Follow

Star Wars Rebels

Series »

An animated series set during the early days of the Rebel Alliance.

Sarah Michelle Gellar Joins 'Star Wars Rebels' Season 2 Cast

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The season finale of Star Wars Rebels happened this week. Did you catch it? Aside from an appearance by Darth Vader, it turns out another character made an appearance. You may have heard as many are already spoiling it.

It's just been announced that Sarah Michelle Gellar will be joining the cast. Read more below. We'll hide the spoiler.

No Caption Provided

In the hours after the "Star Wars Rebels" season finale aired on Disney XD, its executive producer/supervising director Dave Filoni revealed that actress Sarah Michelle Gellar ("The Crazy Ones," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") will join the voice cast in a recurring role for season two of the animated series. Filoni discussed the casting news with advertising clients convened at Lucasfilm's San Francisco headquarters for Disney Media Sales and Marketing's presentations.

Filoni said, "We’re thrilled to have Sarah Michelle Gellar on board for season two. She is a true 'Star Wars Rebels' fan and her passion undoubtedly comes through in the voice recording sessions."

Sarah Michelle Gellar will join the talented voice cast that includes her husband Freddie Prinze Jr., Vanessa Marshall, Steve Blum, Tiya Sircar, Taylor Gray and David Oyelowo.

The popular "Star Wars Rebels" series has reached over 49 million Total Viewers, 5.6 million Boys 6-11 and 10.9 million Kids 6-11. Its season finale revealed the identity of Fulcrum to be Ahsoka Tano. The storyline will continue into season two.

Continuing the epic tradition of the legendary Star Wars saga, "Star Wars Rebels" unfolds between the events of Star Wars Episodes III and IV and tells the story of the motley but clever crew of the starship Ghost who together face threatening new villains, encounter colorful adversaries and embark on thrilling adventures. In its second season, "Star Wars Rebels" will feature recurring appearances by fan-favorite characters including Darth Vader and Ahsoka Tano.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Nepotism!

lol Nah, she'll be great and I can't wait for season two!

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Now I REALLY need to catch up on this show. Sarah Michelle Geller is one of the best actresses around. I can't wait to see what she brings to a voice role.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Guess she's gotta get work somewhere... :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God dammit, now I have to watch this show.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Man, Rebels has been awesome and I can't wait to see what Season Two brings to the table. I know some fans have felt that this season had too many guest appearances and even I felt that some of the episodes felt too stand-alone, but the last few episodes of this season really built up to a much bigger story and gives us a glimpse of a much bigger rebellion that is spreading across the galaxy and ultimately into what we see in A New Hope.

With the crew of the Ghost learning that they are just one cell of a much larger group of rebels, I'm hoping we'll begin to see the formation of what will eventually become the Rebel Alliance we come to know in the Origin Trilogy.

Also I was glad to see them introduce Ahsoka at the end of this season. Seeing another Jedi working alongside both Kanan and Ezra should be interesting and I hope it will give Kanan a little hope knowing that the Jedi Order isn't completely gone, but that there are still Jedi out there fighting against the Empire.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Cool for her. Still doesn't make me want to watch it, but cool for her.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecannon: Hey, she can't fix your having no taste. :P

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Awesome!

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Sweet.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

It'll be great to hear her unbelievably sexy voice in the Star Wars mythos

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be great to hear her unbelievably sexy voice in the Star Wars mythos

No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13 dernman  Online

Was anyone really surprised that Ahsoka was the going to be introduced or be that hooded figure?

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By frozenedge2

Awesome. I'm definitely glad my doubts of this show were proven wrong. I'm looking forward to season two even more now

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so husband and wife are working together can't wait for more rebels

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's awesome for fans of the Clone Wars television series. Rebels has been really entertaining, I wish it were more and felt less risky but it's solid. Can't wait for season 2.

MrGutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow talking about pulling data out of the air. So they point out the boys and not the 5.3 million girls ( are they girls ) ? I don't even know why they split it out that way, other than to show the 6-11 year olds are less than quarter of the viewership. By the way they have NO IDEA how to identify who is watching the show.

They are data guessing and before you say it, not even Nielsen has the power.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

so is she voicing the spoiler character?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

Guess I gotta watch the show now...

And it's nice seeing her working, the only Buffy cast member with a steady paycheck right now is David Boreanez.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Adult Ahsoka was so pretty!

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By GalacticFork

@mrgutts said:

Wow talking about pulling data out of the air. So they point out the boys and not the 5.3 million girls ( are they girls ) ? I don't even know why they split it out that way, other than to show the 6-11 year olds are less than quarter of the viewership. By the way they have NO IDEA how to identify who is watching the show.

They are data guessing and before you say it, not even Nielsen has the power.

I agree about how they worded it, they could have specified it was 10.9 million 6-11 year olds, with an almost even 50 50 split between girls and boys (a 48.6\51.4 is close enough). But Nielson is pretty detailed about the people they get the ratings. Most houses have multiple tvs in different rooms, and they can use numbers of the children watching shows in their own room and mathify it up to a reasonable number.

They really go all out... here is a link with a basic description of how they get their numbers:

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/solutions/measurement/television.html

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Was anyone really surprised that Ahsoka was the going to be introduced or be that hooded figure?

I wasn't at all. Some time to analytical for my own good :(

QuickStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By QuickStyles

Disney Offices are getting into the spirit of Star Wars Rebels new seasons!! Touching up on our lightsaber techniques. More in office clips to come and Storm Tropper interactions to come!!

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.