Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17251 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Who would you like to see play Peter Parker

Avatar image for cloneofbenreilly
    CloneOfBenReilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By CloneOfBenReilly

There's a new trailer posted for the upcoming 'The Amazing Spider-man' movie and when I first opened the page I thought I could see Dexter (Micheal Hall) in Spidey's suit. That got me wondering who the best current actor would be to play Peter Parker. It's probably been done to death here and elsewhere, but why not?

I'd expect someone like Shia LeBeauf but would scoff (and still go see it 3 times). Maybe Joseph Gordon-Levitt? What do you think?

Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Renee

Well I think Andrew Garfield is going to do a good job. But besides him, Zac Efron. ♥

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Deranged Midget

Garfield was a good choice, I'm glad they went with a random. Besides that, I have no idea who else would be a good choice.

@Renee: Why Zac Efron lol?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#3  Edited By Joygirl

People always hate when I suggest him for stuff, but I could see Hayden Christensen doing it. He sucked in Star Wars but he's been great in everything else he's done (Jumper, Awake, etc.), so I'd give him a shot as an older Spidey.

Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Renee

@Deranged Midget:

Because I'm in love with him. :P

But for reals I think he looks the part and could act it well. You may only think of him from HSM but he's done more serious roles like Charlie St. Cloud and he was good.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Renee: TBH, I've never seen High School Musical :P and I think the only thing I've seen him in is 17 Again. I guess he kind of looks the part, but maybe just a young Pete not an older one.

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By kingjoeg

Peter Parker should be much younger. Andrew Garfield is 27 but when Peter first gets his powers he is 15. If they ever recast him he should be a lot closer to that age.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle  Online

The reason Tobey Maguire was such a great choice is that he had a good "nerdy looking, could be a weirdo" vibe to him. I find that Andrew Garfield doesn't have this, not saying he would do a bad job, I just find he doesn't look the part

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @cattlebattle said:
    The reason Tobey Maguire was such a great choice is that he had a good "nerdy looking, could be a weirdo" vibe to him. I find that Andrew Garfield doesn't have this, not saying he would do a bad job, I just find he doesn't look the part
    I never thought Tobey Maguire was a good choice. Ever.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cattlebattle  Online
    @spiderbat87 said:
    @cattlebattle said:
    perhaps I overstated, he wasn't the perfect choice, he pulled off looking like an awkward, dorky looking dude very well, Andrew Garfield looks like a male model 

I don't know, I guess Petey is supposed to be Don Juan these days, but in his original appearance and in the Ultimate books I think he was meant to be kind of average in terms of looks, definitely "dorky looking"........... 

Of course, none of this effects a performance, I'm just saying
    _Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By _Zombie_

@spiderbat87 said:

@cattlebattle said:

Agreed. He's got the look, but I just hate his acting.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @cattlebattle said:
    @spiderbat87 said:
    @cattlebattle said:
    perhaps I overstated, he wasn't the perfect choice, he pulled off looking like an awkward, dorky looking dude very well, Andrew Garfield looks like a male model  I don't know, I guess Petey is supposed to be Don Juan these days, but in his original appearance and in the Ultimate books I think he was meant to be kind of average in terms of looks, definitely "dorky looking"...........  Of course, none of this effects a performance, I'm just saying
    Well in the Ultimate Universe it was always stated that Peter was incredibly cute, I'm pretty sure there's even a scene in it with all the females discussing the fact. 
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cattlebattle  Online
    @spiderbat87 said:
    @cattlebattle said:

Well in the Ultimate Universe it was always stated that Peter was incredibly cute, I'm pretty sure there's even a scene in it with all the females discussing the fact. 
    hmmmm.....strange, being that he was drawn smaller  and more awkward than any other incarnation, guess it depends on the writer and artist
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @cattlebattle said:
    @spiderbat87 said:
    @cattlebattle said:

hmmmm.....strange, being that he was drawn smaller  and more awkward than any other incarnation, guess it depends on the writer and artist
    You can still be small and awkward and good looking. Bendis did the whole series did he not?
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cattlebattle  Online
    @spiderbat87 said:
    @cattlebattle said
    You can still be small and awkward and good looking. Bendis did the whole series did he not?
    Correct on both counts, don't know, Peter form Ultimate always just looked like a geeky hot mess in those books to me
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @cattlebattle said:
    @spiderbat87 said:
    @cattlebattle said
    Correct on both counts, don't know, Peter form Ultimate always just looked like a geeky hot mess in those books to me
    Well in the concept design for Ultimate Pete it says "Peter Parker - 5ft 9, 140lbs, little nerd but cute" and "big feet and hands, as if he's not fully grown in to them" 
    Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Renee

@Deranged Midget:

I thought they were going for a younger version? Well he looks a little older since 17 Again anyway lol.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By ReVamp

Ben Reilly.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Renee said:

@Deranged Midget:

I thought they were going for a younger version? Well he looks a little older since 17 Again anyway lol.

Well they are lmao, but I don't think he can pull off an older look if the series kicks off. But that's just my opinion.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

Ben Reilly.

Best answer

TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheRedRobin96

Shia LeBeouf would be a TERRIABLE Spider-Man. I think that Andrew Garfield will be a great Peter Parker.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
    TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By TheWitchingHour

Andrew Garfield was a great choice. I'd stick with him. He even has a super understated Queens accent that isn't forced at all.

Avatar image for cloneofbenreilly
    CloneOfBenReilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CloneOfBenReilly

@ReVamp: Can't argue with Ben Reilly :)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By Strider1992

If he was younger and had less of an accent Jensen Ackles might have been able to pull it off. Shia LeBeouf would be an aweful Peter Parker.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Funrush

I think when casting a Spider-man, people should use the old look of the 60's Amazing Spiderman for reference. I agree that Andrew Garfield may do a good job. I also agree with Joygirl that Hayden Christensen might actually be a good Spiderman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.