Why aren't Black suit Spidey and Venom similar in appearance?

#1 Posted by TheTimShow (78 posts) - - Show Bio

We have Spider-Man who's suit is just a black suit with a big white spider and also we have Eddie Brock as Venom, the symbiote gave Eddie a massive monstrous face and turned him into basically a black hulk, but Spider-Man structure and appearance didn't change? Is it because of maybe that Eddie had way more rage or somethin'? Also on both suits the symbiote forms a huge white and highly stylized spider logo, why did the symbiote even form a logo being organic?

#2 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

The suit didn't exactly want to tip its villainous side at first. With a little chemical help, Mac Gargan hides the true nature of the symbiote as well while on Dark Avengers. The suit always can look normal, it just doesn't want to.

#3 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2611 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheTimShow: From an artistic standpoint it's to distance Venom from Spidey. From a comic standpoint it's because without Spidey, the symbiote just chooses to make itself look like a monster. I remember one comic, don't ask me when or what issue cause I don't remember, where he took it back for a minute or two and it looked like the regular black costume, no fangs or anything.

#4 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

When Spider-Man was in the symbiote, he was in control, but when he dumped it, and it attached to Eddie, who has a bigger build than Spidey, it grew angry due to Eddie's rage, and it's own rage at Spidey abandoning it, so it turned into a monster. Also, it's always had the white logo, even when Spidey had it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.