Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

X-men a nd their attitude towards him....

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By w0nd

Is there a reason they are being such d*cks towards him... I mean people love storm on here, but she seems to be a huge b*tch. I am all for powerful women but she flat out is just horrible to him. Aside from her power set her personality is not likeable to me... she treats bobby like crap too.

Beast one of the more likeable and open minded x-men was also being a huge jerk towards him. The same guy who abused time travel called out pete for not curing the lizard.

I assume these events are before and after AXIS so their personality towards him shouldn't be blamed on that. Did spider-man do something to them? They treated him better when Otto was in control, they even let him walk when he decked wolverine.

Bad writing or is there a reason for the hostile attitudes?

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Spider-Man DID cure Lizard (repeatedly actually... Hank, why the blue fur again?)

Spider-Man and Storm have had their ups and downs, but yeah... Beast and Iceman are just a bit extra hostile to this idea.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Yeah they are out of character. They were even nicer to Kaine despite the fact he smacked Beast around, smashed Ice Man and cut Wolverines heart in two lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Makes no sense, I agree.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92:

Heck, they were nicer to Otto when he smashed Wolverine into the pavement

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

apparently the original X members are being cold with him. As for the students, they started messing with him like kids normally would with a new teacher. However prior to the end of the first issue i felt they started to like Spidey and even gain somewhat of trust with him.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome to the new Marvel!!!

kaine_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its just the plot. The biggest thing is what Bobby said, why should a non mutant be a guidance counselor at a mutant school. Its not a good look. Looks like the need avengers to monitor them. And I dont think axis has anything to do with it because scott is not there, neither apocalypse. Remember in axis all X-Men came back together

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10 dernman  Online

@kaine_17 said:

The biggest thing is what Bobby said, why should a non mutant be a guidance counselor at a mutant school. Its not a good look. Looks like the need avengers to monitor them.

Actually I find that is a way of thinking that has been happening more an more in the X-Books even among the supposedly moderate mutants.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A quick nonsensical change in attitude as plot device.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was totally stupid to see Storm and Beast act that way, towards one of their greatest allies. Peter been there everytime they needed him and now they were acting like Queen and King idiots.

Peter personality irritates me sometimes. That's why I like Kaine better. If it was Kaine taking that sh#t he would have told them to their faces "Oh! Excuse me, miss high and mighty that only seems to get into other people's problems and issues, when you can even fix your owns. And you! Yeah! You, fur ball. How many catastrophes have you created this week!? Have you manage to fu#k up timestream for good, or are you working on creating a new drug that will put mutants powers going haywire! I'm here because Logan asked me to, so if you don't respect me, respect his wishes and leave me be. Got it!"

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel the X-men were rude for the sake of the story. the X-men are usually cool with spider-man as long as there's no confusion like during secret wars or the many times the X-men were so convinced he was a mutant. im surprised neither iceman, beast, or firestar stood up for him since they have the closest friendship

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the X-men are hypocritical, sanctimonious, jerks so I expect such behavior from these clowns. Thankfully that heinous abomination Jean Grey and Wolverine have been removed from the board even if the latter is temporary coming back in two years.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was actually more surprised that Iceman was a jerk to him and Firestar didn't say anything to support him...

Aren't those two supposed to be Spidey's friends...

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@awesomeperson: most of the x-Men were Spidey's friends. This is all out of character.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tyger

@awesomeperson said:

I was actually more surprised that Iceman was a jerk to him and Firestar didn't say anything to support him...

Aren't those two supposed to be Spidey's friends...

Not as much Firestar. (The cartoon was supposed to be Human Torch, but he was tied up with another studio.) The problem I think he has is that the ones that would back him up... are mostly dead or on Cyclops's team. (Though Beast and Iceman had me scratching my head a little.)

Loved the interaction with Toad though.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: Who is on Cyclops Team that would back Spidey up...

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AwesomePerson

@angelalfonso: Kitty doesn't really know Spidey that well too support him...

On the Jean Grey School Team though, there is Beast, Iceman, Storm, Firestar and Rachel apparently that could have supported him...

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson: Know of anyplace that has a good flowchart for who is on which teams? It's so hard to keep up with anymore...

Anyways, X-People and Spider-Man relationships:

Beast: Of the X-Men, has had the most team ups. BUT.... they're almost the same character. Strong, agile, brilliant minds, witty quips. Beast feeling a little threatened, and somewhat insulted that Wolverine would turn to Spider-Man instead seems a little natural. (I just don't think Beast would have been quite so quick to show it.)

Kitty Pryde: Her first attempt at child care ended in a Morloc kidnapping. She probably could have rescued the kids on her own, but didn't have to. Remember: "Prof X is a Jerk!" She's not going to fall in with wanting him gone just because others are getting their fur ruffled. Emma would likely have a similar reaction. Weather it's Sentinels, the Friends of Humanity, or the Four Horseman, Spider-Man is NOT going to let anyone hurt those kids, and has the capability to make his presence count. That would be their primary concern. Neither of them are around.

Angel actually knew his secret ID from an adventure in the Savage Land... but his memory is gone.

He's backed up the team a number of times, even when they've had personal disagreements. (Against Prof Power, Juggernaut, the Hellfire Club and random godlike beings.) It's just that they are all off on different teams. (Or currently dead.)

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: I know he has teamed up with the X-Men a bunch of times, saving their lives too...

I guess Kitty would back him up with what you are saying... Emma... Depends really... She loves her students but she would need to know Spidey or read his mind to trust him, go on a few life threatening missions with him where Spidey would save her life and then Emma would trust him I guess...

Hasn't Angel left the school...

I agree that Beast may have over reacted a bit, quicker than he normally does, but Beast doesn't need to feel threatened... Beast is one of Wolvie's friends and Beast should have understood that if Logan turned to Peter, there must be a reason...

Here is my attempt at who is who and who is on what team:

Cyclops: Cyclops, Magik, Emma Frost, Stepford Cuckoos, X-23 and Kitty Pryde... And students who I don't think have ever met Spider-Man...

Wolverine/Storm: Storm, Beast, Iceman, Firestar, Rachel Grey and a bunch of other mutants that I cannot remember for the life of me...

Try the Marvel Wikia on X-Men, it should bring up the JGS staff and students and then search up the Cyclops' X-Men and it should give you a list of staff and students...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.