Why no one questions Peter Parker's photos of Spiderman?

#1 Posted by CannotSpellMyName (92 posts) - - Show Bio

This is pretty much a follow-up of my last "why doesn't anyone notice" Spidey post, but: How come no one even speculates that Peter Parker may be Spiderman considering how great pictures he takes of the wall-crawler for the Daily Bugle? The only instance I know of anyone raising suspicion against Peter's abilities as a photograph is when J Jonah Jameson hired Mac Gargan to find out how Peter could take so great pictures of Spiderman, but I don't recall that Jameson cared about that anymore after Gargan became Scorpion. What excuses do Peter make for always being at the exakt right place at the right time, especially considering that he sometimes brings the Bugle pics of Spidey in mid-swing - from a bird's eye view. Does he usually not take photos from such impossible angles to make it look like he at least wasn't flying around in a helicopter when the web-slinger swinged by? Can anyone come up with a fair enough suggestion to what you might tell your boss when he asks you to explain how you always get perfect shots of a hero who never stays in the same block for more than a minute?

#2 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

Same reason people don't ask themselves why Clark Kent looks suspiciously like Superman, but with glasses. I don't know that reason either, besides convenience.

#3 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

To quote : "Cuz Comics"

#4 Edited by cattlebattle (12589 posts) - - Show Bio

Parker leads on that he and Spider-Man know each other and Spider-Man lets him photograph him.

#5 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1668 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: Somehow, you managed to get into my mind stealing my idea!!! D-a-m-n you, mutants!!!!

;)

#6 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic land folk are dumb. Not like us regular people folk.

#7 Posted by TheTimShow (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cannotspellmyname He tells Jameson that he justs gets "spidey" to pose in front of a green screen and Jameson (just wanting the papers to sell) is okay with that?

#8 Posted by CrimsonCake (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm tired of people saying "It's just a comic book" come on people,Be more creative :p.Peter could let other people get great shots of him to avoid suspicion.

#9 Posted by kamakazi152 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Parker leads on that he and Spider-Man know each other and Spider-Man lets him photograph him.

Agreed.

#10 Posted by sinestro_GL (3066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

Same reason people don't ask themselves why Clark Kent looks suspiciously like Superman, but with glasses. I don't know that reason either, besides convenience.

Well, Clark changes his hair style, voice and body language...and it's not like Lois hadn't suspected that on numerous occasions AND with the help of his friends, Clark Kent and Superman have appeared side by side in public - and like in Spider-Man's case - it's 'knowledge' that they are 'friends'

#11 Posted by DH1986 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Peter Parker was the lovable loser, he was bullied in high school, he was shy, and wore glasses. Spider-Man could lift several tons (bend steel like paper) and constantly made jokes through his muffled mask. They had different personalities, and I think he later said that he gave Spider-Man a "cut" and that's why he let him take the pictures.

#12 Posted by nickzambuto (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

and

@DH1986 said:

I think he later said that he gave Spider-Man a "cut" and that's why he let him take the pictures.

this

#13 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@CannotSpellMyName said:

The only instance I know of anyone raising suspicion against Peter's abilities as a photograph is when J Jonah Jameson hired Mac Gargan to find out how Peter could take so great pictures of Spiderman, but I don't recall that Jameson cared about that anymore after Gargan became Scorpion.

Oooh Do you know in which issue happens that?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.