can spider-woman fly ?

Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm really confused now. i always thought & knew that spider-woman CAN'T fly but she can glide on air using her web-wings. but on her wiki page ,it says she is now able to fly ,after the secret invasion ,without the use of the gliding wings. but in "spider-woman: agent of sword" she couldn't fly & save herself when she was falling from a bulding ,actually she jumped from the roof & then said "oh crap, i can't fly ,without the wings on my costume i can't glide on air". and the story took place after the secret invasion. but in avengers vol.4 she is able to fly ,& she is also able to stand on one place & hover like athor full-flying charecters do. so what ? is she able to fly without the costume ?

#1 Edited by Strider92 (16264 posts) - - Show Bio

@walteion: Spider-woman has gained the ability to fly. It happened after the operation gave her powers back:

#2 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: wow. thanks alot! where did u get this scan from ,what series ,what issue ?

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought only the Skrull version could fly? She was a skrull in New and Mighty Avenger up until the end of Secret Invasion.

#4 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

I thought only the Skrull version could fly? She was a skrull in New and Mighty Avenger up until the end of Secret Invasion.

Yeah, that's true. Jessica can only glide.

#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

The correct answer is "sorta"

#6 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

In AvX she needed a flight suit thing so I assume she just glides

#7 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

@Vance Astro said:

Yeah, that's true. Jessica can only glide.

actually she gained the power to fly after she came back ,the skrulls gave her this power ,i gess. didn't u see the scan up there ? and i also have alot of scans from avengers vol 4 where she is hovering and standing on air. so she must be able to fly without her costume now!

#8 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

In AvX she needed a flight suit thing so I assume she just glides

what issue so i can go and check it ?

#9 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@walteion: #6 during the Avengers' mission to Utopia

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@walteion said:

actually she gained the power to fly after she came back ,the skrulls gave her this power ,i gess. didn't u see the scan up there ? and i also have alot of scans from avengers vol 4 where she is hovering and standing on air. so she must be able to fly without her costume now!

That's not Jessica, it's Queen Veranke. If I'm not mistaken that scan if from New Avengers #14. Jessica doesn't appear in New Avengers until Vol.2 because she was a skrull. 
#11 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@walteion said:

That's not Jessica, it's Queen Veranke. If I'm not mistaken that scan if from New Avengers #14. Jessica doesn't appear in New Avengers until Vol.2 because she was a skrull.

really ? i'm sorry but i've missed alot of new avengers issues, but i still say that she gained the ability to fly after she got her powers back. how can she stand on one place on air if she only glids ? could it be a problem from the artist ? but that can't be cuz alot of artists r doing the same thing ,i don't like the ides of her flying ,i loved the whole gliding thing but writers seemed to give her this power after secret invasion.

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@walteion said:

really ? i'm sorry but i've missed alot of new avengers issues, but i still say that she gained the ability to fly after she got her powers back. how can she stand on one place on air if she only glids ? could it be a problem from the artist ? but that can't be cuz alot of artists r doing the same thing ,i don't like the ides of her flying ,i loved the whole gliding thing but writers seemed to give her this power after secret invasion.

I don't know whether she can fly or not, i'm just saying the scan above isn't Jessica.
#13 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

i just read "spider island :spider-woman" and she is flying there without the gliders. so she does have the power of flight.

#14 Posted by Veitha (3035 posts) - - Show Bio

During "Agent of S.W.O.R.D." she said that she can fly only while she wears her costume

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.