Stan Lee Slips Up, 'Spider-Man' Cameo Revealed!

• 51 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio

If you don't like spoilers, then you might want to stop reading this article. This weekend Stan Lee accidentally slipped up during a panel at Dallas Comic-Con about his cameo in the upcoming Spider-Man reboot. Lee, who took the stage with Marvel artist John Romita Jr. was so excited that he could barely contain himself when an audience member asked him about his favorite role. According to Lee, the upcoming Spider-Man cameo is "the funniest one yet!" and is one he is the most excited about. Oh, and what's the best kind of proof? The kind that's caught on tape. Someone managed to catch Stan Lee's answer on video and were quick to upload his response to Youtube. And juuust in case they decide to take it down, we decided transcribed it. If you're curious you can check out the video below!

== TEASER ==

By the look on JRJR's face, I'm not too sure it was such a good idea for Stan to leak his cameo in the next Spider-Man movie, but honestly, what's the worst that could happen? The way I see it, the man created Marvel comics- if he wants to leak his damn cameo, he's allowed.

If you don't want to watch the video (above) where Stan makes his big reveal, then why not check out the video compilation below all of 'Stan the Man's' appearances.

Which of Stan Lee's cameos is your favorite?
#1 Posted by Deranged Midget (17843 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan Lee's cameo as Hugh Hefner in the first Iron Man was hilarious.

#2 Posted by Fullmetalcrow (6 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the iron man 2 cameo,he played as larry king

#3 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

His cameo in Thor was great, gotta love Stan for his randomness xD

#4 Edited by EnSabahNurX (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Stan Lee why are you so awesome? XD

My favorite cameo is the one he did in the Spiderman animated series
#5 Edited by Crono11 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

I like all of them equally.

Oh alright the Iron man one.

#6 Posted by The Impersonator (5586 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Stan Lee cameos. I just hope that the movie will be amazing though.

#7 Posted by ProjektGill (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the one from Rise of the Silver Surfer because he actually gets to play himself. Although he could be playing himself in any one of those other non-speaking roles. Kind of surprised to find out he wasn't in X2.

#8 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked his cameo in Spider-Man 3. He actually had lines and he got to say: "Nuff Said".

I am now curious about the Amazing Spider-Man cameo. I thought the Proto-Goblin was going to be the villain and Connors was just going to be Connors not the Lizard.

Also wondering why a movie called X-Men: First Class didn't script a cameo for Stan Lee

#9 Posted by EJT (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the FF2 cameo!

#10 Posted by NightFang (10197 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:
Maybe he should play Hugh Hefner in a movie.
#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34312 posts) - - Show Bio

Stans not in the new X-Men? That's 1 more reason why this movie will suck so bad

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

No love for the Willy Lumpkin cameo?

#13 Posted by zmanm407 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his MUA2 cameo the most!!! :D

#14 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Was he ever in either or the punisher movies?
#15 Posted by pulseangel666 (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 3 takes the cake!
#16 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9248 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan made such a great point on the X-man thing. If I missed stans appearance i would go buy another ticket and see it again. The Spider-man appearance does seem like a great cameo for Stan.

#17 Posted by Xenozoic Shaman (410 posts) - - Show Bio

When I really think about it, I seriously doubt I'll watch the new Spidey film, so this is probably not a big deal for me.

I like the Spider-Man 3 appearance, simply because he says " 'nuff said ".  The Rise of the Silver Surfer scene where he emphatically defends the fact that he's Stan Lee is a little funny though.

#18 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

I clicked on the link to see his answer and it was great.  Awsome to see that (*** ******) is in the movie as the baddy or one of the baddies.  The best answer he gave is the one I've given in almost every battle forum on here.  He was asked who would between Hulk or Juggs and he said "it depends on who the writer wants to win".  Why else did Cannonball beat Gladiator? 
#19 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

favorite is his cameo as himself in Mallrats. his explanation of Things " thing " was great, lmao!

#20 Posted by DoctorTrips (127 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite is his Rise of the Silver Surfer cameo because it happened in the comics. That's closely followed by his cameo in Thor.

#21 Posted by StarKiller809 (1239 posts) - - Show Bio

I always love seeing Stan Lee in the movies.
#22 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

Got to love stan lee in the Marvel movies.  Friends and I came up with a great idea.  He is the Watcher.  =)  Thats why he is in so many movies.
#23 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Hulk cameo with him and Lou Farigno.

#24 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked stans appearance on the simpsons
#25 Posted by MrCipher (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow Lizard? Now I'm considering going to see this. That sucks, here I was all up on my soapbox about "no more reboots", "No more b.s.". Now their doing a Doc Connor take on Peter's origin? Nice.

#26 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan Lee FTW.

#27 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan's just wonderful I think.  He has to do cameos I say. Just has to! I think my favorite cameo of him was in Thor honestly!

#28 Posted by nobodythere (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, I love Stan Lee; who couldn't? Great guy. And JR JR is amazing as well, wish I could have been there, was laughing pretty good at home!

#29 Posted by Painkiller (5 posts) - - Show Bio

So, the villain is confirmed as Lizard then?

#30 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan Lee's cameo in THOR I think was the best... since it was very surprising and got the most laugh I've heard in the theater.

#31 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, I was like maybe, but Stan the Man just sealed the deal.

#32 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

He should have a cameo in every Marvel movie from now until the time Marvel stops making movies lol.

#33 Posted by bunkerbuster05 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is definitely the funniest.

#34 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

OHO that cameo sounds really awesome can't wait to see the fight with Spiderman and the Lizard

#35 Posted by jamdown (294 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL Wow JR way to force the new Spider Man movie out of Stan

#36 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

darn i think missed the thor cameo when i went to see it.
#37 Posted by DKing_CiCADA (340 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh that Stan

#38 Posted by TenEyedMen (217 posts) - - Show Bio

I quite liked his appearance in The Spectacular Spider-Man. "Am I being punk'd?"

#39 Posted by leokearon (1851 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his Iron Man cameoes
#40 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

And it already sounds pretty cool :D

#41 Posted by Out_of_Space (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan Lee is awesome. He's not even changed the last years.
#42 Posted by Myninjadon (41 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't do Iron man 2?  I kinda liked The Incredible Hulk.  Subtle yet epic.  @Manchine said:

Got to love stan lee in the Marvel movies.  Friends and I came up with a great idea.  He is the Watcher.  =)  Thats why he is in so many movies.
I like the Fringe reference. 
#43 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Myninjadon said:
He didn't do Iron man 2?  I kinda liked The Incredible Hulk.  Subtle yet epic.  @Manchine said:
I like the Fringe reference. 
Yeah at least he was in one of them.  =)
#44 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Bless him! It sounds like a lot of fun! :)

#45 Edited by marvelunivers_deleteme (315 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jordanstine: WAIT he had a camoe in the movie wat was it i missed it
#46 Posted by Vitality (1770 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

He wasn't actually playing Hugh.

Tony mistakes him for Hugh.

#47 Posted by CrimsonInuTears (465 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, Spidey's 1 an 2 he saves people? Pfft, what a waste to double up. At least in Iron Man he's Hugh Heffner. But I gotta say my fav is the actuall "I'm Stan Lee" in FF2. Too freakin funny.
#48 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@marveluniverse

The scene where the pick-up truck in the crater with Mjolnir... (don't want to spoil anything).

#49 Posted by zombietag (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

i wish stan lee was my grandpa

#50 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13608 posts) - - Show Bio
@They Killed Cap! said:
Was he ever in either or the punisher movies?

i dont think so, wich makes sense since he wasnt involved with the punisher's creation

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.