Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Why did Spider-Man lose all his former Power?

SSG335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SSG335

Like he got like Super Strong with all the new powers got but now he`s back to normal.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467 said:
    " @SSG335: They were retconned in Brand New Day. Mephisto took away his power enhancements. "
    nope. Tom Broovert from marvel said that its a combination of that Peter doesnt remember that he actually has them 
    and he hasnt been pit against the kind of opponent that his upper level powers come out against. he just doesnt
    know they are even there to access them as a result of the constant illusion. there never was a retcon. everything 
    happened  and a few characters remember continuity. Peter and many others are just seeing a constant state of
    illusion, hence he still has his power upgrades from The Other.
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By zombietag
    @CATMANEXE: shoulda retconned them. i HATED the other. maybe some of you guys really liked that and im not trying to convince you why you shouldn't love it, but i thought the whole story was really bad. the only good spiderman thing by jms ive read was asm civil war.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Primmaster64

Exacly Brand New Day

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By zombietag
    @Silver2467: thats the most polite/dont want to make you angry/double check everything comment ive ever seen on cv haha
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467: 
    yes, he has to " unlock " or better yet rediscover them, much like his own life.
    and i liked it as well. granted some of the individual writing in the BND stories was lacking,
    the overall concept wasnt terrible, and the book was in not only bad need of a fresh direction, 
    but ways to reset the classic aspects of the character, things the readers also demanded for 
    years prior to it. strange how people complain about what they have because they dont have what
    they dont, then when they get what they dont they complain about that as well. lol.
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spidey 15

i think his powers were spectacular but those stingers were too much but nevermind...    
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By InnerVenom123

Anything having to with JMS was sorta dumb, imo. It seemed to jump the shark a lot. A LOT.  And his Spidey really wasn't that funny, from the comics I've read.... it was more serious....

Not that he's a bad writer....
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By danhimself
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Anything having to with JMS was sorta dumb, imo. It seemed to jump the shark a lot. A LOT.  And his Spidey really wasn't that funny, from the comics I've read.... it was more serious.... Not that he's a bad writer.... "
    agreed...the whole "Other" storyline was ridiculous
    Spidertheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spidertheking

Personally I loved Civil war I JUST HATED how JMS backed the story in a corner forcing marvel to the pull the Mephistopheles card. I want to old spider-man back the organic web shooters, the 2 ton lift etc.
    @zombietag said:

" @CATMANEXE: shoulda retconned them. i HATED the other. maybe some of you guys really liked that and im not trying to convince you why you shouldn't love it, but i thought the whole story was really bad. the only good spiderman thing by jms ive read was asm civil war. "

The powers in brand new day  makes him in a way kind of invincible, AND THAT'S JUST NOT SPIDER MAN!!!

A decade of character development down the toilet! Peter Parker going from a nerd living in the basement of his aunt having to hide his identity of spider-man from aunt may and Mary Jane peter to being a well respected A-list superhero who is well respected in the comic book community as well in the superhero community from getting beat up by rhino, and shocker to being able to hold his own against iron-man, and Captain America. To me Spider-man was a prime example of character development , but now all that is down the drain!!!  Now we're back in the basement now we're back to no MJ, and Pete, and to me that's a feat worth firing. I don't know maybe a asshole or maybe I'm passionate about Spidey take your pick. Just my opinion
    spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spiderbuck1

2 ton lift?  i thought even before the power up he was at 10.  

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spidey 15
    @spiderbuck:
    I'm sure he confused.
    solid27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By solid27

i was arguing with my two best friends the other day about who they thought was the most powerful superheroe in marvel which was spiderman. i was thinking they were crazy to think that spiderman was the best superhero, but then they told me that spiderman had metamorphosed and became the most powerful superhero in marvel even more powerful than the hulk and thor . i was wonder if this is true or not can any comic book expert help me.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By joshmightbe

he did get a big boost but hes never been near thors power level
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spidey 15
    @solid27 said:
    "i was arguing with my two best friends the other day about who they thought was the most powerful superheroe in marvel which was spiderman. i was thinking they were crazy to think that spiderman was the best superhero, but then they told me that spiderman had metamorphosed and became the most powerful superhero in marvel even more powerful than the hulk and thor . i was wonder if this is true or not can any comic book expert help me. "

The most powerful of course not..... but imo he's the best...=].... as joshmightbe said spidey become really powerful but not in Thor's level... maybe they confused him with cosmic spidey...=]
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Primmaster64

Because of MF OMD and BND

solid27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By solid27

ok thanks for the info guys. i have nothing against spider-man he's definitly one of my favorite super heroes. the thing is though, one of the main reason why i like spider-man is because he's not the best, but he goes up agianst opponents who are better than him and still beats them by figuring out ways other than brute strength. and thats awsome
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By spidey 15
    @solid27 said:
    "ok thanks for the info guys. i have nothing against spider-man he's definitly one of my favorite super heroes. the thing is though, one of the main reason why i like spider-man is because he's not the best, but he goes up agianst opponents who are better than him and still beats them by figuring out ways other than brute strength. and thats awsome "

I like the way you think...=]
    ohmek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ohmek

So he still has his old powers? That's cool but how does he not know he doesn't have organic webbing?

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " @Silver2467 said:
    " @SSG335: They were retconned in Brand New Day. Mephisto took away his power enhancements. "
    nope. Tom Broovert from marvel said that its a combination of that Peter doesnt remember that he actually has them  and he hasnt been pit against the kind of opponent that his upper level powers come out against. he just doesnt know they are even there to access them as a result of the constant illusion. there never was a retcon. everything  happened  and a few characters remember continuity. Peter and many others are just seeing a constant state of illusion, hence he still has his power upgrades from The Other. "
    That doesn't make sense to me.
    Pete sems to remember just about every thng else pre BND.
    When he went on an adventure with the FF and the identity issue came up it seemed to me as though he remembered every thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.