How do you feel about the Star Brand right now ?

#1 Posted by Hyperlight (7078 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't get me wrong, I have always liked the Starbrand, its function is like somewhere in between a GL ring and a Cosmic Cube with even more potential. It also takes a reasonable amount of willpower, imagination, and confidence to wield properly. That in itself keeps anybody who wields it from becoming a god. The Infinity arc

-Shouldn't be native to Earth 616. Earth 616 doesn't need it. It would be much better if it was a Starbrand from another reality so it/him/her wouldn't be obligated to stay there after infinity is over.

- It doesn't stand out in earth 616. In the New Universe it shined because it was the first/original power source of metahumans and godlike (since there always has to be one at the top of the food chain haha). To much is going on for something like the Starbrand to be written into the continuity and used properly.

anyway my rant is done.... I really wanna know what you people are thinking.... am I wrong? Does the item work in Earth 616? what do you guys think?

-

#2 Posted by Lvenger (23087 posts) - - Show Bio

I sort of like the current incarnation of it. I respected how Hickman implemented the Starbrand in the issue as it was executed well. Especially since it's attached to a guy who's been rejected and is basically a background, lonely student at university. That hit a soft spot, especially since I'm at university now. But then there's a lot of talk about his power level and stuff and that hasn't been properly defined yet.

#3 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (5515 posts) - - Show Bio

I always liked Starbrand in New Universe, and when it was brought into 616 (remember back in Quasar anybody? I was pleased. How Hickman has handled this new transition has been very well done in my opinion.

#4 Posted by TDK_1997 (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't exactly like the idea of the Starbrand but the current incarnation is pretty neat.I like what Hickman did with the character and this is one of the only things that I actually like about his run on the Avengers.

#5 Posted by Dernman (16865 posts) - - Show Bio

I know next to nothing about the Starband before Marvel now. All I know is the issue where Quasar brought it to 616 and when it burned out.

I'm not really liking it and would probably be happy if it went away when the arc is over.

#6 Edited by PowerHerc (86068 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like it's potential has never been properly explored.

#7 Posted by Hyperlight (7078 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like it's potential has never been properly explored.

very true... that's because the writers make the wielders people/beings that cant wield it properly. Ken Connell didn't have any imagination. Kevin Conner doesn't have any confidence. so it holds back its potential. imagine the wielder being someone with a strong mind and experience with power? whoa

I always liked Starbrand in New Universe, and when it was brought into 616 (remember back in Quasar anybody? I was pleased. How Hickman has handled this new transition has been very well done in my opinion.

i guess i would be more pleased if it wasn't a designated starbrand of 616 because 616 doesn't need a starbrand

@tdk_1997 said:

I don't exactly like the idea of the Starbrand but the current incarnation is pretty neat.I like what Hickman did with the character and this is one of the only things that I actually like about his run on the Avengers.

what dont you like about it?

#8 Posted by TDK_1997 (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperlight: Don't know.I just don't like that much cosmic based superheroes like him.And when I read his wiki on CV I just didn't feel really interested in the guy.

#9 Edited by Hyperlight (7078 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: thats cool. I love cosmic stuff. silver surfer is my favorite character

#10 Posted by TDK_1997 (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperlight: That's cool.I also like him but he is probably one of the only cosmic Marvel characters that I actually like.

#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29814 posts) - - Show Bio

I love pretty much all of Hickman Avengers right now. Starbrand is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.