Will anyone miss Raimi's Spider-Man?

#1 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

I've accepted it's gone and figuring out what to expect from The Amazing Spider-Man, watching the trailer it seems a little too dark but okay.

But will anyone miss his Spider-Man movies? Especially the first 2, he put so much heart into them.

#2 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3720 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that I shouldn`t miss those movies, `cause I can always watch them again. But, yeah, I`m gonna miss the hypothetical fourth movie a bit. Especially since there was that dance at the end of the third movie. I wondered, will they get back together? But, they probably will. I mean, they separated for petty reasons, sure they`ll be back together again, after some time.

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll miss it

The beginning with Danny Elfmans percussion styled theme was definitely an awesome way to start all 3 movies. Not to mention the spot on performance of J Jameson

#4 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

After emo Spider-Man, no.

#5 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not gonna miss it because I can always see them again and again on DVD. I will miss that first time experience of watching Peter put on the mask, spin his first webs, and climb on his first walls. We'll probably get them again in the new movie, but Raimi put a lot of magic in those scenes. He was very passionate about that first movie, even though he did some questionable things: Green Goblin's suit, MJ instead of Gwen, etc.

Bottom line, there will never be the same movie going experience Raimi gave us with the first Spider-Man. This new one could go down many different ways, but I know this one won't give us what Raimi gave us.

#6 Posted by Kairan1979 (16712 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't miss him. I hated Dunst as MJ and Mcguire as Peter.

#7 Posted by Billy Batson (57802 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, no.
BB

#8 Edited by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't like any of them. Maguire was a weird choice for Spider-Man and Kristen Dunst was just plain terrible. Though Willem Dafoe and that guy who played Jameson were examples of excellent casting.

#9 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Macguire as Peter Parker. Kristen Dunst was OK, but I finded Willhem Dafoe weird : as Weird Al Yankovic have said : he was more freaky witrhout his mask...XD 

For the movies, the first two were cool, but the third killed the franchise to me. (Oh my ! That dance Scene !)

#10 Edited by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, the first two were good. However 3, was just plain terrible. And 4 did not sound like it would be any better.

#11 Posted by Joesoef95 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

I will. I really enjoyed all of the 3 movies, but the new one looks great.

#12 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 1 and 2, the first time I watched them gave me a good feel, and it had so much character and heart. The first time I watched them was amazing.

I hope the new one lives up!

#13 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

I hold the first 2 films in high regard, but I won't miss anything because Raimi killed it for me with 3 and 4 was sounding like a train wreck waiting to happen.

#14 Posted by DoctorOctopus (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I appreciate Raimi's Spider-Man films, and will miss that universe to a certain extent.

Spider-Man (2002) was a great introduction for general audiences to the world of Spider-Man, and I really don't have a problem with casting.

Spider-Man 2 (2004) was a superb sequel, and better than the original in my estimation.

The less said about 3 the better, but yeah ... I'll always have nostalgic fondness for Raimi's version of Spider-Man. Which, to me, was more Lee/Ditko than the upcoming reboot we're getting. Which looks decidedly more modern/Ultimate. Though that's not a slight, as the direction does need to be freshen up and not repeat what's already been done. Otherwise, whats the point?

#15 Posted by Skyfire (712 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Raimi's Spider-Man ran his course. Looking foward to the new generation.

#16 Edited by Duncan (11440 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Only liked Spider-man 2.

#17 Posted by muhabba (293 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Spider-Man 02 was the perfect comic book movie. I think it was the best for bringing a comic book to film. The X films and the Batmans were good translations from book to film but Spider-Man 02 just seemed like a comic book on film to me. I loved it even tho' Spidy coulda been a bit more smart-alecy. Hope the reboot does well. I can see why they would want to spend more time on Peter as a teenager but I still hate the new costume.

#18 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8911 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to miss the onld spider-man movies but I am excited to see the new reboot. I think making it dark makes the reboot different from the other Spider-man movies which I think is good. The reboot is only going to be good if it is different.

#19 Posted by Hector (446 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

Spider-Man 1 and 2, the first time I watched them gave me a good feel, and it had so much character and heart. The first time I watched them was amazing.

I hope the new one lives up!

Completely agree with you. I think it did a good job of capturing the characters of Spider-Man comics/cartoon.

#20 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

The only truly amazing thing about Raimi's trilogy was JK Simmons's acting. The first and second movies were good, the third was an abomination. And even then, there are bad parts to both 1 and 2 as well.

#21 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

The only truly amazing thing about Raimi's trilogy was JK Simmons's acting. The first and second movies were good, the third was an abomination. And even then, there are bad parts to both 1 and 2 as well.

If we're talking about the guy that played J Jonah then I'm with you. Mostly.

#22 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, can't wait for the new film.

#23 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Yeah, Jonah's actor.

#24 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ReVamp: Yeah, Jonah's actor.

Yeah he was marvelous. Dafoe was pretty good. Never got over Mcguire, or Dunst for that matter.

#25 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Mcguire was good as spidey but frankly i belive Garfield would make a better spidey. Dunst as MJ was meh. I' d prefered if they introduced Gwen before MJ in the movies. I'm really excited about Emma as Gwen. The only true memorable aspect of the Spider-man movies I'd miss was JK Simmons as Jonah Jameson. He was inspirational even in the crappy third movie. I cant wait for Amazing Spider-Man. Finally a spider-man movie that stays faithful for the most part to its origins

#26 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

Maguire and Dunst were terrible as Peter and Mary Jane so no I won't be missing Sam's Spider-Man films.

I hope Garfield does well as Spidey in the reboot.

#27 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5939 posts) - - Show Bio

I will DEFINATLEY miss them. I've always loved the Spider-Man trilogy. I even liked the 3rd one. Garfield's Spider-Man better be PRETTY DAMN AMAZING if it's going to get my favor!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.