Awesome Toy Picks: Marvel Select Spider-Woman

Posted by G-Man (30652 posts) - - Show Bio

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible and see how it stacks up. Diamond Select's Marvel Select line is known for putting out detailed figures. They make great additions to your collection and look great on display.

Usually when the search is on for action figures and collectibles, you tend to see mostly male figures. Diamond Select has reissued some of their figures and Spider-Woman became available once again.

As with all their figures, the packaging is almost deceiving. They manage to cram in so much some how. It should be mentioned that you'll have to deal with some twist ties in order to remove everything. And there is some minor assembly required.

== TEASER ==

The back of the packaging also contains information on Spider-Woman.

But of course the real selling point is how it looks outside of the package.

Yes, it's a Between the Legs Shot.

You can see, besides just Spider-Woman, there are some Hydra Agents after her.

There's a removable spider-sting you can attach to her wrist if you want to mix up the action a little.

The base has a good amount of detail to it. You can see how posable she is. While you might enjoy having her simply on display, she comes with a lot of articulation allowing you to move her around.

There's also a removable fire pit that looks pretty cool.

So it's time to add a little female touch to your collection. Spider-Woman is a great character and was well-deserving of having an action figure made out of her. WIth the reissue, you should be able to pick this one up once again.

That's it for this week. We'll be at C2E2 next week but will do our best to get another collectible featured here.

Staff
#1 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

That is one awesome Spider-Woman! :)

#2 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

What scale are the Diamond Select figures? Are they similar to the Marvel Universe stuff or the Marvel Legends figures?

#3 Posted by HolySerpent (12461 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn so close

#4 Posted by Freefa11 (2337 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking: They are a bit bigger than Marvel Legends, around 7 inches instead of 6.

#5 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Das pretty cool. I would like to see an Ultimate Spider-Woman action figure

#6 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't quite get the big deal of why people don't like her costume. Yeah, it's not great, Dagger's outfit is much more revealing, and that a cut out in the front, or Power Girl's cleavage window. This is just a design on the front.

@blur1528:

Agreed. Ultimate Spider-Woman has a pretty cool design.

#7 Posted by Dawn_ (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the details they did, especially on the Hydra symbols...nicely done.

#8 Posted by tamabone (119 posts) - - Show Bio
@blur1528
YES  we need an Ultimate Spider-Woman variant figure NOW!
#9 Posted by longbowhunter (6785 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never really understood Spider Woman. Her powers, how they are spider based, why she flies. Cool figure though.

#10 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@Freefa11: Thanks a lot.

#11 Posted by Arachnokrypt (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to play with Spider-Woman. She's really flexible so I can position her anyways I like.

#12 Posted by Johnnyjavavee (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arachnokrypt: uhhhhh... still just made outta plastic man

#13 Posted by wmwadeii (3219 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or does the leg sockets look wrong. Maybe its just the positioning of the legs. IMO not as good as some of the other Select Series

#14 Posted by The Impersonator (5030 posts) - - Show Bio

A Spider-Stripper! =P

#15 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

Face could be a little better but its not to bad I guess

#16 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Woman has gotta be one of my least favourite characters in comics. She absolutely does nothing for me personally.

#17 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

really cool figure. love jessica drew!

#18 Posted by MexFaletti (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator said:

A Spider-Stripper! =P

Lol haven't seen it that way before. She sorta looks like go-go-dancing for those Hydra boys. All they need are bills instead of guns!

#19 Posted by ka385385 (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

I only have marvel legends that one spider-woman.

#20 Posted by DataLore (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a huge Spider-Women fan, but this is pretty neat.

#21 Posted by Scarlett_Wiccan (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it :)

#22 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

lol nice

#23 Posted by scarlettwyst (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh! They changed the box and the toy a bit - i have the older one and her pit-wings are not yellow, and the box actually has the logo that looks like her face, vs the more Black Widowy one here. That said, i really enjoy the figure.

#24 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I have question, Where would i talk about TMNT Toys?

#25 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to have this one. She went off to a little girl in a welfare complex. Have to start em young. (:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.