Follow

Spider-Woman

Character » Spider-Woman appears in 2390 issues.

Spider-Woman is an Avenger and spy who got her powers from an experiment gone wrong. She has been an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and S.W.O.R.D., as well as a Private Investigator. Jessica was a crucial character in Marvel's Secret Invasion comic book event.

She's not suppose to have her powers as I recall

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Legacy_

When Hydra promised Jessica that they would give her powers back, the Queen of the Skrulls replaced her after Drew went unconscious.  So, right there at that moment the new Spider-Woman was born (Skrull) and the original was never given her powers back.  Yet, in the Spider-Woman ongoing series, written by Bendis -- Jessica Drew has her powers again?  Did I miss something?
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

It could be that for the Skrull Queen to perfectly take Jessica's powers, memories and such they needed to reactivate the powers within Jessica herself. That's how I see it.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3  Edited By The_Martian
    @Closure said:
    "
    written by Bendis "
    There's your answer.
    Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Legacy_
    @Nobody said:
    " @Closure said:
    "
    written by Bendis "
    There's your answer. "

Oh lol.  I like the book actually its just the power explanation made my brain itch
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By iLLituracy

The Skrulls gave her her power back. Not Hydra. It's in that same book that scan came from. In order to take her powers, they most likely gave her powers back. Veranke didn't gain her powers through Hydra.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.