Why'd He Change His Name?

#1 Posted by Hellstormer (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know why he changed his name, is there a reason beyond him feeling guitly for his world's destruction?

#2 Posted by Resonate (14552 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. I said this in my other thread...he's k=stupid, but ya gotta love him lol

#3 Posted by Hellstormer (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause of Leonhart maybe? He seemed angry when Aerith called him Squall at the beginning of KH.

#4 Posted by Resonate (14552 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Hellstormer says:
"Cause of Leonhart maybe? He seemed angry when Aerith called him Squall at the beginning of KH."
If my name was Squall I would be mad too.Leon is more...ummmm...not gay."

Oh yeah Squall's gay especially since he was embracing a chick half the game and risking his life over and over just to see her

#5 Posted by Jax (6182 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Colt Python says:
"Hellstormer says:
"Cause of Leonhart maybe? He seemed angry when Aerith called him Squall at the beginning of KH."
Oh yeah Squall's gay especially since he was embracing a chick half the game and risking his life over and over just to see her"

You have problems Res. Resonate and Colt Python go to your corners. I want to see a clean fight no hitting below the belt now fight. Anyway, Squall changed his name because he didn't want to feel guilty for his world's destruction so he said he would change it back when he could make everything better.

#6 Posted by Hellstormer (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Jax says:

"Resonate says:
"Colt Python says:
"Hellstormer says:
Oh yeah Squall's gay especially since he was embracing a chick half the game and risking his life over and over just to see her"

You have problems Res. Resonate and Colt Python go to your corners. I want to see a clean fight no hitting below the belt now fight. Anyway, Squall changed his name because he didn't want to feel guilty for his world's destruction so he said he would change it back when he could make everything better."

That's such a lame reason. I wonder if Square just thought he had a stupid name and was like "%$#& it, let's change it."

#7 Posted by fesak (8475 posts) - - Show Bio

Especially weird since there already was a FF character named Leon.

#8 Posted by Resonate (14552 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Especially weird since there already was a FF character named Leon."

That's true. Square seems to have some kind of fetish for taking FF characters names and randomly using them. Come on, Riku? It's not like names for characters with his role are that hard to come up with. You never name someone after a useless, generic. stereotype. EVER

#9 Posted by EpicNinja (235 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe they, used the name Leon for him in Kingdom Hearts because they seemed to be merging Ideas from the different final fantasy games into one Mythology to work better in this game concept. IE Combing Squall Leonhart and Leonhart aka Leon from Final Fantasy II into one character. Another example is when Cloud is Drawing from the Dark power in the first game his outfit closely resembles Vincent from FF7. Other instances are that Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie are of the same age on Destiny Island. Also they prolly knew that Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls was coming out in a year or so and wanted to introduce the name. The story line was just made up to give a reason game wise lol. If he would have just been like "Call Me Leon" lol no one would get it besides hardcore fan-boys.

#10 Posted by Resonate (14552 posts) - - Show Bio

sure...

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (89466 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Colt Python says:
"Hellstormer says:

I never said he was gay...

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (89466 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Resonate (14552 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm...maybe they changed it to show maturity?...nahhh...

#14 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

wow, anybody read his last name!? No? its leonheart!! i repeat LEONHEART!!! people get called by their last name alot...

#15 Posted by Saber striker (22 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree with that so cut this damn chat. it just makes sense and sounds cool in the process.

#16 Posted by Xeron (323 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Colt Python says:
"Hellstormer says:

Actually that sound's very gay, Rikku from FFX did the exact same thing with Yuna, thing was she was a girl.

#17 Posted by Resonate (14552 posts) - - Show Bio

I never said that Rikku was straight

but the thing is, Squall is a dude

unless you can prove to me otherwise, in which case, you disturb me deeply

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.