Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Would you still like Spider Man if he were gay?

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By MideonNViscera

I wouldn't care if he was gay from the start, but since the start was 1962 the book would have been burned and Marvel probably wouldn't have survived the backlash. So I dunno, it's impossible?

I have no idea why they didn't make either Ultimate Peter, or especially Miles gay. I don't read USM so perhaps Miles could still turn out gay. Has he had any girlfriends or shown interest in women sexually?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As long as mary jane and gwen stacy were retooled as f*ckable bishonen guys.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: i love everyone, but i don't like the idea of homosexuality, lesbianism, and beasttiality, its disgusting. GOD created a man and a woman to be fruitful and multiply. do you wanna know the truth about gay life style?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: ohh really? when you say judging some one it6 means to regard (someone) as either good or bad for example; so if your brother is doing something very wrong, won't you judge him? if your closest friend is stealing your stuffs wont you judge him? the truth is when you see some one doing something incredibly wrong, you tell him is wrong. when you tell some one what he or she is doing is wrong, you tell him is wrong, showing that you love the person.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda:

1. We're clearly getting off-topic here.
    2. Being homosexual isn't a crime,so don't equal it with anything like stealing,it's just ridiculous.
    3. You're really passionate about your opinions.Make a thread in the Off-Topic section,and discuss about it.Not here.
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: in the judging aspect, you said no one should judge, and what i was trying to let you understand is that when seeing some one doing something absolutely wrong, its let for us to correct them, that they are doing the wrong thing. may be homosexual isn't a crime, but in the eyes of our creator is a huge sin. don't let this world corrupt ur mind please. just think about what i said. you see am being polite right? lol. am only telling u the truth. don't support the gay right.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By FearTheLiving
    Oh look it's a homophobe that can't just let people live the way they want to live without looking in their nickers to see if they have different parts. Please answer me this? Why is it any of your business?
    Oh look it's a homophobe that can't just let people live the way they want to live without looking in their nickers to see if they have different parts. Please answer me this? Why is it any of your business?

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By FearTheLiving

@medulaoblaganda: No, but so what if I was? Did the big mean gays come and beat you up as a kid or something? No one's forcing you to go and watch them have sex what they do is their own business just like what you do is your own business.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: do you think its disgusting when two men are having sex ?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: do you think its disgusting when two men are having sex ?

Disgusting? No. That being said I'm not out on the streets seeking it out either. Why? Because I'm not attracted to men nor do I care if two grown ass men want to touch either's naughty bits. As long as they're both into it there shouldn't be a problem. Same goes for woman that want to get frisky with each other, but in that case I wouldn't mind watching them go at it.

So what's this all bout @medulaoblaganda? Are you gay? Are you trying to fight the urges? It's okay if you are you're among friends.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: am not gay. i find it disgusting, and evil. the truth is does people that are gay are indirectly telling GOD that he is wrong. GOD created a man and a woman that they should be fruitful and multiply. its an evil act. animals don't perform gay sex or lesbian sex, it is humans that are doing that crap. america is just like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah. i don't know if u believe in GOD.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By FearTheLiving
    Loading Video...

@medulaoblaganda: You were saying?

Joking aside if God didn't want gays why bother creating them? Believe what you want to believe and if what you say is true then all those gay people will burn in the pits of hell along with the rest of us who supported their cause in which case why you worrying about it? You're super against homosexuality we get it you think it's vile so why don't you knock off harassing us sinners and enjoy your time on this Earth until you get to go to the pearly gates?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I wouldn't mind if they had a new gay spidey, but if they decided "Hey lets make Peter gay!" it would actually make me mad because it's kind of like saying being gay is a choice.

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Willie Lumpkin... what!? No Ultimate Lumpkin!?!?!?)

Ultimate Fantastic Four

In the Ultimate Marvel Universe; there is a government agent named Lumpkin who works for the agency that runs the think-tank/school in the Baxter Building. Although his first name is not mentioned, this version is an obvious homage. He is in his forties and overweight. He is initially shown recruiting Reed Richards.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@feebadger: i don't like the idea of India punishing or persecuting them. you can love but not in homosexual or lesbian way. GOD created a man and woman for a reason, but humans have twisted it, which means they are telling GOD that he is wrong, that they are gods now, they can do what ever they want. this is why america is falling gradually.

