Spider-Woman in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

#1 Posted by BaronVonDredd (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Guaranteed, Sony is not gonna simply let go of Spider-Man so he can go back to Marvel Studios. However, there is one thing I'm curious about: Does Sony even have the rights to Spider-Woman? Technically speaking, Jessica Drew is not exactly a true member of the Spider-Man universe or continuity, as her origins are derived from HYDRA and SHIELD, and  not anything related to Peter Parker himself. Also, Sony has made no attempt to include Jessica in any Spider-Man film so far. None of you can probably answer this, but does Marvel Studios still own the rights to Spidey's female counterpart? Do you think she should be included in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Could this be an image of the near future for Marvel Studios films?
#2 Posted by SuperXAsh (512 posts) - - Show Bio

it's not an IMPOSSIBILITY, though I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. ;)

#3 Posted by Warrior-4-ever (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Woman is not apart of the Spider-Man group. Sony has the rights to the Spider-Man universe [Spidey and his cast of friends and villains] and since Jessica is not apart of that universe she can appear in any future Avengers movies if they wish to include her.

#4 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6408 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see her in her own film, or with The Avengers.

#5 Posted by young_beamer (127 posts) - - Show Bio

they should introduce her in the avengers, as agent jessica drew. there could be a scene where her case file says codename: spiderwoman.

#6 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, her Ultimate Universe counterpart might void that, given that she's a clone of Peter to explain her Spider powers there. Then again, maybe they're actually noted as different characters in the contract.

#7 Posted by young_beamer (127 posts) - - Show Bio
i want a sleek black shield version of this
or an iron man style of this one

#8 Posted by BoyWonder3 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Skye from Agents of SHIELD will turn out to be Jessica Drew and later become Spider-Woman.

#9 Edited by HumanRocket (8601 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see her join the ranks one day. Became a fan of her during the New Avengers run when she stabbed Wolverine with his own claw.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.