Vanessa Hudgens is SPIDER-WOMAN?!!?

• 79 results
#51 Posted by mrrpm01 (199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Korg said:
" Nice "article". Are these deliberately incendiary? This is like the 20th unsubstantiated article about a comic book movie role. This one even says it is not to be believed in the first sentence. If you click the link, it is revealed that she is only even rumored to want to play the part. This is a waste of space. "
Damn, well tell us how you REALLY feel, Korg. "
you beat me to it Vance just for that NO TACOS FOR YOU!!!!
#52 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady Tlieso said:
" Well neither of them can act so there's really not a huge difference. "
This. 

Aren't we past the point of "let's match the looks up as close as we can" and instead focused on getting a good story, good performance, and good movie?
#53 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#54 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1828 posts) - - Show Bio

I died a little inside.

#55 Posted by longas91 (66 posts) - - Show Bio
@squiresmadnessmachine: agree! Spider-Woman is the bomb!
#56 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL.
It could make sense.
I mean look who owns Marvel now.
Disney wants to push their own kids. 
Makes sense.
As long as Miley Cyrus stays the hell away from Mary Jane.

#57 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7486 posts) - - Show Bio

i've seen  her naked. -butthead laugh- uh huh huh huh huh.

Butt-Head

#58 Posted by the_orange_crush (79 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll just go ahead and say it. Kate Beckinsale as Spider-Woman!

#59 Posted by lonefang6x6 (422 posts) - - Show Bio
no way.. absolutely no way!!
#60 Edited by jstarzyk (314 posts) - - Show Bio

She's Spider-Woman and Zach is Spider-Man?  I'm smelling High School Musical: Spider Family!

#61 Edited by Super Average Guy (21 posts) - - Show Bio

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this is just another stupid rumor! I think Hudgens is a terrible choice! Too young and petite, and looks nothing like Spider Woman!

They need to go with an unknown actress that has actually won the role through a stringent casting process......

But if they have to go with an established celebrity, I tentatively nominate Kate Beckinsale and Kim Smith (not sure about her acting though)

#62 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

vanessa anne huggenkiss would be perfet for spider-woman in my opinion and other things which ill keep mum about ;)
#63 Posted by MSBoyd23 (112 posts) - - Show Bio

I just chipped a tooth when I read that. Now I have something to seethe about when I sit in the dentist's chair.  

Rhona Mitra might be a good Spider-Woman. She's been in a couple of action movies, she fits the part physically, and she already has the British accent. But the only movies I've seen her in weren't that impressive. I don't know if that says anything about her... 

#64 Posted by Vance Astro (91056 posts) - - Show Bio
@mrrpm01 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Korg said:
" Nice "article". Are these deliberately incendiary? This is like the 20th unsubstantiated article about a comic book movie role. This one even says it is not to be believed in the first sentence. If you click the link, it is revealed that she is only even rumored to want to play the part. This is a waste of space. "
Damn, well tell us how you REALLY feel, Korg. "
you beat me to it Vance just for that NO TACOS FOR YOU!!!! "
Fine...I was having a RAVIOLI type of day anyway...
#65 Posted by the ace of knaves (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Olivia Nunn? Are you guys nuts? She isn't an actress... she just pretends to be into comic books and games for the show...

#66 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

isn't olivia munn suppossed to make a cameo as a yet unknown role in iron-man 2, maybee it's jessica drew. if they put effron and hudgens in those roles, then the movie will just just turn into a damn musical, and last time i checked, this isn't a broadway show

#67 Edited by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

i think that the only way hudgens would play a comic book role is if it was either animated or she was portraying someone young, like kitty pride/shadowcat. not spider-woman

#68 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4595 posts) - - Show Bio

shes cute i dont mind

#69 Posted by BlackestShite (243 posts) - - Show Bio

This must be Joss Whedon's doing, he's currently writing for High school, got his name on Avengers and he loves putting his pet actors into roles. Just look at how often he drooled over certain actors like Eliza Dushku, David Boreanaz, Charisma Carpenter. Whedon can write very well, I loved his run on X-men 

VERY GOOD

but I'm not sure he's the guy to sit in the directors chair too much of a high school groupie and an addict for certain actors, my guess is he's having some influence with the casting choice at Marvel

NOT GOOD

#70 Posted by HellionVulcan (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gennadius said:
" Whats next that kid Justin bieber playing bucky or Daken. "

I laughed so hard but no Vanessa shouldn't play spider-woman .
#71 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackestShite said:
" This must be Joss Whedon's doing"
You think Joss Whedon told some gossip website that Venessa Hudgens maybe had an interest in playing Spider-Woman? Seems extremely unlikely to me.
#72 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio
@KRYPTON : or corben bleu as power man
#73 Posted by H2O (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh....PLEASE no.
#74 Posted by Arcee (5 posts) - - Show Bio

If she gets to play Jessica Drew, then I should be cast as Captain America.

#75 Posted by MikeIsrael (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Vanessa Hudgens  as  Jessica Drew and I could write record it and direct and you could pay me a lot of money to make it and then we could market the crap out of it . I like it, I like it! 

#76 Posted by comicnerdy (259 posts) - - Show Bio

:P
#77 Posted by jeangreyemmafrost (125 posts) - - Show Bio

eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww...........................shes like gross

#78 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

we could have a SWORD movie.
and Vanessa would be great for the role

#79 Posted by skypilotbinky (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Vanessa Hudgens can't act? Really? How do those feet taste?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.