Will MarvelEver Kill MJ?

#1 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

Was just thinking if Marvel would ever think about killing MJ. They killed Gwen Stacy why not Mary Jane, if they wanted Spider-man to be a darker character why not kill MJ. Especially since Norman is returning.

#2 Posted by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09: They killed her in a plane crash once in the main universe if I remember correctly. The readers were furious so they brought her back.

#3 Posted by MykeyJames (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it, just recently read an article with John Romita explaining how they came up with the idea to kill Gwen. Basically they wanted to do something dramatic and the other guy that was working with him on it said lets kill his girlfriend because that never happens and Romita went with it. So to do it again now wouldnt really have the same effect i dont think, kind of pointless really

#4 Posted by Strider92 (16120 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully

Online
#5 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to put that poor girl out if her misery. She's just too badly written now a days.

#6 Posted by Funkypanda123 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Do it now

#7 Posted by warewolf577 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Well considering the fact she's the main squeeze of Spider-Man it's unlikely, unless it's from a different universe "What if..?"

But if they put her in great danger, Spiderman will most likely risk his life for her.

But now with the Superior Spiderman, Ock will come to an agreement with his mind to protect her at all costs. So we'll see what comes up in the near future.

#8 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

@clonesaga2099: I didnt know that should read that arc

#9 Posted by New_World_Order (12547 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe.

#10 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so.

#11 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks MJ should die.

#12 Edited by animehunter (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, but I need to ask.

I've been a big supporter of Mary Jane and followed her character for a long time, and to have her killed off for whatever reason would not sit well with me, I can accept if they decide to fade her out of the book by having her leave the city and Peter/Spider-man permanently, because there would always be the chance for her to return, but to kill her out right, under any circumstances wouldn't work for me

So I'll ask, Why is everyone so supportive should Marvel kill off Mary Jane?

#13 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: I don't know, probably because they already erased Peter and MJ's marriage and write MJ awfully. I think it would be a good idea because they haven't taken many risks with Spider-man in the last few years. I want something new and fresh. I am not a supporter of Superior though, it was a risk but It was executed poorly and wasn't a new concept. I wouldn't mind the death of though just as long as It was by Norman's hands.

#14 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not. I'd rather just give them a Proper send off.

#15 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

They tried before and it didn't work

@animehunter said:

I'm sorry, but I need to ask.

I've been a big supporter of Mary Jane and followed her character for a long time, and to have her killed off for what ever reason would not sit well with me, I can accept if they decide to fade her out of the book by having her leave the city and Peter/Spider-man permanently, because there would always be the chance for her to return, but to kill her out right, under any circumstances wouldn't work for me

So I'll ask, Why is everyone so supportive should Marvel kill off Mary Jane?

Eh most of the people who want MJ are hopeless shippers.

#16 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

No, they broke the marriage and now they want to kill her?

yet another reason to kill quesada

#17 Posted by DaemonTheDemon (105 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope

#18 Edited by gridde (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09 said:

@animehunter: I don't know, probably because they already erased Peter and MJ's marriage and write MJ awfully. I think it would be a good idea because they haven't taken many risks with Spider-man in the last few years. I want something new and fresh. I am not a supporter of Superior though, it was a risk but It was executed poorly and wasn't a new concept. I wouldn't mind the death of though just as long as It was by Norman's hands.

How is repeating one of Spidey's oldest and most well-known stories (Norman killing his love interest) a new concept?

Her character isn't especially interesting these days since, as others have said, she's poorly written and doesn't really do a great deal. However, I like what she represents to Spidey himself, and so killing her off for no reason other than to rile fans and ramp sales would be lame. And since that seems to be the only directive Marvel follows these days, I fully expect her to die soon, and for Slott to write it in a particularly nasty way.

#19 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@DaemonTheDemon said:

I hope

Why, killing her off would be nothing but a pointless death.

#20 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

@gridde said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

@animehunter: I don't know, probably because they already erased Peter and MJ's marriage and write MJ awfully. I think it would be a good idea because they haven't taken many risks with Spider-man in the last few years. I want something new and fresh. I am not a supporter of Superior though, it was a risk but It was executed poorly and wasn't a new concept. I wouldn't mind the death of though just as long as It was by Norman's hands.

How is repeating one of Spidey's oldest and most well-known stories (Norman killing his love interest) a new concept?

Her character isn't especially interesting these days since, as others have said, she's poorly written and doesn't really do a great deal. However, I like what she represents to Spidey himself, and so killing her off for no reason other than to rile fans and ramp sales would be lame. And since that seems to be the only directive Marvel follows these days, I fully expect her to die soon, and for Slott to write it in a particularly nasty way.

