will mrvel ever kill spiderman off for good?

#1 Posted by NEW VENOM (926 posts) - - Show Bio

I did not expect marvel to kill off captain america or bill foster,but they did marvel does have a habbit of killing good charecters for example bucke was very popular like captain america,bill foster and numorous others sure some come back like superman who was out for about a year so do you see a big death for spidey in the future?

#2 Posted by NEW VENOM (926 posts) - - Show Bio

no i mean no more amazing spiderman dead

#3 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

perhaps, but does marvel zombies count?

#4 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Cap is dead for good. Just look at his page. They gave multiple example where people thought he was dead for good.

#5 Posted by The Iron Spider (580 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman became a zombie in marvel zombies. does that count?

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"I don't think Cap is dead for good. Just look at his page. They gave multiple example where people thought he was dead for good."

He's not dead for good.He returned in issue #34.Maybe Spidey will die someday..not until DC kills of a major hero though.Spider-man is Marvel's mascot.If DC is bold enough to kill Supes off for good.I think Spidey will follow.He's going to get old eventually.He's almost 30.

#7 Posted by danhimself (22624 posts) - - Show Bio

that's not the original captain america aka steve rogers that's bucky

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself says:

"that's not the original captain america aka steve rogers that's bucky "

I know who it is but it's still Captain America.As long as there is someone willing and able there will be a Captain America.

#9 Posted by danhimself (22624 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"danhimself says:
I know who it is but it's still Captain America.As long as there is someone willing and able there will be a Captain America."

good point but even if they do kill off peter parker it would probably just be retconed at some point...damn one more day...i don't have any faith in any spider-man continuity anymore

#10 Posted by POHOCOM (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"danhimself says:

I know who it is but it's still Captain America.As long as there is someone willing and able there will be a Captain America."

If it's not Steve Rogers, it's not Captain America. You cannot separate this particular character from the alter ego. It would be like putting someone else in Doctor Doom's armor. Doctor Doom is only a great character BECAUSE of Victor Von Doom. Steve Rogers has qualities both physical and spiritual that make him uniquely suited for the character. The same is true for Spider-Man. You kill Peter Parker, you have to kill the Spider-Man character forever.

#11 Posted by spider2dfly (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would they do that in the first place!?! It like, what's the reason?! Because I can't find any good reason to kill Marvel Comics own "flag carrier"..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.