Vanessa Hudgens is SPIDER-WOMAN?!!?

• 79 results
Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a photo you can doctor, kids...

As much as it’d fit to have the leads of HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL going on to play Spider-Man and Spider-Woman, I’m going to have to call “Baloney!” on this. I highly doubt Vanessa Hudgens is going to play Jessica Drew in anything, especially given the track record of the sites we’re getting this from. Sure, she probably told some paparazzi that she wanted to play her at some premiere, but there’s a big gulf between stated interest and actual occurrence, isn’t there?

Besides… haven’t a lot of you been saying that you desperately want Olivia Munn to get this role? I seem to recall there even being some doctored pictures putting the G4 hostess in the character’s red and yellow outfit. That was some convincing photo manipulation, as I recall.

Another peg against this rumor is that I can’t really think of what Marvel movies Spider-Woman would even be in. The most obvious candidate would be the Spider-Man reboot, but I’d imagine throwing a female counterpart into the mix would run counter to Sony’s intention to take things back to basics. Maybe she could factor in somewhere into the whole swath of Avengers-movies rolling out over the next couple years... but which one would it be? Even though Spider-Woman got her own cartoon in the early 80s, she’s really only ever been a third stringer in Marvel’s pantheon. You’d figure they’d get bigger characters on screen before getting to her.  

Anyway, since we’re in the realm of wild speculation here, why don’t all of you in the highly-rumored Comic Vine community join the fray? Who should play Jessica Drew? If she wasn’t starring in her own movie, what other movie could she play a supporting part in?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

#1 Posted by Hellsword18 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell noooooooooooo!!!

#2 Posted by sora_thekey (8152 posts) - - Show Bio

I do perfer Olivia Munn for Spider-Woman... but there might be a part for Vannessa Hudgens in the Marvel Movie Universe?  

She could be Liz in the Spider-Man re-boot... 
I recall that Liz's character in the Spectacular Spider-Man TV series was Latina... maybe Vanessa could pull off the cheerleading chick...
#3 Posted by Namor1987 (1881 posts) - - Show Bio

Olivia Munn over her any day her biggest claim to fame is her showing her "magic garden" to the world

#4 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14402 posts) - - Show Bio

to young to play her as an actress maybe in an animated film thou

#5 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

Well neither of them can act so there's really not a huge difference.

#6 Posted by Alphaproto (350 posts) - - Show Bio

To nice to be Spider - Woman. 
Preparing to docter photo...
#7 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

No way...Im team Munn!

#8 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio

She does not have the body for it. She is pretty though. 

#9 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Spider-Woman in a movie. DOn't know about Ms. Hudgens though. She's too young.

#10 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" I want to see Spider-Woman in a movie. DOn't know about Ms. Hudgens though. She's too young. "
The age does not bother me too much. She seems to still be pretty young in the comics.  Maybe she can fill the role.

#11 Posted by MemnochZERO (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. That's so horrible I hate to think of what she'd be like as Jessica Drew on screen. And Munn as Drew in a film? Really? That's worse than Wasp or Scarlett Witch. 
Speaking of horrible, i'm one to talk since I'm one of those people that think Charisma Carpenter and Michelle Ryan would  be great as Spider-Woman... well, tat the very least hey'd look great dressed as Spider-woman... moreso than Munn and Hudgens.
#12 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe in a Ultimate style, but no way in 616.
#13 Posted by chowy (64 posts) - - Show Bio

The worst part is that this coould make sense if they are making the Ultimate Jessica.
Besides there's the speculation that Olivia Munn is gonna be Wasp

#14 Posted by Edamame (27963 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a Spider-Woman movie coming out? Or am I just dizzy?

#15 Posted by Aspenite (892 posts) - - Show Bio

She might be a good actress but I don´t want to see as Spider-Woman. HELL NO!

#16 Edited by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll see your "baloney" and raise you a "full fledged BS"

I mean, she's very pretty, but she's REALLY not a mature enough actor from the limited work I've (unfortunately) seen of hers. 

I just don't see why they'd cast her. Going for the preteen Disney crowd? It would alienate the fanbase a little too much.

#17 Posted by Bathory1313 (521 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it would work.. Jessica Drew is a mature confident lady I see your baloney

#18 Posted by ManuelPrez (131 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" I do perfer Olivia Munn for Spider-Woman... but there might be a part for Vannessa Hudgens in the Marvel Movie Universe?  She could be Liz in the Spider-Man re-boot... I recall that Liz's character in the Spectacular Spider-Man TV series was Latina... maybe Vanessa could pull off the cheerleading chick... "
x2, thats a good idea. But for any other role on the Marvel universe movie shes to young to be on a role comparing to Chris Evans, Scarlett Johanson. 
#19 Posted by Emerald Dragonfly (212 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, I didn't actually get it - WHERE EXACTLY she'll play Jessica?