I meant Norman killing Spider-man not a love interest, forgot to type Peter in the last sentence of my post. Sorry for the confusion.

#21 Posted by gridde (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09 said:

I meant Norman killing Spider-man not a love interest, forgot to type Peter in the last sentence of my post. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah, I getcha. I wouldn't mind the Ock persona dying heroically at Norman's hands, if it meant the return of Peter.

The solicits seem to indicate that Peter either comes back or is gone for good by the end of issue 9 though, right before Norman comes back.

#22 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

@gridde said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

I meant Norman killing Spider-man not a love interest, forgot to type Peter in the last sentence of my post. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah, I getcha. I wouldn't mind the Ock persona dying heroically at Norman's hands, if it meant the return of Peter.

The solicits seem to indicate that Peter either comes back or is gone for good by the end of issue 9 though, right before Norman comes back.

Seems like a stupid idea to kill Peter forever right before his greatest enemy returns but Marvel is filled with morons who want to ruin the wonders that Stan Lee gifted them with. But you never know.

#23 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5873 posts) - - Show Bio

@clonesaga2099 said:

@Ninjablade09: They killed her in a plane crash once in the main universe if I remember correctly. The readers were furious so they brought her back.

We're furious that they killed Peter, but they aren't doing anything about that.

#24 Posted by Sufferthorn (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09 said:

Screw you dude.

Peter Parker and Mary Jane are still married when it comes down to it, and we both know it. If Aunt May gets to live, she gets to live.

#25 Edited by Teerack (5380 posts) - - Show Bio

Mary Jane will die and Peter Parker will possess her body and have to become Doc Ock's girl friend.

Online
#26 Posted by DarkDay (504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

Mary Jane will die and Peter Parker will possess her body and have to become Doc Ock's girl friend.

LOL

#27 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

Mary Jane will die and Peter Parker will possess her body and have to become Doc Ock's girl friend.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all week!

#28 Posted by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 said:

@clonesaga2099 said:

@Ninjablade09: They killed her in a plane crash once in the main universe if I remember correctly. The readers were furious so they brought her back.

We're furious that they killed Peter, but they aren't doing anything about that.

I guess, it's because it's kind of a given that Peter is coming back.

#29 Posted by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

Mary Jane will die and Peter Parker will possess her body and have to become Doc Ock's girl friend.

Why aren't you writing the Spider-Man comics? Seriously this idea is hilarious.

#30 Posted by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should way until peter is back and switch MJ with Gwen and Pete's body would divide in two. One happy Spider-man and One really sad

#31 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

After what they have done to Spidey over the past decade, I feel safe to say that nothing is out of the question

#32 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 said:

@clonesaga2099 said:

@Ninjablade09: They killed her in a plane crash once in the main universe if I remember correctly. The readers were furious so they brought her back.

We're furious that they killed Peter, but they aren't doing anything about that.

They didn't bring her back instantly :P

#33 Posted by PunyParker (8980 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not!?...

Its a character we all know and love....its the most compatible relashionship Peter could ever have.....and as i mentioned earlier,we(fans) love her very much!!.....so why not kill her,Marvel?.....isnt it what you do,with lovable characters?!

#34 Posted by PaperDemon (601 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark_Guyver said:

They need to put that poor girl out if her misery. She's just too badly written now a days.

Exactly... I could put up with old MJ but now... Ugh.

#35 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

No. MJ is one of the only civilians (up there with Carlie), who knows Spidey's identity. Killing her would be pointless, cliche and just idiotic. Besides think about Pete. He would probably end up having some girlfriend issues and would never date again, which would ultimately end with him becoming part of korean mafia.

#36 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

No. MJ is one of the only civilians (up there with Carlie), who knows Spidey's identity. Killing her would be pointless, cliche and just idiotic. Besides think about Pete. He would probably end up having some girlfriend issues and would never date again, which would ultimately end with him becoming part of korean mafia.

Man would Joe Quasada be happy.

#37 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@jimthesurfer said:

No. MJ is one of the only civilians (up there with Carlie), who knows Spidey's identity. Killing her would be pointless, cliche and just idiotic. Besides think about Pete. He would probably end up having some girlfriend issues and would never date again, which would ultimately end with him becoming part of korean mafia.

Man would Joe Quasada be happy.

I can imagine...

#38 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

They would never permanently kill off Mary-Jane. The outrage after their separation was evidence enough.

Moderator
#39 Edited by consolemaster001 (4971 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.