Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17245 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Why is Spectacular Spider-Man seen as the best Spidey show ever?

• 149 results
    mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By mewmdude77

I've been looking around at what people say about the Ultimate Spider-Man show, and people are always: Oh, Spectacular was so much better! How?

I liked it. I won't deny it, but it's not perfect though! Like in Spectacular, when Peter got the symbiote, he got all moody, emo, and angry, like in Spider-Man 3, which was hated by these same exact fans. Why the hypocricy? What's different about him being emo in the movie, and in the show?

For me, I like Ultimate Spider-Man better so far. It has better animation, better voice acting, and I like the Ultimate universe. It's a fun one. I like how they made it a team thing, since Fury would need to train the young heroes anyways. The fourth wall jokes are pretty good, it shows he can be goofy. Lots of shows do fourth wall stuff now, so why not Spidey?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Because it is

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By r3d_rob1n

Spectacular Spidey was able to capture Spiderman humor, Peter Parker's high school life, and action against his main foes in a fun and exciting way. Is it the perfect show? No, far from it. The animation takes some getting used to and his insistence to call Eddie Brock "bro" 900 times per episode detract from the series overall.

However, it is still 10000x better than Ultimate Spidey. The voice acting, IMO, was far better in spectacular. Josh Keaton was able to capture the many moods of Spiderman, not that Bell is bad, just not as good. The whole team-up aspect of the show frustrates me. It is called Ultimate Spiderman, not Spidey and friends. I'm ok with the occasional team up, but I think it's better to have the majority of the action be Spidey only. Not to mention the jokes in Ultimate aren't funny and breaking the fourth wall only amuses 4 year olds

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

Spectacular had superior writing, humor and great character adaptions, not to mention story arcs that kept you guessing a bit...Ultimate is crap aimed at young children, as only Marvel could provide

Ultimate Spider-Man actually has nothing to do with the Ultimate Universe...aside from Samuel L. Fury

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Hazlenaut

@cattlebattle: isn't that be a good thing that it doesn't follow the ultimate universe exactly. the Ultimate Spider-man,or should I call it Spider Mcguire series few good aspects. So far that I like to see is the mini doom bots. I felt that they work well since Doom calculated annoying factor in his strategy.

Spectacular did a good twist by tricking us twice with who the goblin was, and did a great job with tombstone. many of the characters were spot on other the venom symbiote. that was one of the flaws of the show

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Hazlenaut said:

@cattlebattle: isn't that be a good thing that it doesn't follow the ultimate universe exactly. the Ultimate Spider-man,or should I call it Spider Mcguire series few good aspects. So far that I like to see is the mini doom bots. I felt that they work well since Doom calculated annoying factor in his strategy.

Spectacular did a good twist by tricking us twice with who the goblin was, and did a great job with tombstone. many of the characters were spot on other the venom symbiote. that was one of the flaws of the show

The OP said he liked the series because he liked the Ultimate Universe, I was merely stating how the two properties have nothing in common.
    The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#7  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@cattlebattle said:

@Hazlenaut said:

The OP said he liked the series because he liked the Ultimate Universe, I was merely stating how the two properties have nothing in common.

we could always kill this spider-man and then it would be cannon :P

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle
    @The Poet said:

@cattlebattle said:

we could always kill this spider-man and then it would be cannon :P

That wouldn't be a bad idea...I like Miles
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @cattlebattle said:
    Spectacular had superior writing, humor and great character adaptions, not to mention story arcs that kept you guessing
    This.

The show overall was written where kids could get into the show and enjoy while also bringing in much darker and mature elements to the plot which allowed older viewers to enjoy it just as much. One of the things that I loved most about Spectacular and where I feel USM fails is the developments and chemistry that they build up between the characters. They made it where you cared for supporting characters like Flash, Liz Allen, Harry Osborn, and Gwen Stacy to the point that you enjoyed having them in the show and seeing their interactions and where the plot would take them. Since USM first aired they pretty much took all of that and threw it out the window in favor of a completely new cast who I honestly could careless about.
    Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mewmdude77 said:

I liked it. I won't deny it, but it's not perfect though! Like in Spectacular, when Peter got the symbiote, he got all moody, emo, and angry, like in Spider-Man 3, which was hated by these same exact fans. Why the hypocricy? What's different about him being emo in the movie, and in the show?

