Spider-Woman Motion Comic #1 REVIEWED, Is It Good?

Posted by G-Man (30677 posts) - - Show Bio

I know some people are on the fence with this digital/motion comic.  No one is saying it will replace the traditional printed comics, at least not at the moment.  Is the Spider-Woman motion comic worth a dollar?  Check out the review and see if you agree with my opinion or not. 

Do you still feel the same?  Are you planning on downloading this now?  Do you want to see more of these from time to time?
Staff Online
#1 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

I like having digital comic archives online. It's great for people who want to find out and read the back stories, but can't hunt down every back issue.

I was iffy about these digital comics that are made for the format, but the production of this Spiderwoman comic looks really good. Even the voice acting. I like the accent.

#2 Posted by G-Man (30677 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as the U.S. iTunes question/problem that was raised the other day, Bendis did tweet this earlier:

i am sorry for the only in america itunes thing. its only for the moment i believe. i am not part of the distribution deals. it is coming

Staff Online
#3 Posted by hawkiloudo (2 posts) - - Show Bio

those are more of movies can u even call that a comic? no, im not for this at all. not as magical.. lol

#4 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to read this soooo much but as a comic! Spider-Womans current role in the U has got me so interested but I don't have Itunes.

#5 Posted by G-Man (30677 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:
" I want to read this soooo much but as a comic! Spider-Womans current role in the U has got me so interested but I don't have Itunes. "
I mentioned HERE that there will be a printed comics in stores on September 23.  You can also see a few pages in the preview.
Staff Online
#6 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, maybe if it was about someone other than spider-woman I'd be interested. plus Bendis is getting old I'm kinda sick of him.

#7 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

If only they sold that at the comic store.

#8 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kind of cool...but I really hate Spider-Woman...
#9 Posted by ulrich200 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

me too

#10 Edited by TheOmegaMan (165 posts) - - Show Bio

How do I put this mildly...This is the lamest idea i've ever heard of. They might as well just make it a cartoon if it is going digital. I'd much rather pick up the traditional classic comic book. 

But, no offense to anyone that likes it :P
#11 Posted by Lyrad (369 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Spider-Woman..... Why is it I always seem to like characters that others hate??    She has a hard life, put in to positions she doesn't want to be but can't get out of them. 

I also like this idea of motion comics.   I'm not saying I would pick motion digital comics over the real thing, but as a quick, on the go, something to listen/watch on my iPod, I think it's a great idea. It's new and the artwork looks good.  But, as always, living in the UK, I'll have to wait a while. Top one. 

Oh...... And I'm no DC expert, but does G-Man have a silver Green Lantern ring on his right hand????     Am I right or am I just a Marvel geek that doesn't have a clue when it comes to DC?
#12 Posted by rouju (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda cool, though, I first read digital / moving comic on PSP "Metal Gear Solid", cool (maybe cuz the story is good from the start)
#13 Posted by Legacy_ (10411 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually LIKED it and it left me wanting more.  The ending gave me one simple question..."What happens next?"

#14 Posted by Lyrad (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@Closure said:
"I actually LIKED it and it left me wanting more.  The ending gave me one simple question..."What happens next?" "

Thats always a good ending!
#15 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

FREAKIN AWESOME! I LOVE IT!

#16 Posted by Stealthfart (22 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man...do you enjoy the smell of your comics too? <.<  >.>

#17 Posted by G-Man (30677 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stealthfart said:
" G-Man...do you enjoy the smell of your comics too? <.<  >.> "
Someone mentioned that in another thread.  I don't usually smell mine.
Staff Online
#18 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

really not a fan of drew's accent, had to give my iphone back cause i lost my job >=P
#19 Posted by Kyle C (96 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69 said:
" really not a fan of drew's accent "
Seriously, what century is she living in?
#20 Posted by G-Man (30677 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lyrad said:
" I like Spider-Woman..... Why is it I always seem to like characters that others hate??    She has a hard life, put in to positions she doesn't want to be but can't get out of them.  I also like this idea of motion comics.   I'm not saying I would pick motion digital comics over the real thing, but as a quick, on the go, something to listen/watch on my iPod, I think it's a great idea. It's new and the artwork looks good.  But, as always, living in the UK, I'll have to wait a while. Top one.  Oh...... And I'm no DC expert, but does G-Man have a silver Green Lantern ring on his right hand????     Am I right or am I just a Marvel geek that doesn't have a clue when it comes to DC? "
Bendis mentioned that a non-iTunes/U.S. thing is being worked on right now.

