Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Why I think the Superior Spider-man will fall (and become amazing again).

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Aros001

These are my opinions and theories that I am backing up with logic and/or tends in comics. If you have your own opinion, feel free to voice it. Also, apologies for the scattered images, it looked much better when I was first creating this blog.

No Caption Provided

1. The telepath factor:

Marvel comics has many people who can read minds. Even if they are the ones that prefer not to invade privacy, eventually someone will need to look into SpOck's mind and they will find out his secret. There are also some bad guy telepaths that won't hesitate to do it and while SpOck could just kill them right after, he'd have quite a hard time of it. He can't avoid it forever all in the comic here.

The telepath factor
    The telepath factor

Which should have ended much differently.

The telepath factor
    The telepath factor

2. Ock's ego:

Ock is too into himself. He spent his life trying to make himself great. But now that he has all the opportunities he needs, all the credit will go to Peter Parker, not Otto Octavius. Eventually he will not be able to handle this and will slip up. He even almost said his real name after a fight.

Ock's ego
    Ock's ego

He has ego trouble.

Ock's ego
    Ock's ego

And unlike the real Peter, he will seek revenge on those who thwart him or destroy those who stand in his way.

Ock's ego
    Ock's ego
    Ock's ego
    Ock's ego

3. The Carlie factor:

She is one of the few who suspects that something is not right about the Superior Spider-man and is actually doing something about it. She's one of the few who was close enough to Peter to know that he wouldn't do this to someone like Vulture.

The Carlie factor
    The Carlie factor

...And she's finding proof against him.

The Carlie factor
    The Carlie factor

And even if SpOck finds out what she's doing or that she knows and kills her to keep his secret, someone will find out about that and know for sure that he is not the Spider-man they thought he was.

4. Too many people knew the real Peter Parker.

Though they suspect little at the moment, the people who knew Peter will see that he is way too different from how he was before. Someone will eventually hear about what he did to Black Cat...

Too many people knew the real Peter Parker

...how he's treating the people everyone knows Peter loves...

... or the army he built for himself.

Someone (or maybe even S.H.I.E.L.D) is going to take action against him.

5. He may have the body, but Ock is not Spider-man:

No Caption Provided

Marvel called Spider-man the world's greatest hero because he nearly always found a way to win while still being the hero that (at the end of the day) everyone liked or at least respected. Ock is not any of those things. He has crossed many lines that the heroes have for a reason in order to win. He doesn't believe in the same morals that Peter did. And he's kind of an egotistical jerk that no one likes (comic character-wise). Peter Parker and Spider-man are basically the same person, so Ock cannot be Spider-man if he's not Peter Parker.

6. The real Peter is not gone yet.

Ock went into the mind of Peter Parker and battled with the real one to destroy Parker's memories that were preventing him from being the "Superior" Spider-man. To the horror of many, Ock succeeded.

The real Peter is not gone yet

...Or did he? It may interest you to know that (according to the three in one stepford cuckoos anyway) that the brain never truly forgets anything, it's just the connections to the memories that fail. It seems more likely that Ock just destroyed those connections or otherwise he'd have likely given himself brain damage. But if this semi-plausible theory isn't good enough for you, looking in hope at the last panel of the image.

He's back, baby.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

I hope Peter's back and Otto's going to be exposed but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

All these reasons that you've shown above are at the same time the reasons that make this comic book the epitome of comic book stupidity. I do hope Peter comes back.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PeppeyHare

I don't think anybody is questioning if Peter will eventually return. He'll most likely be back by the time ASM2 releases.

Avatar image for theblackpeterparker
    TheBlackPeterParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if Peter comes back, will Doc Ock ever come back in his original form?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was never a matter of IF it is a matter of when he will comeback

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.