The symbiote is suppose to change peter attitude, difference between Spectacular Spider-man and Spider-man 3 is that Spider-man 3 did a horrible job at showing the symbiote change peter.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

I think if we could find a balance between the 90s animated series and Spectacular it'd be the perfect Spiderman show. Ultimate doesn't come close to either

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Deranged Midget

@cattlebattle said:

Spectacular had superior writing, humor and great character adaptions, not to mention story arcs that kept you guessing a bit...Ultimate is crap aimed at young children, as only Marvel could provide Ultimate Spider-Man actually has nothing to do with the Ultimate Universe...aside from Samuel L. Fury

This and it basically ruins all of Spider-man lore.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @mewmdude77:  

Spectacular had superior writing, humor and great character adaptions, not to mention story arcs that kept you guessing a bit...Ultimate is crap aimed at young children, as only Marvel could provide 

This, the writing for Spectacular Spider-Man was superb, the characters were well thought out and interesting, the fights were some of the best animated fights I've ever seen (especially him in black suit vs the Sinister Six) the voice acting was top notch, the dialogue was witty and clever (unlike the 90s show which sounded like a bad soap opera) In short, the show was close to being perfect. 

@mewmdude77 said:

The symbiote is suppose to change peter attitude, difference between Spectacular Spider-man and Spider-man 3 is that Spider-man 3 did a horrible job at showing the symbiote change peter. 

Also this. The show handled the black suit very well, it subtly  showed the suit's affects on him, how he became a little more dark the more he wore it, unlike in the movie where instead of the suit acting like a drug and getting him ''high'' off the power, it just turned him into an egotistically douche who smacks MJ around and for some reason breaks out into weird outdated dance montages. 
    noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By noj

I cant believe anyone would think that Ultimate is better than Spectacular! I completely dropped the show after seeing its absolutely horrendous version of Venom, and when I finally realized that they abandoned serialized storytelling in favor of having every episode as a stand alone. The ONLY thing that Ultimate has over Spectacular is its animation, but that was mostly becasue Spectacular didnt have the budget that Ultimate has. Even then, the animation during the fight scenes is still superior in Spectacular.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hazlenaut

@noj: at some aspect ultimate did a better job. If we are to very critical and rate it fully we have to be fair and give it a deserved point.

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
    Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hazlenaut said:

at some aspect ultimate did a better job.

Then I have failed to see this aspect. Because from everything I've seen Spectacular > Ultimate in every way. This even includes the animation, imo.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By noj

@Hazlenaut: Well enlighten me. What exactly does Ultimate Spider-Man do better than Spectacular? I was being very critical and fair as ive seen every episode of Spectacular, and 4 episodes of Ultimate which is all I could really stand to watch.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hazlenaut

@noj: @Andy Steven Summers: series cannot be fully judged yet but as I said before some. as there are smalls things that are worth attention. i have already pointed one flaw in spectacular and that is the spiderman stopping the symbiote. I am trying to be fair because someone else would have pointed that out to you. I prefer spectacular and it did a better job, but as I said am trying to be accurate and not being bias, which is hard when you have favortism.

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By YoggSaron

@noj said:

and when I finally realized that they abandoned serialized storytelling in favor of having every episode as a stand alone.

Ugh. I hate this. I like my shows to have some sort of fluency and connection. When each episode is almost entirely irrelevant to the next, it feels choppy and not engaging. This also seems to be the way that Marvel wants their cartoons to go as after the first arc of Avengers is over they're going to start doing this (at least last I heard, this rumor may have changed in the last few weeks).

