Stan Lee's 'Thor' Cameo Will Be...

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

It was only a matter of time until they revealed Stan Lee's cameo in the upcoming THOR movie, and while it has not yet been confirmed, rumor has it Lee will be playing a truck driver. 

Thor's hammer ( Mjolnir ) is found lying inside a crater in the middle of the road by the U.S. Army. The army tries to move it but can't because it's too heavy. They decide to bring in a truck for assistance. The soldiers tie Thor's hammer to the back of the truck with chains. The truck driver accelerates to pull Mjohnir. The back half of the truck falls apart as the front keeps moving. Finally, the camera cuts to the driver who happens to be comic legend Stan Lee.

I remember watching DAREDEVIL (terrible film) and thinking to myself how adorable the scene with Stan Lee was toward the beginning. He did not have to say much, but he is so lovable! I for one am really glad to see that Branagh is giving Stan Lee some time to shine on the silver screen considering he is the man partly responsible for creating such incredible comic book characters like Thor. I do sort of wish the cameo could be longer, but at least it is something. What do you guys think? Are you excited about the THOR movie?
#1 Posted by MrMazz (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the lil cameos casue at first i thought that guy looked at him then i looked them up and i was right

#2 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Im actually more excited for thor and captain americathan ironman 2. Mostly because Ironman has already been in the universe and cap and thor havent yet.

#3 Edited by FLStyle (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited isn't the word I'd use, curious is the one I would. I'm not sure whether it'll have the success Iron Man and Hulk did.

#4 Edited by The Lobster (1512 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that spoils what could have been a funny scene and a surprise cameo. Now that I'll be expecting that in the Thor movie it eliminates both the element of surprise and that ruins the humor.  

I blame the internet and all it's spoils.....

#5 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

The more I read about this movie, the more about the story is being shared with us (not Comic Vine's fault). But those working on the film seem to have loose tongues. By the time this movie is released, I feel like I'll know the whole plot and ending before I watch it.
#6 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent :D 

Oh and Babs give Daredevil Directors Cut a shot - a far better almost completely different film.
#7 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how Mjolnir is kinda Excalibur in the sense that they can't be moved except by their respective wielders or "chosen ones"

#8 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain said:
"Excellent :D  Oh and Babs give Daredevil Directors Cut a shot - a far better almost completely different film. "

Completely agree. The Director's Cut is soooooo much better. Definitely worth giving a shot.
#9 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2244 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by movieartman (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

daredevil WAS NOT THAT BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

electra,batman and robin,hulk (2003),steel,the punisher (1990),captain america (1990) 
and sevreal others WHERE ALL All MANY TIMES WORSE
#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@lostlantern13 said:
" @Bruce Vain said:
"Excellent :D  Oh and Babs give Daredevil Directors Cut a shot - a far better almost completely different film. "
Completely agree. The Director's Cut is soooooo much better. Definitely worth giving a shot. "
What's the difference?
#12 Posted by sora_thekey (8173 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that the cameo involved him as an Asgardian?

#13 Posted by Illuminarch (244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adam Michaels said:
" The more I read about this movie, the more about the story is being shared with us (not Comic Vine's fault). But those working on the film seem to have loose tongues. By the time this movie is released, I feel like I'll know the whole plot and ending before I watch it. "
Then why are you reading posts about the movie?
#14 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan Lee is the Waldo of Marvel films. :P 
Keeping an eye out for the scene he appears.
#15 Posted by UnclePappyWolf (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan Lee...Oh I remember the day when the non nerd  folk That Stan Lee was Bruce Lee younger brother. Now even mere mortals no the name and face of the Generalissimo known as STAN THE MAN LEE!

#16 Edited by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: 

It's darker. There's more Matt's struggle with his Catholic roots, fleshed out origin tale instead of the rush job we got in theatre, more violent/gritty (like a Daredevil film should be), Elekta and the love story take more of a backseat......I believe it also is rated R.......you do get more Affleck, which is either hit or miss, but I liked it a lot more.    It's definitely an improvement.

#17 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

It wouldn't be a Marvel movie without a cameo from Mr Lee!
#18 Edited by mattydeNero (526 posts) - - Show Bio

"I remember watching DAREDEVIL (terrible film)..." 

That was funny.  You can never remind someone enough of how that movie was as awesome as a root canal on an empty stomach.
#19 Posted by bob agent of agency x (207 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Sadhu said:
"It wouldn't be a Marvel movie without a cameo from Mr Lee! "

Ghost Rider, Punisher(all), Electra, Wolverine, Blade(all) and Captain America(1990), where was Stan  

Thor doesn't come out until 2011, seeing stan in the movie is better hearing about it, this isn't relly news 

I LIKED Daredevil, it was correct(besides black Kingpin and Punisher version of Daredevil), good story, a lot of action, if you changed all the actors and Daredevils Daredevil, not Punisher, it would be a GREAT movie.
#20 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not that excited about the Thor movie, but I am excited about Stan Lee's cameo for it.

#21 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

meh. i pray they can keep this from being too campy.

#22 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew it'd be a small cameo, but I originally thought he'd be a peasent in Asgard or something.
#23 Posted by YuggieCoin (29 posts) - - Show Bio

This is win

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.