I don't think that anyone is telling God that they are wrong by simply following their emotions. Homosexuality is about more than just sex. It is also about love. In our quaint Catholic view of God, he created ALL things, including love. So does that not mean he created homosexual love too? And before the old "nah, the devil (in whatever form he might take in any specific religion) created that" let's not forget that God made the Devil too and being omniscient, God knew what he was doing and what the Devil would create in his wake.

And America failing? Maybe.

But i think that's more to do with Miley Cyrus ;P

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think that anyone is telling God that they are wrong by simply following their emotions. Homosexuality is about more than just sex. It is also about love. In our quaint Catholic view of God, he created ALL things, including love. So does that not mean he created homosexual love too? And before the old "nah, the devil (in whatever form he might take in any specific religion) created that" let's not forget that God made the Devil too and being omniscient, God knew what he was doing and what the Devil would create in his wake.

Oh dear God........

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feebadger: GOD said we should love one another, but not the gayish act. GOD created Lucifer, Lucifer rebelled against GOD saying he wants to be bigger than GOD, then GOD cast him out.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the f*ck has become of this thread!??

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By HumanRocket

Really.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda: @feartheliving:

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THIS GUY!

TAKE IT ELSEWHERE!!!

(i already told one of you....)

Yes, yes it is. I't also about what if he were gay. Which is what we were discussing. I'm sorry I didn't take to kindly to someone saying his lifestyle would be disgusting and wrong. When you're a comic fan and video game fan like myself you see everything under the sun and more have relationships with each other and trying to make it work. Having a Spider-man love another man isn't the most craziest thing out of the bunch.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@medulaoblaganda: @feartheliving:

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THIS GUY!

TAKE IT ELSEWHERE!!!

(i already told one of you....)

Yes, yes it is. I't also about what if he were gay. Which is what we were discussing. I'm sorry I didn't take to kindly to someone saying his lifestyle would be disgusting and wrong. When you're a comic fan and video game fan like myself you see everything under the sun and more have relationships with each other and trying to make it work. Having a Spider-man love another man isn't the most craziest thing out of the bunch.

I just checked his profile and he's from Texas, big shock huh?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: What are you talking about I'm sure they breed them nice and smart in the city of "houaton". Joking aside he could be from Mars I just don't agree with his views.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feebadger: GOD said we should love one another, but not the gayish act. .

Sooooo, wouldn't be a subscriber of the 'gay' Spider-Man then? Cool. ONWARDS!

What's surprised me the most about a lot of people's answers here is how much they use comics for some form of wish fulfillment. For me, i never really imagined that part of the fantasy included bedding Mary Jane or dating Gwen. I was just in it to see how Spider-Man would deal with a certain villain or how Peter would deal with whichever turn his life took.

To me, it would have made no difference if those decisions sometimes revolved around same sex dating or such.

So, is this the only reason why female lead comics tend not to last long? Because guys are only buying comics for the sexual wish fulfillment??? :)

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feebadger: never, lol i will never be a subscriber of the gay spider man. spider man is one of my favorite comic hero.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my (sometimes) humble opinion, I think that if Peter Parker were to be a true representation of today, he would have been reinvented as a gay teenager.

You are very fat troll, you know.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

@feebadger said:

In my (sometimes) humble opinion, I think that if Peter Parker were to be a true representation of today, he would have been reinvented as a gay teenager.

Duh wha?

@duncan said:

@feebadger said:

(Willie Lumpkin... what!? No Ultimate Lumpkin!?!?!?)

Ultimate Fantastic Four

In the Ultimate Marvel Universe; there is a government agent named Lumpkin who works for the agency that runs the think-tank/school in the Baxter Building. Although his first name is not mentioned, this version is an obvious homage. He is in his forties and overweight. He is initially shown recruiting Reed Richards.

YOU sir, have just made my day! :)

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feebadger said:

I mean that you are troll of internet kind and very fat one. The whole topic is tipical troll topic, banal insertion of provocative idea with possibility of accusing opponents in all kind of phobias.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#233 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@rubear: Yo less calling of names man. OP happens to be one of my fave people in the world and was asking a simple question. If that gets you so bent out of shape you gotta call names,maybe the internet is not for you,

BTW fat? Hardly. You misspelled CUTE :P

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@rubear said:

@feebadger said:

Warning for insults. Don't do it again.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

:P

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feebadger: never, lol i will never be a subscriber of the gay spider man. spider man is one of my favorite comic hero.

you do realize one of your fave characters new life is based on a deal with the devil....