@cattlebattle said:

Spectacular had superior writing, humor and great character adaptions, not to mention story arcs that kept you guessing a bit...Ultimate is crap aimed at young children, as only Marvel could provide.

This too.

@The Stegman said:

This, the writing for Spectacular Spider-Man was superb, the characters were well thought out and interesting, the fights were some of the best animated fights I've ever seen (especially him in black suit vs the Sinister Six) the voice acting was top notch, the dialogue was witty and clever (unlike the 90s show which sounded like a bad soap opera) In short, the show was close to being perfect.

Also this. The show handled the black suit very well, it subtly showed the suit's affects on him, how he became a little more dark the more he wore it, unlike in the movie where instead of the suit acting like a drug and getting him ''high'' off the power, it just turned him into an egotistically douche who smacks MJ around and for some reason breaks out into weird outdated dance montages.

These as well.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By noj

@Hazlenaut: Okay lets compare how Peter stopped the symbiote in both series.... Well you cant even DO that since Peter didn't even really have the Symbiote in Ultimate. Once he got the Symbiote on in Ultimate he just changed straight to Venom. It took control of his actions and tried to kill all his friends until Peter saw Harry on the roof and miraculously breaks free of its control. The Symbiote wasn't even really a symbiote in Ultimate since it offered NO benefit to the wearer. It was more like a parasite taking control of its host.

On Spectaculars end we have a three episode arc where Peter gets the suit and starts to take advantage of it. All the while it is subtly affecting his personality and actions until Aunt May has a heart attack and he attacks his best friend almost losing control until FLASH of all people helps bring him to his senses. He then goes through what is basically psychological war fare with the symbiote until he flashes back to Uncle Ben causing him to reaffirm why he became Spider-Man in the first place which allows him to gain control and break free of the symbiotes influence. Youre going to honestly say that Ultimate did it better?

I had a really hard time remembering what happened in the Venom episode of Ultimate Spider-Man and I saw it like 2 weeks ago! I haven't seen Spectacular Spider-Man in like 2 years and I remembered it with little trouble. That says SO MUCH about the 2 series. I AM looking at these series from a critical standpoint, and Im hardly being biased. I gave Ultimate Spider-Man a fair chance and it just straight up fails in nearly every aspect compared to Spectacular. Heck even compared to the 90's series Ultimate still fails!

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
    Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj: Exactly!

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Yai_Inn

@noj said:

@Hazlenaut: Okay lets compare how Peter stopped the symbiote in both series.... Well you cant even DO that since Peter didn't even really have the Symbiote in Ultimate. Once he got the Symbiote on in Ultimate he just changed straight to Venom. It took control of his actions and tried to kill all his friends until Peter saw Harry on the roof and miraculously breaks free of its control. The Symbiote wasn't even really a symbiote in Ultimate since it offered NO benefit to the wearer. It was more like a parasite taking control of its host.

On Spectaculars end we have a three episode arc where Peter gets the suit and starts to take advantage of it. All the while it is subtly affecting his personality and actions until Aunt May has a heart attack and he attacks his best friend almost losing control until FLASH of all people helps bring him to his senses. He then goes through what is basically psychological war fare with the symbiote until he flashes back to Uncle Ben causing him to reaffirm why he became Spider-Man in the first place which allows him to gain control and break free of the symbiotes influence. Youre going to honestly say that Ultimate did it better?

I had a really hard time remembering what happened in the Venom episode of Ultimate Spider-Man and I saw it like 2 weeks ago! I haven't seen Spectacular Spider-Man in like 2 years and I remembered it with little trouble. That says SO MUCH about the 2 series. I AM looking at these series from a critical standpoint, and Im hardly being biased. I gave Ultimate Spider-Man a fair chance and it just straight up fails in nearly every aspect compared to Spectacular. Heck even compared to the 90's series Ultimate still fails!

Absolutely perfect. A clear indication of how the writing (both character and plot development) is vastly superior in Spectacular.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By Strider1992

As far as i'm concerned the 90's Spider-man is still the best. Yes the animation and voice acting is not as good if you re-watch it (thanks nostalgia) but it is still completely unique compared to the others.

