Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Why is Spider-Woman always seen with Spider-Man??????

Avatar image for spectacular_iceman
    Spectacular_Iceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Right now, I'm not that interested in Spidey - few things: 1. His storylines aren't getting to me as of now, 2. He is barely used in crossover storylines, and 3. EVERY TIME I SEE SPIDER-MAN NOW I SEE FREAKIN' SPIDER-WOMAN DOING A GOD-DAMNED POSE IN THE BACKROUND - It's so annoying! I used to get excited when I saw Spider-Man appear in Siege or Fear itself, but then when I flipped the page Spider-Woman comes out of nowhere trying to "look cool" - I hate it so much - Does anyone else agree???

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

Maybe he has pheromones as well now lol at thats whats making her stalk him?

I've actually noticed this as well but I think its mainly due to his current affiliation with the Avengers although Spider-woman does always seem to be there i've noticed Logan and a few others being in the background quite a lot as well. If you want a crossover evolving Spider-man I suggest you read Spider-island(assuming you already haven't?). That was a pretty big event and revolved mainly around Spider-man. He's also going to play an important role in AvX apparently:

No Caption Provided
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darthfury78

@Spectacular_Iceman said:

Right now, I'm not that interested in Spidey - few things: 1. His storylines aren't getting to me as of now, 2. He is barely used in crossover storylines, and 3. EVERY TIME I SEE SPIDER-MAN NOW I SEE FREAKIN' SPIDER-WOMAN DOING A GOD-DAMNED POSE IN THE BACKROUND - It's so annoying! I used to get excited when I saw Spider-Man appear in Siege or Fear itself, but then when I flipped the page Spider-Woman comes out of nowhere trying to "look cool" - I hate it so much - Does anyone else agree???

Believe it or not, Jessica Drew is attracted to Peter Parker. I never understood why the writer paired her up with Clint Barton. Anyway, one of the reasons why Spidey was used as a comic relief is because the people who are working on The Avengers didn't know how to use his character. In my opinion, why use Spider-Man if they can't come up with ideas that would make his contribution to the team interesting?

You should read the Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of The Earth storyline the features The Black Widow and Silver Sable helping Spider-Man against the Sinister Six. The story is very good. And this is probably the first time we see Natasha view on Spider-Man change drastically for the better. I hope to see Spider-Man x The Black Widow team-up adventures in the future in exchange for The Black Cat who should be Daredevil's crime fighting partner from now on.

Protoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Protoon

@darthfury78: Does Jessica like him? That would certainly be interesting but it's news to me.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darthfury78

@Protoon said:

Does Jessica like him? That would certainly be interesting but it's news to me.

Like Ms. Marvel, Jessica Drew does like Peter Parker. There have been a few hints whenever they team-up together, on her part. And she doesn't even have to use her phenomenon powers. Peter has always been very respectful towards her. At times, she loves to compare Spider-Man to Hawkeye. Here is a Valentines cover that was rejected for Amazing Spider-Man:

No Caption Provided
    Protoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Protoon

@darthfury78: OK, thanks! :-)

I can start getting excited about the remote possibility of them pairing up now.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By mewmdude77

@darthfury78 said:

@Protoon said:

Does Jessica like him? That would certainly be interesting but it's news to me.

Like Ms. Marvel, Jessica Drew does like Peter Parker. There have been a few hints whenever they team-up together, on her part. And she doesn't even have to use her phenomenon powers. Peter has always been very respectful towards her. At times, she loves to compare Spider-Man to Hawkeye. Here is a Valentines cover that was rejected for Amazing Spider-Man:

No Caption Provided

Jess's pose in this pic is in the middle, she's like, it's sweet he gave me this, but what should I do?

I love Carol's pose in that pic best, it's a perfect mix of seductiveness, and friendliness.

Also, why did Spidey give one to Jonah?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By darthfury78

@mewmdude77:

I would think that if Jessica Drew actually got to know Peter Parker rather than his Spider-Man ego, she'll certainly find him appealing. Although, she is in a relationship with Hawkeye, it looks forced in my opinion. With Peter, however, Jessica would take her time with him as has Ms. Marvel has done.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Blood1991

Spidey should hook up with Mockingbird.

1. Most Awkward Double date ever between Clint/Jessica and Peter/Bobbi

2. He could soften her abit and she could use a nice guy like him and Pete could use a BA like Bobbi

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strider1992

@darthfury78 said:

Here is a Valentines cover that was rejected for Amazing Spider-Man:

Actually its a variant cover to Winter Soldier. I don't think it was ever put forward as ASM.

@Blood1991 said:

1. Most Awkward Double date ever between Clint/Jessica and Peter/Bobbi

lol! Even though i'm not keen on that pairing that would be hilairious to see. The Ms Marvel/Spider-man date was a little awkward but that would take things to a whole new level of awkwardness.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By darthfury78

@Strider92:

The question is: Why was this variant cover doing on a book that has nothing to do with Spider-Man?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strider1992

@darthfury78 said:

@Strider92:

The question is: Why was this variant cover doing on a book that has nothing to do with Spider-Man?

Because it was commemorating 50 years of Spider-man publication. Every comic had a Spider-man theme variant that date.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By darthfury78

@Strider92 said:

Because it was commemorating 50 years of Spider-man publication. Every comic had a Spider-man theme variant that date.

They could have used a variant cover that had The Winter Soldier and Spider-Man working together before Bucky died.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By mewmdude77

@darthfury78 said:

@Strider92 said:

They could have used a variant cover that had The Winter Soldier and Spider-Man working together before Bucky died.

this cover is much funnier though, and I'd guess it was a Feburary release, so it fits the major holiday of the month.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.