Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Will Spidey and MJ get back together?

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#1  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

I was just thinking that now that Carlie Cooper and Peter Parker are split up will Peter and Mary Jane get back together? I hope so.

Sorry if this as been asked did search before anyone who knows it has (if it has) informs me

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I hope they get back together. They were such a great couple and I can't believe Marvel would split them up like that. I guess we'll have to see when Marvel NOW comes out.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By fodigg

I don't think so. Not until they're truly desperate and want to cash in on the peter/MJ fans. Most likely they'll just keep teasing it.

Personally I think they should just give MJ powers and make her a hero. And eventually introduce May Parker without a marriage involved.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By CrimsonCake

@fodigg said:

I don't think so. Not until they're truly desperate and want to cash in on the peter/MJ fans. Most likely they'll just keep teasing it.

Personally I think they should just give MJ powers and make her a hero. And eventually introduce May Parker without a marriage involved.

You mean bring MC2 into the mainstream Universe?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fodigg

@CrimsonCake said:

@fodigg said:

You mean bring MC2 into the mainstream Universe?

Ostensibly, the reason why Mephisto was willing to make the BND trade was because he wanted to eliminate May Parker from the timeline. So either "Mephisto wins" or eventually they need to progress long enough to have that kid. (Or re-marry them, but I'm assuming that's of the table.) I'm just pointing out that two people don't necessarily need to be married or even in a serious relationship to have a kid together, and that's definitely a "responsibility" story waiting to be told.

AdamChapman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AdamChapman

: That's definitely an interesting theory, but I doubt it would ever happen. Marvel didn't want MJ and Peter married mainly because it aged the character too much, from their perspective, so bringing in future children would still age the character. Hence why May was killed off in 1996 in the first place, and also why Sarah and Gabriel turned out to be Osborn's children with Gwen instead of Peter's.

: I actually wish that they would put Peter and Carlie back together, I really loved her character, as she really felt like the character Gwen would have grown up to be, had she not died. I liked that she was a police scientist, and there's so much potential there, if they were able to put them together and have her get over his lying to her. They'd be an awesome team. I'm over MJ and him no longer being together, it sucks, but it happened, and there are tons of comics you can go back to to enjoy their relationship back when it still existed and hadn't been editorially mandated out of existence.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fodigg

@AdamChapman said:

: That's definitely an interesting theory, but I doubt it would ever happen. Marvel didn't want MJ and Peter married mainly because it aged the character too much, from their perspective, so bringing in future children would still age the character. Hence why May was killed off in 1996 in the first place, and also why Sarah and Gabriel turned out to be Osborn's children with Gwen instead of Peter's.

Oh I'm not expecting it necessarily, just saying it could be done. But they'd hold off as long as possible on that until people just kinda forget why (from an in-universe standpoint) they were broken up, and thus Mephisto wins.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Strider1992

God I hope not or OMD would leave an even worse taste in my mouth.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Death Certificate

Yes they will, maybe sooner than you think...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.