Squall...

#1 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty impossible to determine for the FF characters that can use all magics, summons, etc. I think that they can't really do that, but the game systems lets them anyway.

#2 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Is

Aside from that, I was wondering..how powerful can he get? I mean, if people here think that Sora can beat Yoda, then how strong is he?

I mean, he has the ability to summon gods and do this

If we use him in CV battles and ranking and whatnot, how should we do it? As a fanboy (yeah I'll admit it) I'm tempted to just say he has everything junctioned and whatnot. And...I also just felt like making a forum on him.

#3 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"It's pretty impossible to determine for the FF characters that can use all magics, summons, etc. I think that they can't really do that, but the game systems lets them anyway."

That's why it's so awesome lol

#4 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

He is awesome. I like him better than Cloud. I had him maxed out at level 100, with everything junctioned, and with the Lionheart gunblade. Add, with all that, I think the Lionheart does up to 200,000 hit points of damage.

#5 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"It's pretty impossible to determine for the FF characters that can use all magics, summons, etc. I think that they can't really do that, but the game systems lets them anyway."

How come they can't really do that?

#6 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"He is awesome. I like him better than Cloud. I had him maxed out at level 100, with everything junctioned, and with the Lionheart gunblade. Add, with all that, I think the Lionheart does up to 200,000 hit points of damage."

Same here man...I should put a video up of my file lol

I took down the last boss by myself

#7 Posted by Flamethrower Zen (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Selphie >>>> Squall >>>> Cloud

I'm kidding(mostly). My wife and I considered naming our son after Squall, kinda.

#8 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Squall > Cloud, IMO.

#9 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"I like Squall but not nearly as much as Cloud or Tidus.I didn't like FF8 much either.All the characters where pretty much the same as 7's characters."

Tidus was lame. Very lame.

#10 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Static Shock says:
"He is awesome. I like him better than Cloud. I had him maxed out at level 100, with everything junctioned, and with the Lionheart gunblade. Add, with all that, I think the Lionheart does up to 200,000 hit points of damage."

Same here man...I should put a video up of my file lol

I took down the last boss by myself"

I used Squall, Irvine, and Zell for the last boss. I had a bunch of Aura Stones saved up, and I didn't know what they were for until the end. Anyway, all I did was unleash everyone's Limit Break repeatedly with the Aura Stones. I finished her off with Zell's final Limit Break, where he runs around the Earth and punches the enemy, kinda like an Infinite Mass Punch. Can't remember the name of it though....

#11 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Static Shock says:
"fesak says:
How come they can't really do that?"
I retcon them in my head because i like characters that have defined abilities better, like the FF9 cast. "

lol

#12 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Resonate says:
"Static Shock says:
Same here man...I should put a video up of my file lol I took down the last boss by myself"
I used Squall, Irvine, and Zell for the last boss. I had a bunch of Aura Stones saved up, and I didn't know what they were for until the end. Anyway, all I did was unleash everyone's Limit Break repeatedly with the Aura Stones. I finished her off with Zell's final Limit Break, where he runs around the Earth and punches the enemy, kinda like an Infinite Mass Punch. Can't remember the name of it though...."

My Final Heaven

#13 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Flamethrower Zen says:
"Selphie >>>> Squall >>>> Cloud I'm kidding(mostly). My wife and I considered naming our son after Squall, kinda."
Auron>>>>>>All."

Hell Yeah

#14 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"what was lame about him?"

Don't get me wrong. He's powerful. It's just that he has the lamest personality out of all the FF main characters.

#15 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"fesak says:

How come they can't really do that?"

I retcon them in my head because i like characters that have defined abilities better, like the FF9 cast.

#16 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"I retcon them in my head because i like characters that have defined abilities better, like the FF9 cast. "

I thought FF9 was garbage. In any case, I look at it like this. All characters (except for the ones in FF9) can use all magic, but not all Summons. Each character can only carry a limited amount of Summons.

#17 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Colt Python says:
"what was lame about him?"
Don't get me wrong. He's powerful. It's just that he has the lamest personality out of all the FF main characters."

But he was a lot deeper than most of them in the end. The reason he seemed so lame was because they didn't get the best voice actor or all the facial expressions right.

#18 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"fesak says:
"I retcon them in my head because i like characters that have defined abilities better, like the FF9 cast. "
I thought FF9 was garbage. In any case, I look at it like this. All characters (except for the ones in FF9) can use all magic, but not all Summons. Each character can only carry a limited amount of Summons."

If you just bagged on IV I'll kill you lol

#19 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Tifa,Yuffie,Barrett,Lulu,Auron>>>>>>All."

Squall, Cloud, Auron, Barret, Vincent, Vaan, Basch > All.

Resonate says:

But he was a lot deeper than most of them in the end.

I disagree with that. I think Cloud was deeper than him.

Resonate says:

Seriously. It sucks. I like FF Tactics better.

#20 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as we're talking about Squall, why did he call himself Leon in KH?

#21 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he didn't want to reveal his real name to other characters in the game because he was in a different world.

#22 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not?

#23 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the part I'm tryna figure out.

#24 Posted by Flamethrower Zen (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember where I read it(maybe the strategy guide?), or how official it was, but I think they said it was because he felt ashamed about not being able to defeat the Heartless in Hollow Bastion.

#25 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

Flamethrower Zen says:

"I don't remember where I read it(maybe the strategy guide?), or how official it was, but I think they said it was because he felt ashamed about not being able to defeat the Heartless in Hollow Bastion."

How does giving out a fake name make anything better?

#26 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

You're asking Zen like he knows why. Nobody really understands why he gave out a fake name.

#27 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

OK. It doesn't really matter.

#28 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"As long as we're talking about Squall, why did he call himself Leon in KH? "

I don't know. Giving himself an alias was a stupid idea in the first place if only two people knew who he was anyway, and they were his partners. I didn't really think that he needed to be in KH at all, like most of the FF characters, but it gives him an excuse to be here so I won't complain....

#29 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

Squall is now overrated in my book thanks to the Squall fanboys here =P

#30 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Colt Python says:
"Tifa,Yuffie,Barrett,Lulu,Auron>>>>>>All."
Squall, Cloud, Auron, Barret, Vincent, Vaan, Basch > All. Resonate says:
But he was a lot deeper than most of them in the end.
I disagree with that. I think Cloud was deeper than him. Resonate says:
Seriously. It sucks. I like FF Tactics better. "

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.