Follow

Star Wars Rebels

Series »

An animated series set during the early days of the Rebel Alliance.

Disney Releases a Slew of Star Wars: Rebels Toys

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Disney Consumer Products has unveiled an intergalactic assortment of products celebrating the release of Star Wars Rebels, the new Disney XD animated television series which debuts October 3rd on Disney Channel and continues on Disney XD starting October 13th. With all new exciting adventures and memorable new characters, Star Wars Rebels will introduce a new generation of fans to the Star Wars galaxy, inspiring new lines of figures, spaceships and lightsabers, apparel and accessories, home décor, books and more from best-in-class licensees including Hasbro, LEGO, Mad Engine, Rubies and Jay Franco.

"Star Wars Rebels extends the franchise's legendary storytelling while refreshing nostalgic play patterns with a new audience," said Josh Silverman, executive vice president of global licensing, Disney Consumer Products. "With updated classics like multi-functional lightsabers and buildable spacecraft, kids will be able to recreate the epic galactic space fantasy that has been shared by multiple generations."

Star Wars Rebels is also supported by Disney Publishing Worldwide with a new book program and series of interactive mobile apps from Disney Lucasfilm Press which expand upon the Star Wars Rebels series. The first wave of Star Wars Rebels books includes Star Wars Rebels: A New Hero by Pablo Hidalgo, an action-packed picture book that uses dynamic concept art from the show, and Star Wars Rebels: Servants of the Empire, an original chapter book series written by Jason Fry. Star Wars Journeys, an episodic series of apps from Disney Publishing, will be updated this October to include the stories that lead up to the action-packed adventures in Star Wars Rebels. In early 2015, Star Wars Scene Maker: Rebels will launch to feature the locations and characters from the series, giving fans an unrivaled user-generated storytelling experience that allows them to re-imagine and re-create scenes from Star Wars Rebels.

In addition to the collection of Star Wars Rebels products available at Disney Store locations nationwide, www.DisneyStore.com will feature a "Create Your Own" tab that allows fans to personalize a variety of items from tech accessories and school supplies to apparel and party invitations that feature their favorite characters from Star Wars Rebels.

Star Wars Rebels is set between the events of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith andStar Wars Episode VI: A New Hope. It is a dark time in the galaxy. The evil Galactic Empire has tightened its grip on the star systems and the noble Jedi Knights are nearly extinct. Star Wars Rebels follows the brave and clever ragtag crew of the starship Ghost — street-smart hero Ezra, cowboy Jedi Kanan, ace pilot Hera, Zeb, the muscle, explosives artist Sabine, and Chopper, the grumpy astromech droid -- who embark on thrilling adventures and become heroes with the power to ignite a rebellion.

Action Figures & Role-Play:

Star Wars RebelsAction Figures by Hasbro (MSRP: $5.99-9.99):

Team up characters or pit them against each other with these awesome action figures, featuring heroes and villains from the new animated series, Star Wars Rebels.

Star Wars RebelsInquisitor Lightsaber by Hasbro (MSRP: $29.99):

No Caption Provided

The signature weapon of the fearsome new villain from Star Wars Rebels – the Inquisitor -- comes to life in toy form. Start the battle with a single blade, and then attach the second blade to the special hilt for three feet of double-bladed power. And, for the first time ever, launch the Force Disc for a long distance strike!

Star Wars RebelsThe Ghost by LEGO (MSRP: $89.99):

Get ready to battle the Empire with the rebel heroes' awesome starship – the Ghost! The ship has plenty of weaponry on board with 2 spring-loaded shooters, storage for a spare missile and a lightsaber.

Also included in these releases are accessories and apparel.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

that (gonna catch some flack from SW fans for this but I don't know any better) female Boba Fett looks pretty cool but the rest look pretty bad...why are they still making figures with only 5 points of articulation anymore

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

@danhimself said:

that (gonna catch some flack from SW fans for this but I don't know any better) female Boba Fett looks pretty cool but the rest look pretty bad...why are they still making figures with only 5 points of articulation anymore

A couple reasons I think. It makes them more durable, so if you're giving them to little kids you can hope that they'll last a little longer. Plus, it keeps them sort of consistent with most Star Wars figures that have been produced on that scale which keeps the adult collectors of these toys (of which there are a ton when it comes to Star Wars) happy.

