What happened to her book?

#1 Posted by War Killer (20185 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, I used to not be a big fan of Spider-Woman, but lately I've started to like her and I've been trying to find more recent titles about her other then New Avengers, I know of her Origins book, but I was wondering about her most recent title where she's an Agent of S.W.O.R.D., was it a mini-series or was it an ongoing that just got canceled? Can anyone help explain what happened to her book, please?

????????
#2 Posted by War Killer (20185 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you kidding me....sorry Mods, could one of you please move this to the Spider-Woman forums....

#3 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: As far as I know it's only running til issue 7 than it's over, probably bad sales.
#4 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: It became to much of a hassle to make both the motion comics and a regular book so it got discontinued, but Jess will show up again in the Avengers
#5 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

i was under the impression as well it was only intended to run until 7, being where the sister motion comic story ends.
Bendis is now busy with something else, a creator owned book called Scarlet. i assume though am not sure that she was intended to
join the S.W.O.R.D. book that got shelved.

#6 Posted by War Killer (20185 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, I forgot about Bendis' Scarlet book. Sucks still though, I mean I know Marvel wants to get their Super Heroines out in the spotlight, Like Black Widow, Marvel Girls, ect. But looking at where I'm coming from, which would also effect thoughs who are just getting into comics, a new reader (in a sense for myself I mean) trying to learn about a character I know little to nothing about is hard since none of the characters have their own titles to show us who they really are, I know she'll be in Avengers, which I am looking forward too, but that book will be about a group of heroes, so we won't get to dive into these characters minds and see what makes them tick.

Sorry, this is turning more into a rant then I planned on it being (oops). But anyways, Thanks for clearing this up for me guys! :)

#7 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" Are you kidding me....sorry Mods, could one of you please move this to the Spider-Woman forums.... "
If I have to... :P
#8 Posted by War Killer (20185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: Thanks :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.