Follow

Squirrel Girl

Character » Squirrel Girl appears in 489 issues.

A hero with squirrel-like abilities and features, Squirrel Girl is not always taken seriously, but she has nonetheless defeated many of the Marvel universe's greatest villains. She is a longtime member of the Great Lakes Avengers, and briefly served as a nanny for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

I don't get it

ArtsyGal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ArtsyGal

Why is everyone putting Squirrel Girl on the pedestal, like she's a goddess or something. Like, is it a joke thing? Is she such a ridiculous character that people jokingly put her as an extremely powerful character?

Also, how is she like Deadpool? I'm so confused. I just know nothing about this character.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lykopis

Pretty much. There are a few instances where she has been shown to beat powerful characters that are frankly ridiculous. But -- I have a warped (read really, really REALLY strange sense of humour) and I love her.

As for Deadpool, I can only assume its because of his outrageous character. Breaking the fourth wall and such.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Lvenger

@ArtsyGal: Here are some ridiculous examples of why people put Squirrel Girl on a pedestal. The woman reeks of PIS

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By fesak  Moderator

No pedestal, she's just better than anyone else

ArtsyGal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ArtsyGal

@Lvenger: Those scans are hilarious.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Lvenger

@ArtsyGal: They're supposed to be. There's even one of Squirrel Girl beating Wolverine in a hand to hand fight.

vesavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By vesavius

@fesak said:

No pedestal, she's just better than anyone else

Well, everyone except Dani Cage :)

vesavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By vesavius

@ArtsyGal said:

Why is everyone putting Squirrel Girl on the pedestal, like she's a goddess or something. Like, is it a joke thing? Is she such a ridiculous character that people jokingly put her as an extremely powerful character?

Also, how is she like Deadpool? I'm so confused. I just know nothing about this character.

How is she like DP? Well, I guess because she is principally a comedic character that breaks the fourth wall and whatnot.

Why do people like her? I am not sure how to tell you... how do you explain a joke to someone and what is funny and what isn't? You either get it or you don't. I like her because she is ridiculous, achieves ridiculous things in a tongue in cheek way, and brings a sense of mischief to the MU (which can be overbearingly serious at times).

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Hazlenaut

It is a lesson to be learned. They often underestimate her. Squrrel reflexes are deadly here is some action a squirrel can do

Seriously you guy need to have deeper thought into things. She is known to fight criminals in the park for daily basis. She babysits including children from super heroes. She is highly intelligent and her squirrel s can break the fourth wall to give her information on villains and heroes. She is also a very skilled flyer. With her squirrel powers, smarts and insider information she someone not to ever be taken lightly. She is not PIS she is Armed-with-Canon. Dr. Doom knows not to take her lightly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.