#20 Posted by Gennadius (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats next that kid Justin bieber playing bucky or Daken.
#21 Posted by the_orange_crush (79 posts) - - Show Bio

For Spider-Woman? No to both Vanessa Hudgens and Olivia Munn. Hudgens is way too young and Munn hasn't done any serious acting. Plus, isn't Jessica Drew supposed to be British? If either tried to pull off a British accent, I'd be laughing my way throughout the whole movie. 

What makes Olivia Munn a good Spider Woman (or Wasp for that matter) by the way?

As for Wasp, I think Kristen Bell would make a great Wasp.

#22 Posted by Wolverine_chick13 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

she should play some other role shes to young to be spider woman. spider girl maybe

#23 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

first zac efron is going to be spider-man and now vanessa is spider-woman. What is next Ashley Tisdal going to be Ms. Marvel.

#24 Posted by Zniperking (281 posts) - - Show Bio

no no no no no no no no

#25 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Um... yay? 

If Vanessa can pull this pose off and I'm all for it!
#26 Posted by pinchpaker29 (470 posts) - - Show Bio

N O, its too horrible to even think about... :(
#27 Edited by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

The important question is:  Which company holds the flim rights to Spider-Woman? 

Is it Sony Films or Marvel Studios

If Sony has the rights then that kills all speculation that Olivia is miss Jessica Drew in Iron Man 2

Anyway, I would probably take whoever seems more British for the role: Olivia or Vanessa...

#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio

Vanessa Hudgens isn't even a woman....she completely ruins the suffix.

#29 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's next Ashley Tisdale as Mrs. Marvel. 

#30 Posted by havco (87 posts) - - Show Bio

can somebody give the girl a chance and besides you don't know if this true or not
#31 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice "article". Are these deliberately incendiary? This is like the 20th unsubstantiated article about a comic book movie role. This one even says it is not to be believed in the first sentence. If you click the link, it is revealed that she is only even rumored to want to play the part. This is a waste of space.

#32 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

She's cute.. but not nearly curvy enough.  She'd need implants to get those bigger in time. 

Nope, Jessica needs to be more mature in years & build.  Besides, I thought Miss Hudgens wanted to be Catwoman? :p

#33 Posted by Dajjal (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Her voice alone disqualifies her for the role...

#34 Posted by iloverobots (455 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Devil Tiger said:
" Maybe in a Ultimate style, but no way in 616. "
Well since the new movies are suppose to be based around Ultimate, that could work.
#35 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

But, but... Where's the booty?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!! Spider-Woman's booty is important! :P

Support the NBNR Bill: No Booty No Role :P
#36 Posted by jamdown (294 posts) - - Show Bio

if we take her face and put it on megan fox's body, we just might have a decent spider girl...either way they both make me want to puck a fetus
#37 Posted by brendon277 (513 posts) - - Show Bio

OK i'm still confused who the hell will Play Spiderman? i heard it would be Zac Efron then the dude from that Lightning Movie. but who will play him???

#38 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah no. she dont got it. i mean, she has them come f*@# me slut eyes down, but Spiderwoman is more about the sensuality. A guy is supposed to look at her and have absolutely NO idea why he wants to cheat on his wife with her. With Hudgens, he knows exactly why, and its perverted.

#39 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I call B.S. on this as well.
#40 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

She's hot enough to play her

#41 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Spider-WOMAN not Spider-GIRL. 

#42 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder if shes gonna oops in the movie like she did with the video pics lmao.

Id go to see that....omg im going to hell

#43 Posted by Overguardian (88 posts) - - Show Bio
@Namor1987: Uuhhh....whut? What is that a euphemism for, I'm missing something
#44 Posted by Overguardian (88 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gylan Thomas: Hear hear!
#45 Posted by squiresmadnessmachine (303 posts) - - Show Bio

olivia munn sucks 
spider woman is epic always been one of my favorites and if they do make a movie i will be stoked    
#46 Edited by greenenvy (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because Disney bought marvel doesn't mean Disney stars should play marvel characters. Don't start  with me  Disney or damn you to hell. THERE IS STILL A FINE LINE BETWEEN DISNEY AND MARVEL EVEN THOU THEY ARE JOINED NOW. 

#47 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

She can't act, and she can barely sing.  So no. 
#48 Posted by Kenjav (155 posts) - - Show Bio

No way, she's too young. But Sora is right, she could be Liz Allan. Not that is a good idea itself, but it's probable.

#49 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no she better not be!
#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" Nice "article". Are these deliberately incendiary? This is like the 20th unsubstantiated article about a comic book movie role. This one even says it is not to be believed in the first sentence. If you click the link, it is revealed that she is only even rumored to want to play the part. This is a waste of space. "
Damn, well tell us how you REALLY feel, Korg.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.