The dialogue is good, the story is pretty good (granted there are a few bad arcs), for once Spider-man isn't a kid and is in his 20's (i'm getting a little tired of them taking only from the teen version of Peter) and their representation of the Marvel universe and its villains (especially Venom and the black suit) was actually brilliant.

Spectacular Spider-man follows in a close second imo.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Well...Because it is. Out of all the TAS shows, only Batman: The New Adventures and the new Avengers series really compares to that great show. The voice acting's really good, and they really managed to capture Parker's sense of humor as well. It's also really true to the comics, and each episode has a nice little story too it.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

On name Greg Wiseman I think Ultimate is OKAY at the least...but its no Spectacular Spider-Man!

vicioushero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vicioushero

@Strider92 said:

As far as i'm concerned the 90's Spider-man is still the best. Yes the animation and voice acting is not as good if you re-watch it (thanks nostalgia) but it is still completely unique compared to the others.

The dialogue is good, the story is pretty good (granted there are a few bad arcs), for once Spider-man isn't a kid and is in his 20's (i'm getting a little tired of them taking only from the teen version of Peter) and their representation of the Marvel universe and its villains (especially Venom and the black suit) was actually brilliant.

Spectacular Spider-man follows in a close second imo.

THIS

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By AllNewOverseer

@noj said:

This. To be fair I do like some of the concepts USM is using such as the upgraded web-shooters, the alternate take on Venom (which I don't really see as Venom but would actually like to see fight the Fantastic Four as a regular bad guy), some of the jokes are genuinly amusing, Spidey being introduced to the Marvel Universe at large and the idea of Spider-Man (a known loner) having to lead a team are all good ideas that I thought were worth exploring, I think the animation and art style are an improvement as well but that's just me.

On the flip side however, the voice acting ranges from good (Iron Fist, Nick Fury, White Tiger and JJ) to "no... just no..." (Bell's Spider-Man which while tolerable is a not even a cheep knock off of Josh Keaton and Tom Kenny replacing Dee Bradley Baker as Dr. Conners? Why not replace Crispin Freeman as Kyon with Jake Loyd, though to be fair Kenny is at least a good VA) to "WWWHHHYYYY!?" (Tara Strong as Mary Jane... I like Tara Strong... I had few problems with her as Harley Quinn, but as Mary Jane? No. Nohohooo NO! This my be due to the fact that I always imaganed Tara Platt as MJ but Tara Strong's MJ just doesn't work to me!). There is a distinct lack of a "team" feeling to a series DEDICATED to a team. White Tiger never being seen being hit comes off as sexist to me. I don't get as to why they didn't just use the Richard Rider Nova (Brian Bendis, Man of Action and Paul freakin' Dini have roles in this series! Imagine the jokes!). The stories don't feel like they have any real gravity to them (past the first two episodes) and perhaps worst of all is that character is sacrificed for humor.

I've watched all the episodes out right now and if you want to see all that is WRONG with this series, check out the epsiode "Flight of the Iron Spider". Just remember that Peter is the guy who constantly reminds everyone about RESPONSIBLITY and you'll see what I mean!

However, this show does have potential. To see all that is RIGHT with the show watch the episode "Great Responsibility" and try and imagine the episode with out all the kiddy themes, perhaps comepare it or imagine it as closer to Spectacular Spider-Man episode "Competition". If the show dropped some of the kiddy themes and took itself a bit more seriously than, while I don't think it will be as good a show as Spectacular, Ultimate Spider-Man could be as good as Generator Rex or the original Ben 10 series.

