With SSM #1 just around the corner, any final thoughts

#1 Posted by animehunter (1518 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess with everything, I have said and discussed. I would say I am still on the fence on whether or not to get it.

On the one hand I don't want to read, because reading it, might feel like I accepted it and on the other hand I would read it to find out what happens and whether it really is permanent.

If I was to really push it I might read the first issue, but non beyond that.

What are your final thoughts on the SSM #1

#2 Posted by VeganDiet (827 posts) - - Show Bio

My final thought going in: "Damn, this story is seriously almost exactly like Kraven's Last Hunt." I'm not going to accuse Dan Slott of, like, plagiarizing, or anything. He's far too good of a writer for that, but there really are a remarkable amount of similarities.

#3 Posted by Superguy0009e (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

I say bring it on.

#4 Posted by TheCannon (16083 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll buy and read it. I bought the final few ASM issues in order to understand it. I'm still torn on what I think of the decision to kill Peter and Doc Ock becoming Spider-Man. I know it won't last, so I'll just sit down for the ride.

#5 Posted by Eric10956 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I've already got it on my pull list, i am new to spiderman, so i think this is a good time to drop in and i already know what happened in asm 700. What i am wondering is if the doc ock thing does'nt last will marvel continue with the title or drop it? Anyhow i'm excited for it!

#6 Posted by Ironhawk22 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to give it a chance. Reminds me a lot of the episode of Buffy, where she and Faith switch bodies. I think season four? I'm pretty sure because it was one of the few great episodes of season four(alongside Hush, Restless, New Moon Rising, The I in Team, and Yoko Factor). So yeah, I'll give it a shot.

#7 Posted by Cavemold (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

i see rape on the way

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be having fun watching people freak out over it when it's finally out.

#9 Edited by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's a cool idea I always wanted a more ruthless Spidey.

#10 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, it is entirely possible for Peter Parker to get resurrected. The revolving door of super hero death never stops. Naturally, Doc Ock can't last as Spider-Man.

#11 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a well known fact Dan Slott dresses in a Spidey/Ock suit every night and has "relations" with a Mary Jane blow up doll.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.