yeopop's Spider-Man review

• yeopop wrote this review on .
  • yeopop has written a total of 78 reviews. The last one was for Hush

Birth of a hero

I have to admit that I had no big expectations for Spider-man but I had a big surprise to see the film was entertaining.

Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) is a nerd, a boy living with his uncles Ben and May, and in love with the girl next door, Mary Jane (Kirsten Dunst). One day at the museum his life changes when a spider bites him combining her DNA with his. Meanwhile, Norman Osborn (Willem Dafoe) receives bad news from the CEO of his company saying he’s out of the business, all thanks to bad results of glider for the militaries. Norman Osborn decides to test a serum with himself but the results bring terrible consequences. One night, Peter’s life changes forever when his uncles is shot dead in the street and kills the assassin he helped to escape of the police.

Director Sam Raimi makes a great job with this adaptation of the comic hero with a fresh story and bringing new elements, like the web Peter can make with his body, or the tender and wisdom that aunt May (Rosemary Harris) and uncle Ben (Cliff Robertson) bring to the story. Also a good job from James Franco playing Peter’s best friend Harry Osborn and J.K. Simmons as J.J. Jameson. Good special effects that make the story furiously-paced.