My final verdict is that this show is still young and working out its bugs (and annoyances). Maybe if the show reaches season two or just a complete reboot, it could suprise a lot of people. I may be going down with this ship but as a Spider-Man fan, I feel its my duty to stick with the show until the very end and hope the situation improves like with what happend during OMD. I will always maintain that Spectacular is better as I thought every episode, every story and every voice (I loved Benjamin Diskin as Eddie, but they should have phoned Brian Drummond or just asked Steve Blum to voice Venom) was utter perfection, Ultimate Spider-Man has the potential to turn things around and be a memberable Spider-Man show. Or just watch that puppy sink and wait for the inevitable Amazing Spider-Man series staring Josh Keaton, JK Simmons, Tara Platt and Bruce Campbell as the Snarky Narrator.

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By Shadowsnake89

@r3d_rob1n said:

Spectacular Spidey was able to capture Spiderman humor, Peter Parker's high school life, and action against his main foes in a fun and exciting way. Is it the perfect show? No, far from it. The animation takes some getting used to and his insistence to call Eddie Brock "bro" 900 times per episode detract from the series overall.

However, it is still 10000x better than Ultimate Spidey. The voice acting, IMO, was far better in spectacular. Josh Keaton was able to capture the many moods of Spiderman, not that Bell is bad, just not as good. The whole team-up aspect of the show frustrates me. It is called Ultimate Spiderman, not Spidey and friends. I'm ok with the occasional team up, but I think it's better to have the majority of the action be Spidey only. Not to mention the jokes in Ultimate aren't funny and breaking the fourth wall only amuses 4 year olds

I agree completely. When i found out he was going to be on a team i was almost immediately turned off. I gave it a chance because i really like him in the New Avengers with Luke Cage's team. Then i found out he was going to be working for SHIELD and that ended it for me. I tried to watch one episode but i just couldn't get into it. Your right the dialogue from Spectacular was far better and Spideys one liners just felt more natural.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Gambit1024

@spiderbat87 said:

Because it is

Yep.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By 202122

Spectacular has better villains but Ultimate Spiderman is early in so i think i'll wait before saying things like i hate it or it's way better then spectacular

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By PunyParker

WHy we (i think) we liked the Ultimate Spiderman game? the story was EXACLY the same as the comics.....but it is one of the best Spiderman games so far......

why they couldnt do the same thing with the show?....the USM series had the potencial to be the BEST Spiderman series ever....i was really sad when they cancelled Spectacular, but when i heared about Ultimate,i was really excited and positive.....but the abcence of Josh Keaton droped me down a bit,and the clips with the 4th wall and the "toast" thing killed me!......I saw the animation and said, "thats it, i'll forget Spectacular, very quickly", but.....i ended to hate the show.

I Hate when they take the Ultimate Spider-Man title, witch is a mature enough comic-book (+13 i think) and make it for 4 year old kids......Web-Head doesnt deserve this....

P.S. The great thing about SSM is that the script/plot/voice-acting, made us forget the animation thing.....

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#32  Edited By TheCannon

1) Ultimate Spider-man sucks! The animation is good, but it just stinks. How is that better than any Spidey cartoon (except Spider-man Unlimited, SMU was horrible.)

2) Spectacular Spider-man is not the best ever and should not be seen as it. The 1994 series war far superior.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By BatteredArmor

I would say 90's was better

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PunyParker

@TheCannon said:

2) Spectacular Spider-man is not the best ever and should not be seen as it. The 1994 series war far superior.

No, but it had the potencial to be.....It lasted only 2 seasons......if it had been for over than these 2 FANTASTIC seasons, it would be the best...

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheCannon

@PunyParker said:

@TheCannon said:

No, but it had the potencial to be.....It lasted only 2 seasons......if it had been for over than these 2 FANTASTIC seasons, it would be the best...

I disagree. It was good for the time it aired, but compared to the 90's series, and it makes it look like Spider-man Unlimited.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By darthfury78

@TheCannon said:

@PunyParker said:

@TheCannon said:

I disagree. It was good for the time it aired, but compared to the 90's series, and it makes it look like Spider-man Unlimited.

