Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Why can't Marvel decide on how secret Spider-Man's identity can be?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, Marvel will once again be retconing who know's Spider-Man's secret identity. After Secret Wars it will be as if the Avengers never knew his identity.......again. Why can't they make up there minds? Before Civil War, MJ, Aunt May and the Avengers knew his identity, then Civil War happened and everyone knew, then OMD happened and no one knew so he had to unmask for the Avengers again, and now there retconing it again to where apparently no ones knows.....again. Seriously, it's really annoying, and it messes with his relationships with his teammates. Do you wish they would stop messing with it?

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

I honestly don't care if they know or not. Just keep Spidey off The Avengers.

Beata

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where did you see that nobody knows his secret identity?

But If I had to choose, yes, I wish they stopped messing with it. Just let his relationship with other heroes develop and grow.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy: It was confirmed that the Avenger don't know his identity anymore. They even released a panel from Uncanny Avengers where he uses his "new job" as "Peter Parker's bodyguard" as a reason for him to leave. None of the heroes no he's Peter anymore.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: Where was it confirmed mate, an interview?

And about the issue, there are people on the team who don't know his secret identity, right? And we know how protective of it he is...Steve and Johhny were possibly just playing along. They usually do this trick.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By kcomicfan

TBH I don't care if the do or do not know Peter is Spider-man

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't care if they know or not. Just keep Spidey off The Avengers.

Beata

I think it would create interesting dynamics if some super heroes knew Peter's secret identity whilst others didn't.

lol, yeah I tend to agree about keeping Spidey off the Avengers books. Spider-Man is a formidable, intelligent and largely independent super hero and I never quite warmed up to that idea. I have always felt he works best solo, with the occasional team up or guest appearance in a team book. Same with Wolverine.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.