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
    CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CaptainGenisVell

@danhimself: No flak. Boba Fett was a Mandalorian, so not like he had the only armor. There have been numerous female ones before, so this is no bigey.

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MyNameIsWill

@danhimself said:

That female Boba Fett looks pretty cool but the rest look pretty bad...

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Inquisitor's lightsaber design is pretty cool. Looking forward to some good battles with that in the TV series.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardishy said:

Inquisitor's lightsaber design is pretty cool. Looking forward to some good battles with that in the TV series.

Humph, I was just thinking how silly it looked. I guess it'll depend on what it looks like in action...

Aside from the female Mandalorian, the rest of the action figures look a bit meh.

And why do we always have to reuse names in star wars to "link" the characters? Female Mando called Sabine...Duchess Sabine in clone wars...

(I think I'm just getting old and grumpy)

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Why is it that more recent toys look like they're from the early 90s nowadays? I thought this was 2014, why would I spend $5.99 for a toy that only has five points of articulation?

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardishy said:

Humph, I was just thinking how silly it looked. I guess it'll depend on what it looks like in action...

Aside from the female Mandalorian, the rest of the action figures look a bit meh.

And why do we always have to reuse names in star wars to "link" the characters? Female Mando called Sabine...Duchess Sabine in clone wars...

(I think I'm just getting old and grumpy)

I agree, it looks silly and unwieldy.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Why is it that more resent toys look like they're from the early 90s nowadays? I thought this was 2014, why would I spend $5.99 for a toy that only has five points of articulation?

It's Hasbro's current (and awful) business model, have two toy ranges in each series one dedicated to kids and are supposed to be cheaper and one for the adult fan a nd collector which are way better, cost more and most shops don't stock.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

Why is it that more resent toys look like they're from the early 90s nowadays? I thought this was 2014, why would I spend $5.99 for a toy that only has five points of articulation?

It's Hasbro's current (and awful) business model, have two toy ranges in each series one dedicated to kids and are supposed to be cheaper and one for the adult fan a nd collector which are way better, cost more and most shops don't stock.

I currently work retail and the only toys I've seen, from Marvel (including Avengers, Spider-Man, and even GotG), Star Wars, and even Transformers all look cheaply made and not worth the price for which they're being sold for. Thankfully we still carry some of the Marvel Legends figures which are still great toys, but like you mentioned they're extremely expensive. It's just insane at how Marvel has backtracked from putting out their very cool and diverse Marvel Universe series toys to these plastic hunk of junk toys that can't even bend at the knees!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@cave_duck said:

@wardishy said:

From what I've read, apparently his lightsaber is suppose to spin, causing the two blades to create a shield of some short, in a similar fashion to how General Grievous would spin his lightsabers to throw off his opponents during a battle.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@leokearon said:

@war_killer said:

I currently work retail and the only toys I've seen, from Marvel (including Avengers, Spider-Man, and even GotG), Star Wars, and even Transformers all look cheaply made and not worth the price for which they're being sold for. Thankfully we still carry some of the Marvel Legends figures which are still great toys, but like you mentioned they're extremely expensive. It's just insane at how Marvel has backtracked from putting out their very cool and diverse Marvel Universe series toys to these plastic hunk of junk toys that can't even bend at the knees!

The problem is Hasbro make the fan oriented toy ranges either exclusives or seemingly don't inform shops.

Transformers Age of Extinction had two toy ranges the awful Power Bashers and the better but store exclusive Age of Extinction Generations line. Also there is the proper Generations line as well for fans.

Star Wars have the 5 pts of articulation Legacy Series and the far superior but more expensive Black Series.

Marvel have for the fans Marvel Legends and Marvel Infinite 3.75" and the kids get the awful movie lines.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StarWatcher

Female Boba is fucking ridiculous.

