why isn't spidey a mutant?if he isn't deadpool can't be one

#1 Posted by the a atar (35 posts) - - Show Bio

they say spidey, hulk,captain America... are not mutants so shouldn't wolverine, deadpool... be humans,too?

#2 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

the a atar says:

"they say spidey, hulk,captain America... are not mutants so shouldn't wolverine, deadpool... be humans,too?"

how is wolverine not a mutant. and they have said that Deadpool is not a mutant soooo...

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

the a atar says:

"they say spidey, hulk,captain America... are not mutants so shouldn't wolverine, deadpool... be humans,too?"

wtf are you talking about.Wolverine was born with the X-gene.These other guys were not,therefore they're not mutants.

#4 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"the a atar says:
wtf are you talking about.Wolverine was born with the X-gene.These other guys were not,therefore they're not mutants."

You have to take into consideration that he's not just claws.

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Vance Astro says:
"the a atar says:
wtf are you talking about.Wolverine was born with the X-gene.These other guys were not,therefore they're not mutants."
You have to take into consideration that he's not just claws."

why? That's a mutation...right?

#6 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

If you look at the Brand New Day thread, you'll see my plan to make Spidey and Aunt May mutants. I hear Joe Q is interested.

#7 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Resonate says:
"Vance Astro says:
"the a atar says:
why? That's a mutation...right?"
That was directed towards the guy that quoted the thread...sorry :P"

I know but still,I'm saying having claws makes him a mutant in more ways then one.

#9 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Resonate says:
"Vance Astro says:
"the a atar says:

Oh sorry, that was directed at the guy that made the thread lol

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Resonate says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Resonate says:
"Vance Astro says:
"the a atar says:
I know but still,I'm saying having claws makes him a mutant in more ways then one."
#11 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutants are born with the X-Gene, that's what makes them mutants. Anyone that gets powers in any artificial way is not a mutant.

Not sure how you can be confused over this?

#12 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Resonate says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Resonate says:
"Vance Astro says:
"the a atar says:
I know but still,I'm saying having claws makes him a mutant in more ways then one."

But if he didn't have a healing factor he'd be no different than Spidey

The claws are implants

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Mutants are born with the X-Gene, that's what makes them mutants. Anyone that gets powers in any artificial way is not a mutant. Not sure how you can be confused over this?"

Agreed.

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Resonate says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Resonate says:
"Vance Astro says:
"the a atar says:
But if he didn't have a healing factor he'd be no different than Spidey The claws are implants"

I'm pretty sure he was born with claws.They just weren't adamantium.

#15 Posted by Noir_Dark (861 posts) - - Show Bio

the a atar says:

In the Marvel U, a 'mutant' is defined as a person who posses the "X-Gene" a gene that is an evolutionary step that gives those who are born with this gene powers, like healing factors and bone claws.

Spidey, Hulk and Captain America were not born with the X-Gene, they gained their powers from other sources.

#16 Posted by Noir_Dark (861 posts) - - Show Bio

He was born with bone claws.

#17 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Who knows what Quesada has up his sleeve for any Marvel character now? As the other thread suggests we might find Aunt May is actually Wolverine's mother!!!

#18 Posted by Alexandria Harkness (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Thorion says:

"Who knows what Quesada has up his sleeve for any Marvel character now? As the other thread suggests we might find Aunt May is actually Wolverine's mother!!!"

whoaaa!

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Thorion says:

"Who knows what Quesada has up his sleeve for any Marvel character now? As the other thread suggests we might find Aunt May is actually Wolverine's mother!!!"

That would be a horrible and really stupid twist.In fact it would be worse than One More Day.

#20 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

the a atar says:

"what was Logan's original power"

Healing factor, enhanced senses, bone claws.

#21 Posted by the a atar (35 posts) - - Show Bio

what was Logan's original power

#22 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"the a atar says:
Healing factor, enhanced senses, bone claws."

He also had black outs/ memory problems, which is why he can't remember that Aunt May is his mother.

#23 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"fesak says:
"the a atar says:
Healing factor, enhanced senses, bone claws."
He also had black outs/ memory problems, which is why he can't remember that Aunt May is his mother."

aunt may is also stan lee's mother...

#24 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

But Wolverine was born in the late 1890's or so, so what would that make Aunt May in age then?

#25 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"But Wolverine was born in the late 1890's or so, so what would that make Aunt May in age then?"

where do you think wolverine got his anti aging gene... ;b

#26 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"Supreme Marvel says:
"But Wolverine was born in the late 1890's or so, so what would that make Aunt May in age then?"

where do you think wolverine got his anti aging gene... ;b"

But Aunt May has aged.

#27 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"Rotten gun says:
"Supreme Marvel says:
But Aunt May has aged."

not a day since 1962

#28 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"Supreme Marvel says:
"Rotten gun says:
"Supreme Marvel says:
But Aunt May has aged."

not a day since 1962"

She told me a few weeks ago, that she uses anti-wrinkle cream.

#30 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Mighty Thorion says:

That would be a horrible and really stupid twist.In fact it would be worse than One More Day."

Just call it 9 More Months. Who'd be the father, then?

#31 Posted by Eternus (692 posts) - - Show Bio

alright i didnt read what he said all the way through so if you read this BEFORE i edited then. My Bad! i thught he said born with addy claws... and that would make no sense
Post Edited:2008-02-08 17:47:56

#32 Posted by Script (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Im pretty sure that Cap. America is the father. I saw it on the Maury Povich show.

#33 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"fesak says:
"Mutants are born with the X-Gene, that's what makes them mutants. Anyone that gets powers in any artificial way is not a mutant. Not sure how you can be confused over this?"
Agreed."

Wait a sec why the hell did you just agree with him if you were arguing with me? I was telling you that the claws are not something he was born with, anyone with slight knowledge of his backstory should know this.

The healing factor and senses make him a mutant, not the claws. I hate suck ups

#34 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"Supreme Marvel says:

LMAO!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.