Worst Spider-Man artist?

#1 Posted by DH1986 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

So I am really getting tired of how lousy the artwork in Amazing Spider-Man has been. I mean Ramos can't draw worth a crap, but I know art tastes very- What are your thoughts?

#2 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Ramos is a decent artist

#3 Posted by Strider92 (16157 posts) - - Show Bio

Eric Canete:

#4 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Eric Canete

Without a doubt.

#5 Posted by Dudi (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like Ramos, his Wolverine looks really cool! but his Spider-man looks kinda ridicules... it's not that bad but it's look like something for litlle kids, and Spider-man should not be a kid! If He should be a kid only in Ultimate Spider-man.

And it is very far from the worst but I really don't like the way alex ross draw him... he draw his costume like a regular costume for Halloween and it looks kinda bad.

#6 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strider92 said:

Eric Canete:

#7 Posted by Lvenger (18474 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh definitely Humberto Ramos. I cringe every time I see his name on a cover of Amazing Spider-Man. His facial expressions are just scrappy and his outlines are ridiculous. If I were reviewing it, I'd only give Ramos a 4 or 5 out of 10.

@Strider92 said:

Eric Canete:

Though this might change my mind. What the actual hell?

#8 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Ramos art :)

#9 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

Ramos is awesome. His art on spider island was great.

#10 Posted by Agent9149 (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Eric Canete:

im trying to understand the context of this picture....is time and space being bended and distorted and twisted or is that just a terrible picture

#11 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7900 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know the persons name but They did a short comic during in the Spider Man Election Day Book that was really bad really blocky and somewhat Anime...

#12 Posted by danhimself (22306 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjoeg said:

Ramos is awesome. His art on spider island was great.

completely agree...I love Ramos on Spider-man

#13 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Eric Canete:

Ha ha, Totally agree.

#14 Posted by DH1986 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, yeah Eric Canete is pretty awful. :)

#15 Posted by Sonata (6262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strider92 said:

Eric Canete:

Ewww
#16 Posted by Strider92 (16157 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sonata: Exactly!
#17 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

i like ramos. he draws an awesome wolverine and a very hot MJ.

#18 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a big fan of Ramos' art. It can get sloppy and difficult to follow. I prefer the style done by Camuncoli in the recent issues

#19 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Eric Canete:

I have seen this picture more than once, yet I am still amazed at how terrible this picture is. Dear God this guy makes liefeld look like a well trained Doctor on human anatomy.

#20 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

@Strider92 said:

Eric Canete:

I have seen this picture more than once, yet I am still amazed at how terrible this picture is. Dear God this guy makes liefeld look like a well trained Doctor on human anatomy.

hey hey now. lets not lose our heads here. the art is bad but not liefeld bad. he is the king. this is bad but its funky a certain style. liefeld is 5 year old level drawing. seriously. if you showed a pic of something drawed by liefeld to a kid and tell him to replicate it, he can do it. perfectly.

#21 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: Come man, this picture is just bad, the guy that draws for wolverine & the x-men does a funky/cartoon art style, but this guy...

#22 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6165 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger: umm what the hell is spidey doin in that pic?
#23 Posted by DH1986 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: Honestly? I'm kind of eager to see how Spider-man clings to walls without feet.

#24 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kinda sad to see how many people dislike Ramos. I mean yeah, his style is not for everyone, but i think his more recent artwork in the amazing spider-man is just pretty good, at least a lot better than his older one. I think his style fits to the character, due to his character( you know being funny and all, it's not that bad to see a style that fits to that character ), but i wouldn't expect Ramos to draw batman and give you the dark feeling that it should! Just my opinion though! :)

#25 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Ramos and Eric Canete.

#26 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno - the recent issues have had pretty disappointing artists...

#27 Posted by PaperDemon (602 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys i know i might sound too accepting, but these artists try hard. You guys insulting there artwork is probably making them feel bad. I bet half you guys cant even draw as good as the "crappy" artists.

#28 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

@PaperDemon: I don't think Ramos has bad art I just don't like it.

Also of course we can't draw as well as them THEY GET PAID to be professional artists, they should be good and trying hard isn't good enough. The Buffalo Bills try hard and are better at football than me but I still think they suck.

#29 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

more canete ugliness to prove that one pic wasn't a fluke

Luke Cage #1
Amazing Spider-Man #611
Luke Cage #3
Captain America vs. Iron Fist
Luke Cage #2
#30 Posted by PaperDemon (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Whats wrong with the Captain America vs. Iron fist picture?

#31 Posted by AndrewDrake (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Eric Canete:

....The heck is that....

#32 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: The question of the year, Who is worst Canete or Liefeld?

#33 Posted by The_Madness (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Liefeld has done much more damage.

#34 Posted by Sufferthorn (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35:

....making Emma Frosts butt unattractive is just....bad

#35 Posted by Captain13 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aiden Cross said:

I love Ramos art :)
#36 Posted by Kratos05 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Khoi Pham damn it! His Scarlet Spider is awfull. Hope Stegman will comeback...

#37 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (676 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when all of Marvel's best artists bailed on them to go form Image comics back in the day. And I remember how awful it was there for a while after the exodus. Web of Spider-man, Spectacular Spider-man, and the title once called "Todd McFarlane's Spider-man". All of those books suffered. Marvel knew people would buy Spider-man comics no matter what so they just shoved whatever hacks they had left in the slots left empty by the Image guys and thus began the dark times.

Everything I see in modern comics is better than it was back in those days. Even that weird Lade Stilt-man panel buries the work from back then.

#38 Edited by Strider92 (16157 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: I'm still in love with McFarlane's Spider-man. His art is just beyond awesome. I'd have given anything for him to do the art on the 50th anniversary issue!

Spider-man never looked more spidery (or as threatening) than when Todd drew him! David Finch also draws a very good Spider-man.

#39 Posted by DH1986 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: I loved the way Todd drew spider-man. With his giant bug-eyes, 3d webbing , and the fact that he was always crouching, swinging, doing things like only Spider-Man could do. I loved it, although I didn't really like the way he drew the regular people, always looked weird to me.

#40 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duke_Nasty said:

Ramos and Eric Canete.

#41 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Ramos is FAR from the worst Spider-man artist. Hell, he's easily one of the best due to his unique and fun style.

#42 Posted by BatWatch (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't say that Ramos is bad, but I would say that I do not enjoy his style. He exaggerates things too much.

#43 Posted by FearTheLiving (2572 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of you guys must be art snobs or something cause besides the one picture that looks like spiderman is missing limbs the rest just look like the type of art style. Just my opinion it's for sure not the greatest by a long shot but the way you guys were talking thought they were stick figures lol.

#44 Posted by Kyle_Dornez (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Ramos is FAR from the worst Spider-man artist. Hell, he's easily one of the best due to his unique and fun style.

Actually I've noticed that my main problem with his art is faces - they usually do not work that way. When everybody masked - it's perfectly fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.