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: how? lol

well a deal with the devil was made to bring someone back from dying, and to remove his marriage to his wife lol....mmmm sacralicious

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: that's bullshit!! they should have come up with another story

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: that's bullshit!! they should have come up with another story

the funny part is, mephisto (the devil) made it seem like ironman, dr strange, and tony stark mixed magic and science to come up with a way to fix peters life. So the whole making a deal with the devil wasn't necessary, they could have cut that out and just made it those 3.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: don't you know that's how the devil works? that was how he trick eve to eat the fruit from the tree of life, even fell for it. Satan always find a way trick people, and its now left for you to resist the devil. if you don't, then that means the devil is in control of your life. gat it?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: don't you know that's how the devil works? that was how he trick eve to eat the fruit from the tree of life, even fell for it. Satan always find a way trick people, and its now left for you to resist the devil. if you don't, then that means the devil is in control of your life. gat it?

that's my point, your fave super hero is living a live he got due to the devils influence. If you can tolerate that then a gay character isn't that far off lmao

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@medulaoblaganda said:

that's my point, your fave super hero is living a live he got due to the devils influence. If you can tolerate that then a gay character isn't that far off lmao

Love your work. Just love it. Lol.

@rubear said:

@feebadger said:

I mean that you are troll of internet kind and very fat one. The whole topic is tipical troll topic, banal insertion of provocative idea with possibility of accusing opponents in all kind of phobias.

It's a strange and cynical this information super highway is. I've been on this site a little too long to be trolling. It's like pooping in your own house :) More importantly, what IS your actual opinion on the question at hand, sir?

@bumpyboo said:

@rubear: Yo less calling of names man. OP happens to be one of my fave people in the world and was asking a simple question. If that gets you so bent out of shape you gotta call names,maybe the internet is not for you,

BTW fat? Hardly. You misspelled CUTE :P

Awwwwww, is you stopping hte big kids from stealing my lunch money??? You are the CUTEST! :):):)xxx

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#247 BumpyBoo  Moderator
    Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

@feebadger said:

It's a strange and cynical this information super highway is. I've been on this site a little too long to be trolling. It's like pooping in your own house :) More importantly, what IS your actual opinion on the question at hand, sir?

Live make people cynical, that's fact, and trolls and moral are incompatible, that's another fact. My opinion? I hated last young avengers volume because of focus on gay teenagers and don't have anything against Bunker, gt from Teen Titans. I'm angry about racechange of Wally West and don't have anything against nice Danica Willams (Flash Beyond). I dislike all-new ultimates not only because they are not ultimates, but in addition because of team roster with two black boys who are only boys in team with 4 girls, but i don't have anything against concretly them. Do you see my opinion?)

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm, I am far from a homophobe, an ardent LGBT ally. And honestly, a lot of peters problems in high school would be make sense, with his feelings of seclusion and isolation and unrequited crushes. But at the same time, I am straight and part of how I relate to Peter is in his romances/struggles with women and unfortunately I am not open minded enough to feel that type of connection to a gay romance. One of the reasons I enjoyed spider-man was for the "soap operatic" feel of Stan/Ditko and Romita era stories (I grew up reading the essential trades.) He was one of the first super heroes to be more defined OUTSIDE of the costume as opposed to in it. Therefore, he was defined partly by his relationships to his supporting cast, including the bevy of beautiful women introduced.

So, to answer the question: no, I would not have a problem with it. But I would probably be less interested in reading new stories involving his romances as I would not have quite the connection/mutual understanding I once did.

To be honest though, ever since I started reading more modern peter, esp after BND, he has becoming almost unreadable. A perpetual manchild, he is no longer relatable anymore anyways. After superior ended I quickly lost interest, as Pete seems to be the same ol pete I've known for 21 years, only less confident then he was in the 60s-80s.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd still like Spider-Man, but not that specific aspect of the character. Not because I'm against gays, but it's Peter Parker as then he'd lose his love interest and some of his relateability to me.

lol said much more eloquently then my phrasing!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.