Seriously, why does it have to be pink and all tight? Can't it wear armor and more realistic combat colors like male Boba?

Pffft. That's so lame.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, why does it have to be pink and all tight? Can't it wear armor and more realistic combat colors like male Boba?

Pffft. That's so lame.

Oh yes, because she just so happens to be wearing Mandalorian armor that must mean she's a Boba Fett rip-off. -__-

The reason her armor has different colors is because she's an artist and paints graffiti on everything. The makers of the show have mentioned that they wanted to do something different, so they chose to make her an artist as that's something we've rarely seen in the Star Wars Universe.

As for why her suit is "all tight" as you put it, she's only 16 years old so it's not like she's really filled out just yet. On top of that, from what little footage we've seen, Sabine appears to be very agile and stealthy, so having a lot of bulky armor would only slow her down.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: No flak. Boba Fett was a Mandalorian, so not like he had the only armor. There have been numerous female ones before, so this is no bigey.

Death Watch, which was a Mandalorian terrorist group during the Clone Wars, had female members who wore Mandalorian armor, so like you said it's no big deal.

The Duchess from The Clone Wars series was named Satine, not Sabine.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingwillie said:

@cave_duck said:

@wardishy said:

From what I've read, apparently his lightsaber is suppose to spin, causing the two blades to create a shield of some short, in a similar fashion to how General Grievous would spin his lightsabers to throw off his opponents during a battle.

Pretty sure I've actually seen a clip of it in action. There was a brief clip of Kanan facing off against the Inquisitor. And yes, it spins. That's why it has the weird circular handle thing.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@wardishy said:

@war_killer said:

@kingwillie said:

@cave_duck said:

@wardishy said:

Pretty sure I've actually seen a clip of it in action. There was a brief clip of Kanan facing off against the Inquisitor. And yes, it spins. That's why it has the weird circular handle thing.

I hadn't seen any footage of it yet, though I've been trying to avoid any footage as I'm waiting for the full show to air. I had heard it somehow spun, which made the saber's design make more sense. Personally I like that they're trying to bring more variety to the different lightsabers used in the show.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By StarWatcher

@war_killer said:

@starwatcher said:

Pffft. That's so lame.

Oh yes, because she just so happens to be wearing Mandalorian armor that must mean she's a Boba Fett rip-off. -__-

The reason her armor has different colors is because she's an artist and paints graffiti on everything. The makers of the show have mentioned that they wanted to do something different, so they chose to make her an artist as that's something we've rarely seen in the Star Wars Universe.

As for why her suit is "all tight" as you put it, she's only 16 years old so it's not like she's really filled out just yet. On top of that, from what little footage we've seen, Sabine appears to be very agile and stealthy, so having a lot of bulky armor would only slow her down.

Ok my bad, thanks for clearing things up.

If she's an artist wouldn't it be cooler to have graffiti all over her outfit or at least helmet?Tthen again that would make for a complicated toy.

I don't know much about the Star Wars universe and that toy just seemed way over the top and stereotypical. But she IS wielding guns so armor, even if light, would make sense...

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Disgusting.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#21  Edited By amazing_webhead

Oh I do so love LEGOs!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@wardishy: @kingwillie: @cave_duck:

Here's a cool image showing the different forms his lightsaber can change to.

No Caption Provided

I like that the Inquisitor doesn't only use his blade in its double-blade form, but also as a single blade as well.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captaingenisvell said:

Death Watch, which was a Mandalorian terrorist group during the Clone Wars, had female members who wore Mandalorian armor, so like you said it's no big deal.

@cave_duck said:

The Duchess from The Clone Wars series was named Satine, not Sabine.

Oops, do I get points for being close at least? :P

With the female Mando's colourful armour, another reason is that Mandalorians associate certain colours with characteristics and paint their armour to show what they take pride in. For example honoring a family member was black I think, and red was for revenge.

On the other hand there were Mandalorians who thought that was hogwashand painted their armour any colour they liked.

But universally they didn't worry about camouflage because they wanted their enemies to know they were coming for a fight.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.