Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Will MJ and Peter end up back together in The Amazing Spider-Man (2014) ?

xDarrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will MJ and Peter end up back together in The Amazing Spider-Man (2014) ? (27 votes)

Yes 44%
    No 56%
     • 
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

We don't know,but so far it seems that nothing will bring them together.......so yeah,probably. ;)

xDarrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By xDarrens

@punyparker said:

We don't know,but so far it seems that nothing will bring them together.......so yeah,probably. ;)

I agree, most likely wont come together any time soon, MJ seems to be dealing with her own problems for now. Seems she's still checking up on him, seen him swinging in the buff.

They always get back together though so i think it'll happen at some point.

It would be a real shame for them to go the wrong way, considering Ock messed everything up.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

@xdarrens said:

They always get back together though so i think it'll happen at some point.

I give em "props" though....after OMD,they were never together....
    I want em back,and she's SO into him,at any given time,so i believe at some point,a writer will come anf hook em up again....

But now,she's "occupied" by the firefighter dude,and he's in a difficult situation with Anna.
    So she enjoys her new sucker,and he is.....f*cked up like most of the time.

Normal stuff.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hopefully

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't for a while

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

I'd like for them too but I don't think it will happen while Slott's in charge.

Kibbles7a239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i voted no because peter is far too busy in 2014 to get back together with her, maybe 2015 though!

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with this. Slott seemed to be hinting at it during Spider Island but in retrospect that was just to really make the Otto mind swap hit home. If he was interested in putting them back together, it would have happened before now.

That said, I really wish they were at least dating again. Screw OMD

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eventually, probably not so soon though. Peter has other stuff to deal with.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't think it'll be anytime soon. I'm still holding out for the day they do get back together, though.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would I like to see them back together yes. Will it ever happen probably not.

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Probably not, because slott is a hack.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not, because slott is a hack.

you never know, during his spider-man run from #546-#700 he was hinting at them getting back together, like in spider-island when mary jane said "i love you" or when the they hung out at her bar during the Alpha saga. When Doc Ock became spidey they went on dinner dates and things like that plus in #2 of superior they were going to get back together but they didn't because of spock. So Dan Slott may be alluding to them getting back.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I would rather see Peter Parker and Felicia Hardy dating. But under Slott, that's not going to happen either. When Marvel broke up Peter and MJ, they should have used that opportunity to further develop his other relationship like Betty Brant and Liz Allan. Along with Black Widow and Spider-Woman. On occasion, we could see Jennifer Walters and Psylocke.

But Marvel has so far wasted this rare opportunity to develop Peter's relationships in a manner that would be on par with Mary Jane in their own right.,

And I do believe that the idea of Peter Parker x Carol Danvers becoming more than friends was shot down my Dan Slott.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Possibly, but it won't be soon.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise said:

Ditto.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jumping into this conversation as recent solicits seem to be giving me hope...while it may not appear as though they will be together in 616, Slott will be writing a married Peter and MJ when he visits the MC2 universe in October's issue of ASM, now whenever or not he kills them off or not remains to be seen, or if he's again "giving you what you want, but not neccersarily the way you want it", but maybe this is leading somewhere. We'll just have to see.

Considering Peter and MJ are still married in the newspaper comics, I don't think Marvel are keen to let it out of their sight altogether. Peter and MJ will definitely be back together under some regime, be it the old guard or a new generation. Never think the present tense is the only tense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.