Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Would buying the issues/trade of RYV help?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Would buying the issues/trade of RYV help? (9 votes)

Yes 33%
    No 22%
    Wait and See 44%
    Will Buy Issues 11%
    Will Buy Trade 22%

Simple question

Would purchasing the issues or trade of Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows really help in showing Marvel that we want a Married Peter and Mary Jane in the main book?

and would you buy it, if so which?

• 
    Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zarius

Lowe has indicated, in the letters pages of ASM last week, that the future of the Marvel universe is in our hands, and an interview on CBR also indicated that sales of series launched during Secret Wars could dictate their longevity, so yeah, I think voting with your wallet in this case would be beneficial to setting up the marriage's full-time restoration to the regular titles, possibly even in time for it's 30th anniversary in 2017, or possibly even allow RYV to continue as a separate book penned by someone else, and allow Dan to continue his own take on ASM.

Digital sales have shown the Convergence: Superman issue where he and Lois were expecting a child did very well, almost outselling Batman and Robin, so I see this as a good sign for RYV's prospects

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@zarius said:

Lowe has indicated, in the letters pages of ASM last week, that the future of the Marvel universe is in our hands, and an interview on CBR also indicated that sales of series launched during Secret Wars could dictate their longevity, so yeah, I think voting with your wallet in this case would be beneficial to setting up the marriage's full-time restoration to the regular titles, possibly even in time for it's 30th anniversary in 2017, or possibly even allow RYV to continue as a separate book penned by someone else, and allow Dan to continue his own take on ASM.

Digital sales have shown the Convergence: Superman issue where he and Lois were expecting a child did very well, almost outselling Batman and Robin, so I see this as a good sign for RYV's prospects

LOL I like that. To me, that translates to, "Buy these issues or we will punish your favorite characters!"

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that IS the monkeys paw to this event, "yay Peter has a family, boo everyone else is screwed"

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By animehunter

@makhai said:
    @zarius said:

LOL I like that. To me, that translates to, "Buy these issues or we will punish your favorite characters!"

Then, i's a good thing I pre-order the Trade, I just hope the quality justifies the purchase.

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
    AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted "No" and "Wait and See".

I voted "Wait and See" because I feel like Marvel would have to be confident in keeping a married Peter Parker this time. If they give us a married Spider-Man then there is no going back-- imagine the outrage there would be if they found another way to undo his marriage again. It'd be like them having Otto somehow taking control of Peter's body again. Unless they were planning on sticking to a permanent Spider-Ock, I wouldn't be able to find any real reason to bring him back with Spider-Verse being the exception. So maybe if the sales are extraordinary compared to usual sales, I think they'd at least consider it.

On the other hand, I voted "No" because it's Marvel. Dan Slott's run on Spider-Man is talked about among readers, and a majority of the time, it's definitely not praising his work. When he wrote Superior Spider-Man it was obvious that Dan Slott was going to get a major amount of hate, and he did-- now whether you liked Superior Spider-Man or not, here's why I voted "No"; A reader had said (not the exact quote but somewhere along the lines) they weren't a fan of Dan Slott's writing and felt like his run on Spider-Man would be one remembered in shame. The opinion was worded out in a respectable manner, but the response was anything but. That reader pretty much got told if he doesn't like it, he can take a hike. So what does that tell you? "It's not about what the readers/fans like, it's about what me, Nick Lowe likes".

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.