Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

You really should read Ultimate Spider-man

• 67 results
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

@punyparker: Ah so the New 52 got you into him then? I'd advise sticking with Unchained and Action Comics then.

don't tell him that! let him experience some of the true Superman from Pre52....Joe Kelly's run, Geoff Johns run, Kurt Busiek's run, Bryne's Man of Steel, Loeb's For all Seasons, Birthright, Kingdom Come, Secret Identity, All Star Superman, For the Man who has Everything, Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow?

all great reads showcasing the REAL Superman

I was only referring to what he should read in the New 52. All those other ones are quintessential reading too :P

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By PunyParker
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

Ultimate Spider-Man is good, but you should remove the scans from the OP because it actually makes it looks sorta shitty.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@teerack said:

Ultimate Spider-Man is good, but you should remove the scans from the OP because it actually makes it looks sorta shitty.

what?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

what?

My post meant what it said....

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @danhimself said:

@teerack said:

what?

how does it make it look "shitty"?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Teerack

@teerack said:
    @danhimself said:

@teerack said:

what?

Because it's a random out of context moment that doesn't really seem cool or matter to anything who hasn't read it. The scan is also low quality, blurry, with really faded colors and doesn't represent the typical quality of the art at all.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By danhimself

@teerack said:
    @danhimself said:

@teerack said:
    @danhimself said:

@teerack said:

what?

Because it's a random out of context moment that doesn't really seem cool or matter to anything who hasn't read it. The scan is also low quality, blurry, with really faded colors and doesn't represent the typical quality of the art at all.

it doesn't seem cool to you...to me it represents just how out of his element Peter is when he first started as Spider-man...up until that point all he had done was have one brief tussle with Norman, an easy fight with Otto, and that stuff with the Kingpin...with this he was thrown in to the deep end and it was against a truly evil man and it was shown just how evil Norman is in the scan...he's a truly irredeemable person...not like Otto was at the beginning when he was just plain confused...you can see the terror in Peter's eyes...he really has no idea what to do at this point....as for the quality of the scan....that's really not low quality...I've seen scans that are 100 times worse than that and the colors really aren't that bad either...sure it's not from something like comixology but there are worse

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Bagley's art is pretty sh-tty at times, though.

BB

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BB

I know what you mean....whenever he does stuff for DC I always seem to dislike it but his art on USM I don't think ever suffered in quality...at least I can't think of any times where I thought that it looked bad there

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By Billy Batson

@billy_batson said:

BB

I know what you mean....whenever he does stuff for DC I always seem to dislike it but his art on USM I don't think ever suffered in quality...at least I can't think of any times where I thought that it looked bad there

He did pretty good splash pages but I didn't like some of the faces and the covers.

BB

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@danhimself: @lvenger: Ok,you're a gay couple who adopted me....(HA!)

@teerack said:

what?

I recall the "what" part.....

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@billy_batson said:

BB

He did pretty good splash pages but I didn't like some of the faces and the covers.

BB

I guess that comes down to personal preference...I can see why you wouldn't like his faces at time though...his faces tend to look kind of rubbery at times....but his Spider-man for me is always just plain perfect...even when he worked on the 616 Spidey in the 90's during the Clone Saga...you can tell that his Ultimate Spider-man is much younger than his 616 Spider-man

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.