A Petition for Stan Lee to Host SNL

Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
 A rare moment where Stan's caught off-guard.

What’s the latest of Stan Lee’s amazing endeavors? A bid to guest host Saturday Night Live! Stan might not be personally going after the show, but a Facebook petition's already assembled more than 800 fans (as of writing) under this mission statement...

Stan Lee has been known to make many scene stealing cameos, appearing in both movies & TV shows, yet there is one show & one cameo he has yet to tackle, Saturday Night Live. Imagine Stan “The Man” Lee appearing on SNL, think of the possibilities.

A FB petition might not have worked for Donald Glover's Spider-Man campaign, but it did work to get Betty White hosting SNL (as Splash Page points out) so this might not be as far out of the realm of possibility as you might think at first.  I do know that if I close my eyes, I can easily picture Stan doing a monologue and showing up in a half-dozen skits. I suppose the only thing for him to do after this is guest-star in a My Chemical Romance music video.

To set the proper context, I’ve included all the screenshots of Stan’s cameos that the Facebook page is providing. Look at these and you’ll see appearances he's made in all the Marvel movies, as well as MALLRATS, THE BIG BANG THEORY, THE SIMPSONS and even his new super-anime, HERO MAN... == TEASER ==

Keep in mind, this isn’t even a comprehensive selection! There are still some cameos that’ve been left unaccounted for. Stan might not have gotten the Oscar for best cameo actor, but he needs to get some Guiness Book award for most energetic octogenarian or something.  The man’s two years shy of his 90 birthday and he’s doing more than things with more energy and enthusiasm than men who’re a quarter ( let alone a half or a third) of his age.

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of  HYBRID BASTARDS!  &  UNIMAGINABLE .Order them on Amazon   here   & here .   

#1 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12562 posts) - - Show Bio

SIGN I SHALL!!!!! 

first for the 2ND TIME!!!!!
#2 Posted by BuddyBulson (427 posts) - - Show Bio

OH HELL YES!!

#3 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

This should definitely happen.

#4 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

This is definitely an awesome idea!!! I hated the idea of Stan Lee as Odin, but I definitely think it'll be awesome to see Stan host SNL.
#5 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm already on it !!! :D  

Stan's best perfomance was in Mallrats. The man needs more screen time damn it not just little winks.
#6 Posted by batmanboy11 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Signing... NOW!
#7 Posted by manofsteel42 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

No! Not SNL! If he is gonna appear in anything it should be a DC Movie now that would be a cameo to remeber!

#8 Posted by The Jeff (290 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Stan Lee. I think I'll cry the day he dies

#9 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

that would be sweet. 

#10 Posted by G-Man (30652 posts) - - Show Bio

Does he want to do it?

Staff
#11 Posted by ForbushBug (496 posts) - - Show Bio

I dug the Grant Morrison/My Chemical Romance bit more over yet another "Let's stroke Stan's ego" story.

#12 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8895 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see that

#13 Posted by rlmay3 (256 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually surprised he hasn't appeared on SNL before, I mean, law of averages would pretty much mean a man of his age and fame would have appeared there at least once, right!?

#14 Edited by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man:
I doubt he would not want to do it given his proclivity for face time before the camera.  Then again I can't speak for the man, but something tells me he'd love to do it.   

Wouldn't it be great if he did?  I don't care for SNL but I would watch it if he hosted or otherwise appeared!   

I know way way back in the day there was a skit featuring Ant-Man and The Incredible Hulk and some other superheroes at a party.  (Wish I could find that skit, maybe someone else has a pic or link? )    If they did a parody of superheroes once, they could do it again, given the current popularity of the superhero movies.   Having Stan Lee on the show would be reason enough to do them!

Think of the possibilites for all the parodies SNL could do regarding superhero characters.   I doubt this would come to fruition but one can hope.  

EDIT:  Never mind, that  SNL video is on the Facebook page itself via a link to HULU.  If you've not seen it, check it out.
#15 Posted by weapon154 (339 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSSSYYESSESESESEESYESYESYES! PLEASE YESSS!

#16 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I'd watch it. The Betty White episode was pretty good. Sign me up.

