Spider-Woman Movie...

#1 Posted by sky-pirate (111 posts) - - Show Bio

In the event, that there's ever a Spider-Woman/(Girl) movie, which Spider-Woman(/Girl) do you think they should use? Jessica? Jennifer? Mattie? Ultimate Jessica? Mayday? Anya?

Anyone know who's got the movie rights to the female spiders? I'm speculating that it's Sony (as they are spin-offs of Spider-Man). If that's the case, mainstream Jessica would be off the table (due to her origin involves High Evolutionary and Hydra). If it's Marvel, Ultimate Jessica and Mayday are off the table, as they're Spider-Man's clone and daughter (i.e. you have to have Peter appear or at least be referenced).

#2 Edited by Strider92 (16296 posts) - - Show Bio

@sky-pirate: I'm not sure if Sony own the rights to Spider-woman but having said that even if they didn't i'm not sure Marvel would make a Spider-Woman movie simply because of the fact it would confuse viewers.

I mean it could be done. Spider-man didn't have a very heavy influence on her. I think the only thing he did was convince her to use her powers for good which I guess is a rather big turning point but they could rewrite that part. I would quite like a Spider-Woman movie (mainly because its an excuse to bring Taskmaster into the Marvel cinematic-verse! Hellz Yeah! Taskmaster woooooooo!) but I think due to Spider-man the chances of a Spider-Woman movie are very low.

but if they made one it should be Jessica. Although I could get on board with Julia Carpenter as well.

#3 Posted by DoctorOctopus (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't mind a Spider-Woman movie, but yes. It should be Jessica Drew.

Perhaps in a future Avengers installment? If Sony doesn't own the S-W cinematic rights ....

#4 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

Just as long as who ever plays her is stacked.

#5 Posted by daredevil21134 (11528 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoboShark said:

Just as long as who ever plays her is stacked.

nice

#6 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I've just given this some thought, and these are them:

• Jessica Drew, portrayed by Jennifer Connelly works for S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • In the S.H.I.E.L.D. movie, she infiltrates modern day HYDRA
  • powers could actually be handwaved. She got them due to her father altering her at a genetic level with radiation yadda yadda yadda, it's quite simple to glaze over.
  • Her codename should be Arachne, because A) No-one would take her seriously with the name Spider-Woman and would dismiss her instantly as a Spider-Man knock-off, and B) Because everyone would get uber pissed that since Spider-Man belongs to Sony, Marvel Studios would just be throwing Spider-Woman out as a cheap substitute.

So, they're my thoughts!

#7 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

I would not be supprised if they did make a Spider-Woman movie. I mean the Female heroes always get more movie then the guys. I mean example Devil May Cry has come out way before Bloodrayne and Bloodrayne already has 3 Movies under its belt. Not Fair : (

#8 Posted by hyperman (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@sky-pirate said:

If that's the case, mainstream Jessica would be off the table (due to her origin involves High Evolutionary and Hydra).

I don't think it would be a problem , the producers can modify her origin and mix itwith the other spiderwomen's origins. They always do that , for instance the Huntress and Black Canary from the BoP series, Batgirl from Batman and Robin movie, Tim Drake from Batman the animated series, amd so forth.

#9 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

I would not be supprised if they did make a Spider-Woman movie. I mean the Female heroes always get more movie then the guys. I mean example Devil May Cry has come out way before Bloodrayne and Bloodrayne already has 3 Movies under its belt. Not Fair : (

Are you kidding?

Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Punisher, Superman, Batman, Green Lantern

uuh..... Elektra, and Catwoman.

Superheroines get SCREWED in Hollywood.

#10 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

just put her in a cap movie

#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

There will NEVER be a Spider-woman movie.

#12 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@jcbart said:

Are you kidding?

Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Punisher, Superman, Batman, Green Lantern

uuh..... Elektra, and Catwoman.

Superheroines get SCREWED in Hollywood.

And both of those movies sucked.

#13 Posted by Eyelash30 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

I would nominated Jennifer Connelly as Spiderwoman 20 years ago. I would prefer Kate Beckinsale or Michelle Monaghan as Jessica Drew/ Spiderwoman.

#14 Posted by mitchelmurphy (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@sky-pirate: Jessica Drew, Hands down.

#15 Posted by KillerZ (1604 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Do you really want Devil May Cry to have "movies" like BloodRayne?

#16 Posted by Essentialtonystark (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see a Spider Woman movie but I think that the chance is low because she is not as popular as Spider Man.

#17 Edited by ArachneSF (8 posts) - - Show Bio

A Spider-Woman movie with Jessica Drew definitely. Her origin and storyline would make the best script. You have a terrorist organizations, spies, double agents, supernatural and dark scientific experiments. It's a recipe for a Block Buster :) My pick for an actor would have to be British actresses Hayley Atwell (Captain America: The First Avenger) or Gemma Aterton (Prince of Persia). I've always pictured Jessica Drew with a British accent.

Josh

http://www.facebook.com/VariantEditionJC

#18 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Jessica Drew would totally work following Captain America 2 and I can see this happening at last, set up at the end of avengers 2 and the lead villain / hero in captain America 3...fingers crossed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.