And yes, that is a silver Green Lantern ring I wear on my right hand.
Staff Online
#21 Edited by mattydeNero (520 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know.  I don't have an iPhone(I wish I did), and the book is released on Sept. 2.  I mean, I'd love to see it.  I'm sure it is a fiver for sure.  But the book is coming out so I'll stay tragically-hip and buy the book.  I do have the promo poster on my wall.  I love Spider-Woman, and she's got a British accent.  I never use a British accent for Jess with the part of my brain that dubs comics(like Kevin Conroy's voice whenever I read Bruce Wayne-Batman).  Sweet.  New voice stylization registered.
#22 Posted by Obsurity (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a fan of spider-woman heck other than the secret invasion I haven' t paid any attention to her. So I was a little apprehensive about getting this issue but it's only a buck... I don't see why ppl don't like these motion comics. Right now it's the top download for animated series. If someone is a collector how many times can someone read an issue? I got some comics that I haven't touch in a freaking decade, I'm only 22! It serves as a decent outlet for ppl to revisit old issue, catch up to or get ppl into comics. I prefer paper but I could see myself getting a series if they start publishing more. I love the special Sword iphone... The issue was okay I didn't get much of a hook. Ok, she's out for revenge going where most heros won't go. I'd give it a 2.5 out of 5
#23 Posted by Jamiracles (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything Bendis is up to I'd LOVE to give it a shot. 1.99 aint bad at all.

#24 Posted by MJ Styles (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Paid, Downloaded, and Loved.

#25 Posted by G-Man (30677 posts) - - Show Bio
@mattydee007 said:
" I don't know.  I don't have an iPhone(I wish I did), and the book is released on Sept. 2.  I mean, I'd love to see it.  I'm sure it is a fiver for sure.  But the book is coming out so I'll stay tragically-hip and buy the book.  I do have the promo poster on my wall.  I love Spider-Woman, and she's got a British accent.  I never use a British accent for Jess with the part of my brain that dubs comics(like Kevin Conroy's voice whenever I read Bruce Wayne-Batman).  Sweet.  New voice stylization registered. "
September 23.  The motion comics is said to have art that won't be seen in the comics.
Staff Online
#26 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed this. I'm prefer an actual comic, but its a good chance to watch it. The story was enjoyable too. I'm not a huge fan of Spider-Woman's voice though. I don't know, its not the voice I would have choose for her.

#27 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

It was interesting. I will like the comic better though.

#28 Posted by Nelsonalot (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather have a smugged and bent comic than not havng one at all.

#29 Posted by Twiglight (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to read a physical copy of a comic
#30 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont like it.   But if you do cool... i can see the interest.
#31 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have an ipod or an iphone but I don't actuall think that I should get this anyway. I don't really care to see this.

#32 Posted by skirata_24 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Spider Woman is British, so I'm suprised G-Man and anyone else who had a different idea of how Jessica sounded thought that.  

Secondly, who brings a comic to the bathroom while you're brushing your teeth? I mean I see the point G-Man was getting at, but come on.  

Not  fan of this digital comic thing, its works okay as a one shot, but a comic should always be a comic! 22 - 32 pages, physical to touch and, yes, smell.
#33 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Folks this is going to happen.  Just like Amazon.com is selling books digitally on their Kindle, aaaand Apple is rumored to be soon to release a iReader to download books from iTunes, people will read books and comic books digitally.

I don't think people will want to go with the motion comics though ( with the voice overs ) because they just seem like incomplete attempts at creating an actual cartoon.

Staff
#34 Posted by Secret Identity (223 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS is what i want to do as a career pathway when i get out of uni. I think i will download this just to see what they've done with it. Hate spiderwoman but this looks alot better than i thought it would. (i thought it would just be a digital comic) Brilliant. Thanks for the Review.

#35 Posted by sora_thekey (8154 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so I've watched the review... now I'm going to have to get it somehow.........
#36 Posted by CaptHowdy (194 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: cool thanks... looking forward to checking these out when they are avail in Canada.
#37 Posted by TheHood (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know if Spider-Woman #1 (which is due out first week of September) is this motion comic, but in old fashioned printed format?
#38 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks and sounds top-notch!!!

#39 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

The first episode was good. The animation was kinda' cool and I liked how Spiderman showed up at the end to play all sorts of mind games. I didn't like that about half of it was on that bus though. It got annoying after a while.    

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.