And the producers SHOULD have used Spider-Man Unlimited as the final season of Spider-Man TAS. Instead, they let the ball drop bigtime by not going in that direction in favor of Spider-Man going to Counter-Earth. Spider-Man Unlimited was a wasted opportunity.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheCannon

@darthfury78 said:

@TheCannon said:

@PunyParker said:

@TheCannon said:

And the producers SHOULD have used Spider-Man Unlimited as the final season of Spider-Man TAS. Instead, they let the ball drop bigtime by not going in that direction in favor of Spider-Man going to Counter-Earth. Spider-Man Unlimited was a wasted opportunity.

No. They shouldn't of. It was a bad idea. They should of just kept doing what they were doing. Spider-man Unlimited was a horrible idea, ad they shouldn't of done anything with it.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By fodigg
    Why is Spectacular Spider-Man seen as the best Spidey show ever?

Because they haven't made a Spidey 2099 show, like Batman Beyond, yet. (Okay yes, they had Spidey Unlimited but that just wasn't the same.)

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By darthfury78

@TheCannon said:

No. They shouldn't of. It was a bad idea. They should of just kept doing what they were doing. Spider-man Unlimited was a horrible idea, ad they shouldn't of done anything with it.

Spider-Man Unlimited was mandated by FOX Kids as they were the ones who cancelled Spider-Man: TAS after 65 episodes. Thus, the same producers would did Spider-Man: TAS were assigned to do Spider-Man Unlimited. Thus, they could have continued their story from there. Just as Bruce Timm was able to complete the series finale of Batman Beyond within the second season of Justice League Unlimited episode #26: "Epilogue".

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheCannon

@darthfury78 said:

@TheCannon said:

Spider-Man Unlimited was mandated by FOX Kids as they were the ones who cancelled Spider-Man: TAS after 65 episodes. Thus, the same producers would did Spider-Man: TAS were assigned to do Spider-Man Unlimited. Thus, they could have continued their story from there. Just as Bruce Timm was able to complete the series finale of Batman Beyond within the second season of Justice League Unlimited episode #26: "Epilogue".

That didn't help it was a bad idea. And the Batman Beyond thing they had to wait for Justice League Unlimited until, because of the stuff involving Amanda Waller and Cadmus. They didn't come up with the idea until they were making JLU.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mewmdude77 said:

For me, I like Ultimate Spider-Man better so far.

No Caption Provided

@spiderbat87 said:

Because it is

QFT

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why Ultimate Spider-man sucks:

1. Its called Ultimate Spider-Man, not Spider-Man and his amazing friends. There is no need for the team.

2. The writing is aimed at children. SMALL children.

3. All of the villains suck, especially "Venom" (I am NOT calling that abomination Venom, so hes just "Venom" to me).

4. The comedy is weak.

5. Doc Ock is a cripple and a minion of Osborn, instead of a criminal genius who has his own minions. WTF.

6. White Tiger is damn near useless.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The later seasons of the 90 series dropped the ball badly.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PunyParker

For 2 seasons SSM was fantastic, and nearly 90% of TRUE Spiderman fans(i mean the older ones) liked it for its originality and the way it brought Spidey to the "scene".....

Ultimate is just destroying Spiderman....IRON_FIST??? WHITE TIGER???? CLASSMATES???????? COME ON!!!!!!!!!

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mewmdude77

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Why Ultimate Spider-man sucks:

1. Its called Ultimate Spider-Man, not Spider-Man and his amazing friends. There is no need for the team.

2. The writing is aimed at children. SMALL children.

3. All of the villains suck, especially "Venom" (I am NOT calling that abomination Venom, so hes just "Venom" to me).

4. The comedy is weak.

5. Doc Ock is a cripple and a minion of Osborn, instead of a criminal genius who has his own minions. WTF.

6. White Tiger is damn near useless.

1. Spider-Man is usually a team player, hell, he even had his own comic made just for team-ups a while back. Plus, he's getting trained to be an Avenger. It makes perfect sense.

