Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

With Great Power...

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I bought the first two books that came out so far and I love how they're going. It's an interesting twist on the Wall-Crawler thus far.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Any opinions?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Eternal Chaos

zero edge says:

"I haven't read it yet... is it supposed to be how his life was now that OMD and BND happened?"

No, it's an alternate reality and in this reality certain things have changed, most noticeably, Uncle Ben hasn't been shot.

SPOILERS

He's currently a professional wrestler and is making tons of money and stuff. It's a good read, I suggest you pick it up when you can.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zee crusher

First two spiderman issues??

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By zero edge

I haven't read it yet... is it supposed to be how his life was now that OMD and BND happened?

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zero edge

That spoiler probably would've been better if it had been above the uncle ben got shot part lol... but it's okay this kind of story I don't care about getting spoiled.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eternal Chaos

zero edge says:

"That spoiler probably would've been better if it had been above the uncle ben got shot part lol... but it's okay this kind of story I don't care about getting spoiled."

LoL, I'd swear they mentioned a few times in regular interviews that Uncle Ben doesn't get shot, hence my delayed "SPOILER" warning. It's pretty good even though I'm not exactly crazy about the artwork behind Peter.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zero edge
    Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eternal Chaos

zero edge says:

"For those who dunno what the hell we're talking about, it's this: http://www.comicvine.com/comic/spider-man-with-great-power/20409/ I'm kind of tired of books talking about his past, so I dunno when I'll get around to reading it."

I can see why you feel that way, but I'm one of those people that likes to ponder the different choices and likes to view how different things would due to miniscule moments. If you decide to get it, you can wait for the TPB like I did with Reign, even though I didn't even know about it until I came here.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zero edge

Maybe, I actually did like Reign though. Alternate stories about his end is better then alternate stories about his beginnings.. IMO at least.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I like them both equally but I think a begining A.S. opens up your mind a little bit more about how such small things can change the course of history and your life. That, and they also depict the changes his life, something I always enjoy. Endings are different because we don't even know his ending, so we can't even say whether or not that would happen or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.