Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Will Marvel ever pick the story of Baby May back up?

okamiCurse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By okamiCurse

They said that she was deceased, but it was never made certain. I'm wondering if Marvel will ever pick the story back up, what could they possibly do with it? I think it would be amusing if she showed up fully-grown as one of Norman's underlings. What do you folks think, will they ever pick the story back up?

Baron_BJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Baron_BJ

It was always heavily implied that she didn't actually die, but that Norman had arranged for a nurse to smuggle the baby out to him. HOWEVER this was all undone with the OMD and OMIT, where it essentially said that MJ never got pregnant (This was confirmed by Quesada). So no, Marvel will NEVER pick this thread up again I'm afraid to say.

However there was the Spider-Girl series which is an alternate universe story that stars May (She was rescued from Osborn's people by Kaine and returned to Peter and MJ). This is the closest thing to resolution you will receive regarding this plot point. I recommend the series wholeheartedly, it's excellent.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Strider1992

It was picked up in the MC2-verse

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@Baron_BJ: Nice! Never read this one! Good info, I will read it, no doubt.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darthfury78

Imagine if someone(instead of Kaine) rescued the child and is raising her in secret. Julia Carpenter would know. But the Post-OMD retconned the baby out of existence. Thus, the baby resides in the Pre-OMD timeline.

Clone of me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Clone of me

I do think they will work their way back to Baby May being in the regular story again, once they finally fire Joe Queasda from Marvel and have him NEVER work in the comic flied again. At least that is what I think, yet of course they will have to work the story back to The Clone Saga's very end and have Peter and Ben come at Norman a whole different way, than they originally did!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.