rebels.

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
    comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Even the setting looked like a futuristic Aladin lol

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
    comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I honestly didn't get any Starwars feel watching this. :/
    I got a more typical Disney action show feeling out of watching that. and as someone pointed out the beggining felt TOO MUCH like ALADDIN.
    Also is it just me or does the animation look a big step down from Clone Wars?

The positive is the voice acting is pretty good, i'll give it that much but the script was way out of place for something i'd see or hear in a starwars setting.

If this is the amount of care they are showing for the Starwars universe and if this is what to expect from here on out then i fear for the upcoming Starwars VII movie as well as the other cannon media they are forcing down our throats.
    And that is the scary part is everything we just saw in this 7 minute clip is now CANNON with the Starwars movie-verse.

Sorry if im being to nitpicky or negative about this but I feel as a huge starwars fan i need to be critical when needed because I love StarWars and I want it to be good.

nrgb2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Greatest thing about this was when Ezra senses Kanan. Wow. Goosebumps! So excited for this show! It has so much going for it! Dave Filoni and co. from The Clone Wars, plus Greg Weisman, and Simon Kinberg too! This series has so much potential, I'm ready to see it live up to it.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Looks decent enough

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#13  Edited By Black_Claw

@squalleon: Who knows? Maybe he's a descendent of Aladdin. Lol.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By reactor

My greatest fear was that this would be more censored than the Clone Wars, but with all the grenades literally blowing up in peoples faces, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hungry_Sharky

Aladdin in space has not left a good first impression.

Seriously these characters are boring as hell.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Piqued my interest.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

I liked that they're trying to capture the same feel of the original movies. That whole chase seen reminded me of the scene from RotJ. Is it me though, or did it feel a little too quiet during that whole chase. Felt like it would have felt more dramatic with some action music or something.

I noticed that too! I was wondering if it was my computer or something

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@hungry_sharky: 7 minutes in a scene with a lot of action and you claim the characters are boring as hell. Sounds like a comment from someone who's just looking for any reason to hate this show.

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drellassassin: I honestly think that these characters seem extremely cliche and boring. If you don't then we simply have differing opinions. No reason to get your panties in a bunch.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By reactor

@hungry_sharky said:

@drellassassin: I honestly think that these characters seem extremely cliche and boring. If you don't then we simply have differing opinions. No reason to get your panties in a bunch.

I think he's getting at the fact we really don't know anything about any of the characters. Hence, they cannot be boring/cliche as we don't have enough information. If the show's just flat-out not in your tastes, that's another matter tho, nothing wrong with that

LuisEscobar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also am I the only one tho thinks of Aladdin when he sees the protagonist of Rebels.

Nope, I do too. I wish he wasn't so generic looking.

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: From the knowledge I've gained thus far, and through using my better judgement, I have come to the conclusion that these characters SEEM generic and boring.

And you can reflect what their personalities are like just from this extended preview, it's sort of obvious actually.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: From the knowledge I've gained thus far, and through using my better judgement, I have come to the conclusion that these characters SEEM generic and boring.

And you can reflect what their personalities are like just from this extended preview, it's sort of obvious actually.

I can see that the kid is a thief and seems to be fun loving, and that the alien seems grouchy. That's about it on my end, tho, from what I just saw. In the end, different strokes for different folks.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy, this looks even worse than The Clone Wars. I'll give it a shot because it's Star Wars but... yeah.

Is it me though, or did it feel a little too quiet during that whole chase. Felt like it would have felt more dramatic with some action music or something.

To be fair the chase scene in Jedi didn't have any music either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only saw one thing that I really liked in this. It was at 3:09.

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I love how they played the Imperial March slowly when the Star Destroyer entered. And hey, Steve Blum is in this show!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@war_killer said:

Is it me though, or did it feel a little too quiet during that whole chase. Felt like it would have felt more dramatic with some action music or something.

To be fair the chase scene in Jedi didn't have any music either.

True, and I'm not saying the scene is bad or anything...it just felt like something was missing.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SpitfirePanda

Looks good! Can't wait to check this series out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.