The Relationship of Spider-Man and Spider-Woman

#1 Posted by darthfury78 (761 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally. I would have liked it better if they had develop a strong mutual relationship between Jessica Drew x Peter Parker. There is a lot of potential for Jessica Drew. It all depends on the writer. But I feel that a connection with Peter Parker might make things interesting. Especially if he could have helped her out with a device that could allow her to control her Pheromone powers like an on/off switch. I have always wanted to see a strong partnership develop between them. But there was never an interest among past writers to do so. And I never understood why Spider-Woman wants a relationship with Clint of all people.

#2 Posted by daredevil21134 (10767 posts) - - Show Bio

She should be with Daredevil xd

#3 Posted by fodigg (6144 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want any sort of romance there, but some sort of connection might not hurt. That said, he has a connection to other Spider-People, it doesn't necessarily matter that Jessica Drew comes from a totally different origin. Her powers are totally different.

#4 Edited by darthfury78 (761 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

I don't want any sort of romance there, but some sort of connection might not hurt. That said, he has a connection to other Spider-People, it doesn't necessarily matter that Jessica Drew comes from a totally different origin. Her powers are totally different.

I would rather see Peter's friendship with Jessica Drew develop in the same manner as it has with Carol Danvers. A relationship that is on the Pals level and would serve as an alternate to the Black Cat as Spidey's partner in a guest spot. While they may share the Spider name, their power set and personalities are different, with one exception: Both are loners and might share a lot in common with each other if they actually got to work together outside of the Avengers like Peter does with Carol Danvers. Peter relationship with Captain Marvel is the type of friendship that he no longer has with Felicia Hardy because he can't go out with her out of costume as he could with either Carol or Jessica since both of them already knows his secret identity.

#5 Posted by fodigg (6144 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78 said:

@fodigg said:

I would rather see Peter's friendship with Jessica Drew develop in the same manner as it has with Carol Danvers. A relationship that is on the Pals level and would serve as an alternate to the Black Cat as Spidey's partner in a guest spot. While they may share the Spider name, their power set and personalities are different, with one exception: Both are loners and might share a lot in common with each other if they actually got to work together outside of the Avengers like Peter does with Carol Danvers. Peter relationship with Captain Marvel is the type of friendship that he no longer has with Felicia Hardy because he can't go out with her out of costume as he could with either Carol or Jessica since both of them already knows his secret identity.

Good comparison, but see, I could see a romance with Carol. Or with She-Hulk.

#6 Edited by darthfury78 (761 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: It all depends on the writer and what they want. Although, Bendis did hint a bit of sexual chemistry between Spider-Man x Spider-Woman. If those two were to have a relationship, Jessica would treat Peter a whole lot differently than she does with Hawkeye. But, I don't expect a romantic relationship to occur with Spider-Man and a super heroine. But the idea that there are heroines who are interested in Peter Parker could serve as an alternate to the Black Cat, if the writer doesn't want to use Felicia Hardy. Spider-Woman is certainly an alternate example for Spider-Man as his partner in a story arc.

#7 Posted by ArachneSF (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I could totally see Jessica and Peter having a romantic relationship. They'd totally compliment each other with there somewhat spider-related powers and at the same time having completely different backgrounds. What would be even better is a Marvel Team-Up title Spider-Woman and Spider-Man. They'd totally kick ass! I would like to see how Peter would react to Jessica's pheromones. He would probably fall madly in love with her.

Josh

http://facebook.com/VariantEditionJC

#8 Posted by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like her to be more of a sis o Peter!

The same goes for kaine and venom.Its time the spider family unites!

#9 Posted by Degalon (737 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon:

I don't think Kaine would make a very good sister.

#10 Posted by darthfury78 (761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

I doubt that Jessica sees Peter as a brother type figure.

#11 Posted by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

@Degalon said:

@Squalleon:

I don't think Kaine would make a very good sister.

i was talking about spiderwoman

I just want them to form a bond!Not a releationship more of a family type

@darthfury78 said:

@Squalleon said:

I doubt that Jessica sees Peter as a brother type figure.

well handled correctly and having enough time between them they change their minds

#12 Posted by darthfury78 (761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: I always thought that Susan Storm was more of a sister to Spider-Man than anyone else.

#13 Edited by GhostRider88 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Doesn't Spiderwoman date Morbius now? LOl that was incredibly random, sorry.

#14 Posted by daredevil21134 (10767 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by GhostRider88 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Yeah, I was kidding, just to throw out something random. Morbius is like the last person in the Marvel universe who would ever hit that but it'd be cool though.

#16 Posted by daredevil21134 (10767 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Yeah, I was kidding, just to throw out something random. Morbius is like the last person in the Marvel universe who would ever hit that but it'd be cool though.

lol

#17 Edited by darthfury78 (761 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that Jessica has a soft spot for Peter Parker the moment she got to know him. Her feelings for him are on par with Mary Jane/Carol Danvers/Felicia Hardy all rolled up into one. Whenever they work together, they feel like an old married couple.

#18 Posted by GhostRider88 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78: Yeah, I agree. I guess it depends though on the comic book series. I know in New Avengers vol.1, they were pretty close friends. I'm just wondering, do you remember which series you're referring too? I'd like to dig deeper and see.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.