Is Squirrel Girl really all that powerful?

#1 Edited by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean she beat Thanos, Deadpool, and Doctor Doom.

Is this just a case of where the underdog beats all powerful beings?

It amuses me! She seems pretty cool but... is it just for jokes? I have no hate at all, Im just curious.

Would you like to see more of her?

Also, if you believe she isn't all that powerful, who do you think is the strongest person she could really take out?

#2 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just a joke. The writers figured it would be funny if she beat some of the most formidable enemies.

#3 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

you dare?

#4 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, this thread has been done many times. So

#5 Posted by Nefarious (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, she beat Thanos, Dr. Doom, and Galactus. She also beat Deadpool.

#6 Posted by JediXMan (29626 posts) - - Show Bio

It's basically a joke.

#7 Posted by Strider92 (16130 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe shes a sort of parody for overpowered superheros.

#8 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Her true power is subconscious wishful reality manipulation

She thinks in a positive manner of taking out her opponent, subconsciously altering the fabric of reality and the probability fields making her opponents lose against her, which is her wish

basically she is so sure that she can and will defeat her enemies that her subconscious takes it as an order to manipulate reality and makes it happen to fulfill her desires. She cant use it at will because she doesnt have knowledge on it, it happens subconsciously

#9 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

No one can defend themselves against her running up the pant leg tactic.

#10 Posted by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#11 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

A bad idea that just got out of hand.

#12 Posted by Teerack (5393 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirl girl is just so awesome writers make her more awesome. Kinda like Rhonin in wow lore.

#13 Posted by mr_gone (203 posts) - - Show Bio

Even beyond the joke though she's still pretty awesome. She recently beat wolverine hand to hand.

#14 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

She just beat me...

#15 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

I demand Squirrel Girl to be in Avengers 2. I demand that she be played by Felicia Day. I demand that she be awesome.

#16 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmo111687 said:

I demand Squirrel Girl to be in Avengers 2. I demand that she be played by Felicia Day. I demand that she be awesome.

You just said what I believe is possibly one of the best demands I have ever heard coming out of anyone's mouth.

It could happen since Joss Whedon loves recycling actors, and has used her in many of his works.

#17 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Her bad past was in another city that she will not likely return to. She has history with Wolverine knowing his real name. We know that she is a mutant but perhaps she something that is left hidden. We know that Marvel squirrels can break the fourth wall which provides her crucial information. She has cards on every character in Marvel. One of her weaknesses is her concern of the endangerment of others. she leaves herself vulnerable when she fears for others safety.

@Jorgevy: actually she has good help with her squirrels not reality manipulation. it is more of fourth wall breaching.

#18 Edited by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirrel Girl in a movie would be crazy! :p

#19 Posted by Mercy_ (92625 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmo111687 said:

I demand Squirrel Girl to be in Avengers 2. I demand that she be played by Felicia Day.

Mind = blown

Moderator Online
#20 Posted by jhazzroucher (15141 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Squirrel Girl but she ain't the most powerful. It's Storm! : )

#21 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

She is a joke character.

Nothing she has ever done can be taken seriously.

That's why I really prefer DC to Marvel comics.

#22 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a throwback to the good ole silver age where everything is happy and whimsical, where not everything has to be coated with angst and grimdark.

She's written by Ditko

She is awesome

Off panel she is unbeatable

#23 Posted by CyberWarrior (1454 posts) - - Show Bio

If writers thought this would be funny, they were wrong. Stop humiliating cool characters.

#24 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior: Cool characters need to be humbled once in a while. There is lesson that people forgot and/or refuse to learn.

#25 Posted by CyberWarrior (1454 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior: Cool characters need to be humbled once in a while. There is lesson that people forgot and/or refuse to learn.

..why?

#26 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior: Cool is at the moment and can not last forever. It will get stale and/or overuse eventually if there is no challenge.

#27 Posted by Agent9149 (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#28 Edited by jhazzroucher (15141 posts) - - Show Bio

she is an awesome character. Prolly the only female Marvel comics character that i really like outside x-men

#29 Posted by CyberWarrior (1454 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior: Cool is at the moment and can not last forever. It will get stale and/or overuse eventually if there is no challenge.

I agree that time to time characters need changes, all I meant was that it's not necessary to make them like this. However, I understand what you mean.

#30 Edited by thedevilhunter89 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

so much hate on squirrel girl.

#31 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I have said what her power is and some of you still ignore the dang obvious. Oh she does not look what expectations are. She dresses with the power she has. Think about it she is always Squirrel Girl never Doreen Green.

She tried being a sidekick but it didn't work, so she helps the police in the park. She was being a good citizen. She does not live in seclusion. She would have been a young avenger but decided to be a babysitter because that is a job more needed especially towards superheroes. She is willing to be a side character because she never wanted the glory she just wanted to help. She is over her problems which is rare in Marvel.

Let me summarize again. If a villain ever decides to be a threat to her the squirrels will know and later on she will know. She also has good publicity being best describe a saint so it hard not to look like a cruel person for doing that. She patrols the park so there is no reason to do crime there other steal from a citizens which would just be petty theft and that is home field advantage because squirrels live there.

#32 Edited by Bogey (934 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirrel Girl is seriously overpowered...... and sexy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.