#17 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2233 posts) - - Show Bio
Don't forget his cameo on Spectacular Spider-Man
#18 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio
YES!!!!!!!!!!
#19 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!
#20 Posted by 604comics (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan Lee doesn't have the acting chops to host the entire show, sorry to say. He should limit himself to cameos, it's more effective. Whenever the next superhero movie is released that he's associated with in some way, have that movie star host SNL. Then, do a comic skit and Stan Lee can make an unannounced cameo. That would be the way to do it.

#21 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the cameo's he makes in his comics just as much as I like the movie cameos. 

The issue when The-One-Above-All appeared in the form of Stan Lee was awesome!
#22 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

If he does more than a cameo it will be a complete train wreck.

#23 Edited by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArtisticNeedham:  well he forgot even more than that one.

#24 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I take issue with that picture on the article. Stan's spider sense clearly would have warned him if a cameraman was approaching. And then he would have whipped out Mjonir and gone Thor on his @ss.

#25 Posted by msavo (66 posts) - - Show Bio

SNL sucks. I wouldn't want to punish Stan. 

#26 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Signed. 

#27 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio
@RE_Player said:
"SNL sucks. I wouldn't want to punish Stan.  "

Agreed. SNL is not worthy of Stan Lee imho.
#28 Posted by Jayso4201 (595 posts) - - Show Bio

They put betty white on there no way they put stan on there!
#29 Posted by GraveSp (318 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate these petitions to have people host snl.  If they really wanted to host it then they would be on it.  People go on their to promote something and Stan doesn't really have anything worth promoting.  

#30 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@manofsteel42 said:
" No! Not SNL! If he is gonna appear in anything it should be a DC Movie now that would be a cameo to remeber! "
he already said he would be in Batman if Nolan asked him, Lee said he was a big fan of Batman
#31 Edited by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck yeah I'm signing! 

Nevermind,I don't have facebook.
#32 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

"Does he want to do it? "

Right? What if he doesnt want to do it? This petition would be worthless.  
He also had a cameo in Heroes as a bus driver. 
And also had a part in the superhero squad show. 

#33 Posted by greenenvy (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring it on! cant wait. 

#34 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't watch SNL, but I certainly would watch it if Stan Lee was hosting

#35 Posted by Pizawle (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though I do not watch SNL, if Stan "The Man" Lee hosted, I'd watch it and record it to watch many, many times over. Excelsior!

#36 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love Stan, he is not really an actor...

wait, Shaq hosted that one time, never mind.

@G-Man said:

" Does he want to do it? "

same question. while alot of people would assume anyone in their right mind would want to,
many famous people have turned down hosting the show on the basis that they weren't into
doing that sort of thing. Marylin Manson had that going on for years over people wanting him
to star as Willy Wonka and believing that he wanted to as well because he showed interest
in the books, when in reality he wanted nothing to do with acting at all.

@Tom Pinchuk:
no mention Marvel Team-Up #74, where Stan was the host of Saturday Night Live, staring alongside the  SNL Not Ready For Prime Time Players?
#37 Posted by robin21 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see stan with the cow bell.

#38 Posted by Aquamariner (203 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll start a petition for Stan Lee to get beaten to death with a crowbar

#39 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

MUST HAPPEN!!!!!!!

#40 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty epic to see all of these cameos next to each other XD

#41 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

Signed!

#42 Posted by realsilverjunk (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Stan would make an otherwise dull show much funnier! 

#43 Posted by DeadlyWolverine (224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aquamariner said:
" I'll start a petition for Stan Lee to get beaten to death with a crowbar "
I exploded into laughter when I read this. XD
#44 Posted by Darth Paul (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, Hell Yeah! I haven't watched SNL in years, but I will definitely catch this episode if he does indeed end up hosting!

#45 Posted by The Impersonator (5030 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan's The Man.
#46 Posted by Haustyl12 (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan lee will be the ultimate host

#47 Posted by imblackjames (274 posts) - - Show Bio

no way it would be the worst snl ever have him stick to comic cameos

#48 Posted by BrklynBeatnik (17 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks just like my dad, i love Stan Lee, which is saying alot becuase im not a huge Marvel fan

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.