2. You do know the Ultimate Universe is a more adult friendly universe?

3. Why do you dislike Venom? It's pretty similar to the origin in Ultimate Spider-Man, the symbiote was just made of his dad's blood instead

4. Some comedy is different for different people

5. HE was osborn's minion in Ultimate Spider-Man.

6. She's not useless, she helped Spidey defeat Task master last time, remember?

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mewmdude77

@TheCannon said:

I totally agree with you on that. the 90's Spider-Man was the best Spidey show ever in my opinion. My second favorite is probably Spider-Man and his Amazing friends. My third is Spectacular Spider-Man (I'm not counting Ultimate in here, since there has only been 4 or 5 episodes of Ultimate so far.)

The worst three in my opinion are 70's American live action, Unlimited, and then 60's Spider-Man. though, we did get Spidey's theme from the 60's one.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheCannon

@mewmdude77 said:

@TheCannon said:

I totally agree with you on that. the 90's Spider-Man was the best Spidey show ever in my opinion. My second favorite is probably Spider-Man and his Amazing friends. My third is Spectacular Spider-Man (I'm not counting Ultimate in here, since there has only been 4 or 5 episodes of Ultimate so far.)

The worst three in my opinion are 70's American live action, Unlimited, and then 60's Spider-Man. though, we did get Spidey's theme from the 60's one.

I've never seen the live action or the 60s. I watched four episodes of Unlimited, and I couldn't take it anymore. Spider-man and his Amazing friends was good for it's time, but would be considered crap today. I have hated Ultimate Spider-man so far, but like the animation. It might improve, but I doubt it. And you forgot to mention Spider-man: the New Animated Series.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mewmdude77

@TheCannon said:

@mewmdude77 said:

@TheCannon said:

I've never seen the live action or the 60s. I watched four episodes of Unlimited, and I couldn't take it anymore. Spider-man and his Amazing friends was good for it's time, but would be considered crap today. I have hated Ultimate Spider-man so far, but like the animation. It might improve, but I doubt it. And you forgot to mention Spider-man: the New Animated Series.

Don't watch the live action American show. It was horrible from what I've read. None of Spidey's villains, only Aunt May and JJJ as supporting cast that were from the comics, plus dumb plot. the 60's one is now a meme, so just take it that if a show turns into a meme, it's very bad. Unlimited was very horrible. Spidey doesn't belong on Counter Earth. Spider-Man and his amazing friends was a good show for me, it's fun. I've never seen the MTV spidey show, so I didn't mention it, or the live action Japanese Spidey show.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49  Edited By InnerVenom123

@mewmdude77 said:

Like in Spectacular, when Peter got the symbiote, he got all moody, emo, and angry, like in Spider-Man 3, which was hated by these same exact fans. Why the hypocricy? What's different about him being emo in the movie, and in the show?

He wasn't emo in the show.

He was irritable and moody, but he didn't have the f**king emo haircut.

Also, it was played with subtlety, which is something Spider-man 3 failed to have.

He started off just enjoying the power of it. Slowly but surely, he started to call himself "we" instead of "I", and the suit itself started to change, to show that it was taking over.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheCannon

@mewmdude77 said:

@TheCannon said:

@mewmdude77 said:

@TheCannon said:

Don't watch the live action American show. It was horrible from what I've read. None of Spidey's villains, only Aunt May and JJJ as supporting cast that were from the comics, plus dumb plot. the 60's one is now a meme, so just take it that if a show turns into a meme, it's very bad. Unlimited was very horrible. Spidey doesn't belong on Counter Earth. Spider-Man and his amazing friends was a good show for me, it's fun. I've never seen the MTV spidey show, so I didn't mention it, or the live action Japanese Spidey show.

I forgot the Japanese show. And yeah. Unlimited did suck. I never saw the 60s show other than a few minutes of one episode, then I lost the internet. Unlimited though was just horrible. The costume was horrible, the voice cast, and the plot made no sense. A planet identical to Earth on the other side of the sun? What the heck is that?!?!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.